SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
GA Gator gifted me with an incredibly generous box of assorted cigars. Thank You! That was an incredible gift.

Enjoying a La Flor Dominicana Air Bender from them tonight. Perfect burn, smooth and nice draw.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perdomo event at my home cigar store. Not one of my regular brands so i talked to the rep for about half an hour before picking out some sticks. Smoked a Connecticut wrapper 20th Anniversary in the lounge. It was a nice stick, good burn and the last third was actually a bit on the powerful side. Low turn out and I came away with some cool swag, a USB rechargeable torch and a nice cutter. Looking forward to trying some more from them.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Girlfriend is in Honduras and wants to bring me home a few sticks. I gave her some suggestions and she said that the man at the cigar store has his own cigar factory.

The cigars I like are made to be sold in the US and Europe, not in Honduras . His cigars are a 6 leaf blend and aged 25 years...

Looking forward to trying them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I hope they don’t wind up being infested with tobacco beetle larvae... Eek Buddy of mine brought back a box of ”nice cigars” from Meheeco for me a long time ago. Got up one morning to find little black dots crawling around my humidor.

Hope you like them!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Ronin, I think it nice that your girlfriend is thoughtful enough to bring you cigars. Hope you enjoy them.

Brad,
Thanks for the nice note. I like the Perdomo champagne I don't have them often but enjoy them when I do. I think I sent you one with some age on it and the cellophane was really yellow.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I hope they don’t wind up being infested with tobacco beetle larvae.

If you freeze the cigars you will be good to go. Follow these steps... http://www.cubanhouseofcigars....r-freezing-tutorial/

Posts: 3663 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
It's a great idea to freeze any cigar purchased outside of the US.

Cuba freezes all exported cigars, but not custom rolls or any cigars sold in Cuba.

I'm not sure about other countries.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the note about “freezing” guys, 100% I would have forgotten that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
If you freeze the cigars you will be good to go. Follow these steps... http://www.cubanhouseofcigars....r-freezing-tutorial/
Yup...did the whoooole procedure for all the sticks in my humidor. What a PITA!! And this was back some 20+ years ago.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pre-pandemic starting cigar tonight, Avo Syncro

As a healthcare provider, gonna be a certainty to be exposed to the Ebola Corona Kungflu over the next couple weeks. Figure i better get some sticks in before I start hacking.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Brad, smoke'em if you got'em. I am having a tatuaje cojonu 2012 Sumatra. Along with some labatts blues.

I have had a bunch of good cigars lately, weather here is changing to spring so I can sit outside and enjoy a cigar.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Perdomo event at my home cigar store. Not one of my regular brands so i talked to the rep for about half an hour before picking out some sticks. Smoked a Connecticut wrapper 20th Anniversary in the lounge. It was a nice stick, good burn and the last third was actually a bit on the powerful side. Low turn out and I came away with some cool swag, a USB rechargeable torch and a nice cutter. Looking forward to trying some more from them.

Try the Perdomo Barrel Aged. I think you will enjoy (I used to. Last stick 8/22/19, Dr's orders. Still cleaning out the humi)

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I'm with you Brad, smoke'em if you got'em. I am having a tatuaje cojonu 2012 Sumatra. Along with some labatts blues.

I have had a bunch of good cigars lately, weather here is changing to spring so I can sit outside and enjoy a cigar.

Thats funny. I too enjoyed a Tatuaje/labatts blue combo a couple of days ago when it was 50° outside.
Very enjoyable. Glad you enjoyed yours as well.

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1103 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
my last smoke was a Tabak Especial Dolce, nice with coffee AND i picked up a nice 4th gen SW 40 cal TSW from copper custom arms that was an old CHP gun, 430 shipped!

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3315 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
This thread needs more pictures. Wink

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I just enjoyed a Romeo San Andreas (very dark, fairly strong), followed by a Kristoff. Paired them with a few drams of sherry cask aged Mac 12; while sitting by an outdoor fire. Quite nice.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed a nice Liga L40 on the back porch. Looks like will all have alot if time to smoke some good sticks.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am not buying any cigars or bourbon just banking money for a while. So I am smoking through some old sticks. I've had a Edgar Hoill OSOK sitting around because it is a 7" salomon. I'm going to fire it up shortly.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

posted Hide Post
First cigar of the Michigan Stay in Place order is a Perdomo 20th anniversary.

What are you all smoking tonight?