SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Glad it's not just me.

I’m tracking a few that made it to my regional usps center then stopped moving. Tracking shows it’s on the way to next destination.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Enjoying my final cigars for a while. I’m having spinal fusion tomorrow and I can’t smoke again until the bones are fused.

Today is a 3 cigar day. I had a PLPC with coffee after breakfast, a RASS after lunch.

After Dinner I’ll have a PL Regalias de Londres, a UK regional from 2009. I only have a few of these left. It’s the best cigar I’ve ever had. I will also burn one of these when I can smoke again.

Enjoy your cigars BOTL!

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Enjoy the smokes Jeff. Prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery. How long do the bones take to fuse?

I am likewise will be going without cigars for a while. I contracted Covid last week.

And right on cue my cubans cleared customs over the weekend should arrive tomorrow.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Oh, geez, sorry to hear that! Please take care and a speedy recovery to you.

My surgeon said 4-12 months.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Burned one of these. Next to last stick left from box of 25 Romeo No.1 bought in 2004 when overseas. Will look for the next stash but it won't be these. Gonna try something else. Don't know what yet. As seldom as I enjoy a cigar, it will need to be something that stores and ages well. Thinking maybe Arturo Fuente 858 Natural. I know little to nothing about cigars except I like quality. Suggestions?

Posts: 4700 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Holy CRAP, Messrs. Jeff and Gator!! Eek God speed!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks ejr.

Hobbs, give Ramon Allones Allones Superior a try.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Hobbs, give Ramon Allones Allones Superior a try.

Thanks Jeff. That looks like one I would really enjoy but I can't find them in stock anywhere and I've checked almost a dozen places online that usually carry them.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Hobbs, send me an email if you want.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Last cigar for a while....

2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
Good luck Jeff! Hope for a speedy recovery. I am fused from L2-S1 with a series of rods amd screws for stability. Done in 94. Keep us posted on your progeess when you are feeling weell enough.

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1104 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I am having L2-S1 done, with screws and rods, along with dead guy bone grafts.

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
What a view! Hope it's a great one for you. Hope everything goes well for you and you have a good recovery.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Thanks! I am having L2-S1 done, with screws and rods, along with dead guy bone grafts.

Fuckin Frankenyarchin

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn! Hope y'all have a speedy recovery.

I am finally kicking back for the day. Hot made even hotter having to wear a damn mask all day. Made myself a mohito and smoking a La Flor Dominicana chisel tipped double ligero.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gator, how are you feeling? Kicking covids ass I hope!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yeah...Mr. Gator and Mr. Yarchin. How yous guys doin'??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks for asking erj. I'm hanging in there making slow progress, about that I expected during the first two weeks after Surgery.

I have some unexpected pain and swelling in my right ankle that I'll be calling the doc's office about today.

Gator, you okay?

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Great to see you on the mend, Jeff. I'm smoking this thinking of you....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Gator hasn’t posted since 6/09 when he mentioned his Covid diagnosis. Hope he is ok.