SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Been smoking and buying a lot of viaje lately. Too many to post. Heres the Pina i am curently smoking.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Pete i still have 1 original release left from a box Kristen bought me. Have they mellowed out any? I used to love that heavy pepper but now its too much for me, sometimes i am in the mood for it and think about smoking it but then i change my mind.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The pepper was very much there. As much if not more than when fresh.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
I may have to let it sit even longer.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box of the 2017 Tatuaje TAA's.

A bit of a pepper bomb to begin with, but really mellowed out after the first quarter. An enjoyable smoke. Going to let them sit for a while and check them again in a few months.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
As you guys know I'm a Tat whore, I've had the RC #1 and loved it, this is my first RC 184. Once it got past the closed foot it opened up nicely.

Wife and I are at a cabin in No. GA mtns celebrating 19 th anniversary, a great year, great kids I'm truly blessed.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Up next is a Tat Barclay Rex

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary! Enjoy your time with each other and we want details!

About the cigars you sick s.o.b.'s! Lol

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dug out, for the most part, about 16" of snow. Enjoying a Fallen Angel at the moment.

posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary Gator. Enjoy your retreat.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
New to me humidor upgrade

Come across this humidor on Craigslist about a month or so ago. The guy had several hundred random cigars that he wanted to bundle with it. I had no interest in them and kept an eye on it. He found someone to take the majority of the cigars leaving a few "high end, very expensive custom rolled CC and NC sticks". I had pretty much jumped to my own conclusion ahead of time in regards to these "custom" sticks. I get to his house and open up the humidor. To say that the sticks were SHIT would be a compliment. Falling apart, flaking apart, each one damaged. I had a chuckle and politely declined.

The humidor itself is 32" tall x 23" wide x 15" deep. It has two portions. The cabinet portion is closed off from the upper portion. Essentially two humidors in one. It is solidly built with thick cedar, seals around all the edges and glass, and the top lid is very thick and heavy. The seal on the doors and lid are impressive.

There are a couple things I don't care for but can't complain too much for the price of this beauty. First thing is unfortunately the two sections are seperated. There are no air slots leading to the upper portion so I'll still have to use beads, foam, etc in the top portion. I have my Oasis excel in the cabinet and I just ordered the additional hydra fan kit to attach to it. Second thing is the side channels used to hold the foam humidifiers. They are firmly attached but I should be able to pry them off. I might try one to see how it looks after I take it off before deciding to pry the rest off. Third nag would be the top dividers. They are put together firmly and weren't meant to come apart for you to adjust the layout.

Regardless it's a nice humidor that will allow my collection to grow with plenty of room for boxes. I have a question for you guys. Does anyone know what that little shelf in the top portion is for? It seems odd for that to be there to cover that bigger middle section.

Previous humidor

New one

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Its probably just a little display shelf, put a few smokes up there that you plan on smoking soon, almost dry boxing, the top part of the humidor is always the place with the least amount of moisture.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Think of the top area as quick access to the smokes you'll grab most often, down below keep those that you wish to store.

By having an access point up top you don't disturb the overall humidity as you would opening up the whole humidor each time you need/want a cigar.

It should have it's own area that isn't attached to the humidity area below that you
regulate separately.

One for smoking, one for storage...

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Tonight I checked out a cigar store just outside of Dallas owned by a guy who does business with the owners of the B&M I go to in Minnesota. He set me up in the private lounge with free bar, WiFi, bathroom, etc. Just 3 of us back here telling stories about cigars and ...stuff. Smoking an Atabey. Guys, this cigar is probably the greatest tasting stick I’ve ever smoked. Just beyond perfect. Next up is a Byron, another stick I’ve never tried.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does the Atabey compare to? I understand it might have the flavor profile of a cuban cohiba.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Holy hell guys.. I've haven't been on SF in a long time (even to lurk). I open up this thread and it looks like it started getting quite active again. I check the messenger group regularly, but I've been slacking over here...

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted Hide Post
Latest addition to my Cigar Jar collection. 25 Ramon Allones Specially Selected from 2014.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I know next to nothing about cigars. My wife just got back from a Caribbean cruise, and brought this home for me.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Warhorse, sorry to say that if she didn’t buy this at a La Casa Del Habano it’s probably fake.

If you post more pictures of the tube and the cigar it will be easier to tell. Is there a cedar lining in the tube?

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
This is a real tube so you can compare to what you have.

There should also be an additional secondary gold label that says “Churchill”,

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jeff, here is the cigar, and another pic of the case and liner.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post