SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying a perfect after dinner cigar tonight on the deck.

It is a La Gloria Cubano #2, accompanied by my new precision spinning top and a vintage Dunhill Rolagas higher that I bought for $50 and had restored for $40.00.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
Stopped by a local humidor and smoked a Kristoff Criollo Robusto. First Kristoff. Great medium to full bodied stick. Spicy, cedar, and earthy. Good smooth draws. I definitely have to put it in my normal rotation.

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post

Cheers gents!

Edit: to resize. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flash Ninja,

----

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
That would be a nice picture if it weren't for that mug Wink

Just kidding I'm a Charlie Strong fan.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:

Nice!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice!! How was the stick?

----

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Cigar courtesy of Ronin1069, the holster made by Scott of Big River Leather, SigP229, cutter was a gift from Jeff Yarchin several years ago. All tied together via SigForum

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Cigar courtesy of Ronin1069, the holster made by Scott of Big River Leather, SigP229, cutter was a gift from Jeff Yarchin several years ago. All tied together via SigForum

You guys all have such nice holsters! I don't have a single leather holster...

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!,

My wife made a wonderful dinner and then I had the good fortune of smoking one of these on my deck. I am going to have to go back to my e-mail from Jeff Y. to identify this this one.

However, I was really pleased with they way this one smoked. It has been stored at 69 degrees at 70%. I was afraid it was going to be overpowering, boy was I wrong. It appeared to be wrapped looser than the others I have smoked and the draw was probably the best of any cigar I have ever smoked. Now I know what the difference is and what to compare to. I am assuming this was hand rolled?

Thank you again Jeff, it was a real pleasure to smoke.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Nice Ash Steve!

Yes, that is a cuban custom rolled stick. They are awesome after a good nap or when very fresh.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
It was a real treat Jeff. Thank you again. I will continue to post reports as I smoke them.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Was that stick from coh? Their custom hand rolled?

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Was that stick from coh? Their custom hand rolled?

LCDH level 8 roller from the Partagas factory.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Any Macanudo fans should check out cigarpage.com today.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I am at home recovering from shoulder surgery. I had this Por Larrañaga petite Corona it paired well with opiates Wink

Chi Chi, get the yayo

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
The PLPC is one of my favorite sticks. I think they are a great value at $5.00 each, are good young, good with age (5 years) and develop a rich Carmel flavor over time.

For a quick, cheap smoke try the PL Montecarlo's or Panatela's.

Great with a cup of coffee.

Feel better soon!

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am at home recovering from shoulder surgery. I had this Por Larrañaga petite Corona it paired well with opiates Wink

Good luck on the recovery! Take it easy and follow your instructions. I'm at 6 weeks and some change off my on crutches with no weight bearing.. Only 3 weeks and some change left before I might get to start walking on it..

I've never heard of these before... I did some checking on the normal sites, and didn't see anything with a band like this. Where do you get them? Where do they fall on the strength scale?

Has anyone ever tried the JAS SUM KRAL? I was reading about them on a FB group and they sound interesting, but this group certainly has good taste and I trust the opinions..

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
The PLPC is one of my favorite sticks. I think they are a great value at $5.00 each, are good young, good with age (5 years) and develop a rich Carmel flavor over time.

I completely agree. I used to have a cabinet from 2 years ago, but I finished it last fall. I have a new cabinet in my storage, but I'm waiting until late this year to break in to them. You're right, they are one of the best bargains for an inexpensive smoke. My other go to PC is Bolivar, which are almost smokable straight fresh from the box. But I do like to get a little bit of age to them as well.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not heard of the Jas so I did not have one. They sound great though.

I am smoking a La Gloria Cubana Serie R maduro while demoing the garage. The old place is tentatively sold! I gotta get my ass in gear here to finish moving in!!

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post