SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Ronin, incoming! A Cuban missile will be headed your way tomorrow, Enjoy!

The BHK is from the first release. The two on the right are Cuban custom rolled Robusto's.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Eek

Ummm...after I finishing drooling over that pretty little thing on the left, I'll try to avert my eyes long enough to gander at the others. Especially curious about the two without bands!

Thank you, Jeff!

Now back to my staring at the mailbox...

Eek

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Eek

Ummm...after I finishing drooling over that pretty little thing on the left, I'll try to avert my eyes long enough to gander at the others. Especially curious about the two without bands!

Thank you, Jeff!

Eek

From the left: Cohiba BHK 56, Partigas E2, El Rey de Mundo Choix Supreme, Ramon Aloones Small Club Corona, San Cristobal de Cuba El Principe, and 2 customs.

Enjoy my friend.

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
quote:
Eek

Thank you, Jeff!

Eek

From the left: Cohiba BHK 56, Partigas E2, El Rey de Mundo Choix Supreme, Ramon Aloones Small Club Corona, San Cristobal de Cuba El Principe, and 2 customs.

Enjoy my friend.

Damn!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
I've still not smoked a cigar since mid December... Recovering from surgery has been going well, but slowly.. The surgeon won't allow me to put any weight on my right leg for another 7 weeks, so everything is incredible difficult. I'm hoping that I can get out to my parents this Friday, and my dad and I can smoke something.. I hope...

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Cigarpage.com started a scorcher sale today FYI. Just saw a box of Flor de las Antillas Gordo go for $108.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thought this was interesting in regards to the sour taste you can get towards the end of a cigar - I understand the cause, but never knew that the 'cut' can affect it - thought I'd share.

(From Cigar Aficionado magazine)
The buildup of tar, moisture and nicotine can heavily affect a cigar's flavor.

Tobacco is like a natural filter. With every puff you take, certain properties of the cigar are captured in the tobacco. As the moisture builds up, the intact flavors are heightened toward the end of the smoke.

The way you cut a cigar can increase or decrease the concentration of flavor towards the end. A narrow opening at the head of the cigar, caused by a punch or wedge cut, acts as a collecting point for the tar and moisture. A broad opening, cut, for example, by a scissors or guillotine, will decrease the flavor buildup.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LFD Factory press
Liga Feral Pig
LFD El Jacho
Padron Handmade (Only when I'm in the woods camping)

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:
I've still not smoked a cigar since mid December... Recovering from surgery has been going well, but slowly.. The surgeon won't allow me to put any weight on my right leg for another 7 weeks, so everything is incredible difficult. I'm hoping that I can get out to my parents this Friday, and my dad and I can smoke something.. I hope...

Why would leg surgery reduce your smoking ability, other than keeping you from getting to the humidor Big Grin

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the cut used in the cigar is the difference between a good experience and a bad one. Clip too little and tar oozes out in little bubbles. The tar is very bitter and can "ruin" a cigar. Cut a little more off and usually the tar will dissappear and the cigar will return to normal. Also, chisel tips and torpedos can have the same effect as an improperly cut robusto. I use a guillotine for the majority of my cigars followed by my punch. I rarely use a "v" cutter, but have one in case I need it.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
A Christmas cigar one of my favorites

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Gran Habano corojo #5 for my "it's windy and I need something cheap in case I have to toss it" smoke. It's worth the $2 I paid.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the new website, Leemur (cigarpage.com)...didn't have that one bookmarked. It is now!! Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
They post some killer deals occasionally. Shipping can be a little slow but it gets there.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Smoking a new Crux Du Connoisseur Lancero - I approve! This is the brand of cigar the guys who own my local B&M are continuing to develop.

Full Review

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by goatboyz:

Why would leg surgery reduce your smoking ability, other than keeping you from getting to the humidor Big Grin

Thats funny... To be honest, some of it is that I can't bend my leg well at all, so sitting for any period of time can be painful and difficult. I also wanted to give avoid tobacco for a bit to allow my body to heal as well as it can.. I'm hoping to get on that horse tomorrow!

-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Smoking a new Crux Du Connoisseur Lancero - I approve! This is the brand of cigar the guys who own my local B&M are continuing to develop.

Full Review

I'm glad to see a thinner gauge cigar being introduced. About 50 gauge is my limit unless it's a torpedo.

For me a Corona Gorda is the perfect size.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
I love the Lonsdale size. 42-43 X 6 - 6 1/2

Lanceros are another favorite, after about an inch to inch and half burn I really enjoy them. The smaller RG at 7" is a little awkward but at 6" they are awesome.

I personally think the ratio of wrapper and binder to filler with smaller RG allows for crisper flavors.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
CI daily deal is a ten pack of Nub Dub 460 for $39.99 shipped free.

Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Smoking my first Undercrown tonight

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post