SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Most fun gun to shoot
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Most fun gun to shoot Login/Join 
posted
Mine was 16 inch Vepr 7.62x54. What was your most fun gun?

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh  | Registered: October 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 18

Posts: 426 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Borrowed: Full auto MP5

Personal: M1 Carbine(s)

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shot a full auto HK MP5 the last time I was at the range and it was a ton of fun.

For guns I own I would say my MPX is one of my favorites to shoot.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
M79: Easy to shoot, very accurate, and impressive results.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
M60MG and M79/M203GL. Yup, I was military.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HK51 (shortened HK91) with a registered seer.

An opening into Hell...

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
The one in my hand Smile

I have always wanted to fire a minigun.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Full auto Thompson .45 that another guy at the range has and let me shoot, so long as I was paying to feed it. LOLOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My HK-51:
P26babymult6a
by David Casteel, on Flickr
(not me shooting right then--I was taking the photo--but I have enjoyed shooting it)

My dream is to shoot a short-barreled M2 .50BMG.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Suppressed CZ-452 American .22LR

Posts: 5138 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've shot many of the full auto civilian style at various events, from the Mac11? 380 up to tripod mounted M2, plus from tank turret circa 1963 when they were trying to recruit my high school class.

The uzi & M4 worked better for me, the drum Thompson that I thought I wanted turned out to be not so much. The most fun one was a WW1 Brit 303 with flat drum mounted on top of receiver. Very accurate for 300 yard target and slow clanky rate was quite pleasant.

Not really a full auto fan.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Mk19

Is that considered a gun?

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
16” 50 cal. But it is kind of spendy

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Many years back I got to fire a pair of 7.62 mini guns mounted on a UH-1 Mike model gun ship. I did three , one second bursts...absolutely THE MOST ammo I have ever shot in a single range session.

Real World stuff.... MP-5 .

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
The most fun one was a WW1 Brit 303 with flat drum mounted on top of receiver. Very accurate for 300 yard target and slow clanky rate was quite pleasant.

Sounds like a Lewis Gun, Britain's primary LMG during WW1, and which soldiered on through the early part of WW2 until fully replaced by the Bren Gun.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ASKSmith:
Mk19

Is that considered a gun?

I whole heartedly agree with you there. The mk2 is a close 2nd but you just can’t beat a full auto grenade launching machine gun that lobs grenades nearly the size of a coke can way off in the distance. I never even used the sights, I got good enough to Kentucky Windage the shit out of the targets and would usually be damn close on the 1st one or two shots

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
M3 Carl Gustav

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Since the most fun shooting I ever did was long range shooting of ice sickles off a cliff face with a Garand, a Garand.

Other than that, a Ruger MKII 22LR pistol

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
M60, slow enough rate of fire to single and double, mobile so you could move about with it, and the ammo was paid for by my Uncle, Sam.

I’ve fired a lot of full auto stuff and cannons.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post