SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rush Limbaugh- Lung Cancer Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
May God bless Rush Limbaugh. To be selfish, he is irreplaceable for me and our country.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Really sorry to hear that.

He'll be in my prayers for a successful recovery.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Was sorry to see and hear this. Been a fan for a long time. He's one of those unique individuals often imitated never equaled in their field. Of course seeing as I was born 10 days earlier than he, we tend to think alike on most things.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ibexsig
posted Hide Post
Casting his politics aside, Rush Limbaugh completely changed/saved AM radio forever by himself. If you talk to somebody in the radio industry they will tell you the same thing- his format of three hours of just conservative talk with no hardly no guests was never really done before.
A true pioneer and that is just terrible news.

Posts: 316 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: January 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Greatest Political Analyst of our times. A great person. I knew this day was coming but so sad.

Heres praying for him and modern medicine to prolong his quality of life. He's a real leader to me and my family.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Aw man, what terrible news! I just read this on FOX, too. Terrible timing, as well. I truly hope things go well for him! Get well Rush - we conservatives need you!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I was listening and my heart sank. I'll be praying for him and hopefully he'll be able to bounce back. He was vague in describing how far along he was.

I look forward to his three hours on radio every weekday.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching a “dittocam” replay of his announcement. His program first aired in Arizona on KTAR out of Phoenix in 1989; that’s when I began listening. God Bless him. I’m not much for praying, maybe God will pay a little bit more attention, if I do. Get well, Rush

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
May God bless Rush Limbaugh. To be selfish, he is irreplaceable for me and our country.

Couldn't agree more. Hannity, the second string, is not even close to Rush. Man, very sad to hear this. Fucking lung cancer hits very close to my family. Frown

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rush was a Godsend for conservatism. Just imagine the Clinton presidency without his influence and giving information to people who would never have had access to it otherwise. He single handedly took away the media's monopoly on political discourse. I hope and pray that he'll recover.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3533 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He’s in my prayers.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this. I learn so much listening to Rush. Praying for him & his family.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a near charter listener; one month after he went on the air nationally.

We all know that there is no one that is irreplaceable but Rush comes as close as anyone can come to this status.

The country owes him a debt of gratitude for what he has done over the last 30 plus years.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I knew there would be a day when Rush was no longer on the air but for repeat broadcasts. I dread that day. I’ve listened to him since 1989. That’s a huge part of my life. I’m praying for his recovery but can’t understand how those who handle the asset of Rush allowed this to get so far. God bless him.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't wish that on anyone. Best to him.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
A real bummer for me too, longtime listener. I hope he pulls through & continues.

He did say ‘advanced’, that doesn’t bode well.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I hope he recovers and continues the great fight.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Very sad and upsetting news indeed. He's a fighter, as his battle with his hearing loss proved, so I hope he can fight and win this battle as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this.

He'll get the best of care, and here's hoping it'll be effective.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post