SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gillette has gone full SJW retard with new marketing video **8/2 UPDATE- P&G takes $8 billion loss at Gillette division**
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gillette has gone full SJW retard with new marketing video **8/2 UPDATE- P&G takes $8 billion loss at Gillette division** Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
FWIW : The Costco disposable razors are GREAT. Says the blades are made in Germany. Actually impressive.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
I still plan to buy Gillette DE blades, but the ones I use come out of Russia for the Arabic market, I have a feeling that those segments of the company are NOT on board with any of this garbage.

They’re still marked Procter & Gamble (owns Gillette), and they’re still getting your money, albeit less of it. Check out Polsilver Iridium, Rapira Super Stainless, and Feather blades for near equivalents that perform as well or better, and don’t feed the SJW machine. Also, Personna is an Israeli brand I haven’t gotten to try yet, but it comes highly recommended.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Trans black teens are apparently their new target market.

Wow, that is genius marketing. Such a huge marketshare.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16696 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The market demographic of transsexual female-to-male first time shaving customers has to be pretty small.

& WTF, you sayin that this “dude” (who was previously a chick) never shaved before? Did he ever shave her armpits or legs, while she was a chick? Or now that she’s a dude, is that like an automatic do-over? Is it kinda like a Mulligan?

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
The market demographic of transsexual female-to-male first time shaving customers has to be pretty small.

& WTF, you sayin that this “dude” (who was previously a chick) never shaved before? Did he ever shave her armpits or legs, while she was a chick? Or now that she’s a dude, is that like an automatic do-over? Is it kinda like a Mulligan?

Not that I consider myself an expert in tranny shaving techniques...

I shave down for triathlons from time to time (or to just feel sexaayy). I shave my face daily. When I shave my legs, I hack the shit out of them. It looks like I stuck my leg into a piranha pond.

Just because you’re good at shaving one thing, doesn’t automatically translate for trannies.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, more to the point, I had the understanding that people of African descent had more issues with razor bumps, ingrown hairs and irritation than European descent, generally speaking. Women have thinner layers of skin than men do and hormone therapy doesn’t change that. Strikes me as tone-deaf that Gillette is marketing a five blade razor to what was a black woman to shave her sparse teenage-face whiskers. I’d love to see what her face looks like a few days after shaving with that razor and alcohol can foam, especially given the many youtube comments and forum posts I’ve read posted by black men who switched from that crap to safety razors and decent soaps and had the heavens part for them with such a reduction of problems.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I finally used up my Gillette disposables and headed off to Walgreens to see what they had. Pretty slim pickin's, went with a Schick Mach 3 and Barbosol shave cream. So far this combo has been fine, I have a light beard and only shave 2-3 times a week.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I finally used up my Gillette disposables and headed off to Walgreens to see what they had. Pretty slim pickin's, went with a Schick Mach 3 ...

"Mach 3" is Gillette's three-blade system.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I just ordered a refillable type razor from Barbasol.
We'll see how it does.

I already use their shaving cream.
I have never liked the Gillette gels.

After 20 years of Gillette Mach 3, change is going to be tough.

I'm in the exact same boat. I love Barbasol shaving cream so am naturally curious how their razors are, and I intend on trying them before any others. I still have not exhausted my supply of Gillette razors though so have not bought the barbasol razors yet. Hope you like them and will update if you do.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I still plan to buy Gillette DE blades, but the ones I use come out of Russia for the Arabic market, I have a feeling that those segments of the company are NOT on board with any of this garbage.

They’re still marked Procter & Gamble (owns Gillette), and they’re still getting your money, albeit less of it. Check out Polsilver Iridium, Rapira Super Stainless, and Feather blades for near equivalents that perform as well or better, and don’t feed the SJW machine. Also, Personna is an Israeli brand I haven’t gotten to try yet, but it comes highly recommended.

FYI...Polsilver Super Iridium are a product of the Gillette St. Petersburg plant.

Try the Dorco prime blades. Downside is they are made in Vietnam.

The Israeli Chyrstal are also good blades.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t really understand what Gillette is trying to accomplish as they go further down the road with this marketing campaign and theme.

At least earlier I could understand where they were going with the toxic, sexual violence theme, given their experience violating their customers with the prices they charge....

Edgy, maybe, talked about in the manner they expect/desire, I don’t think so.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I finally used up my Gillette disposables and headed off to Walgreens to see what they had. Pretty slim pickin's, went with a Schick Mach 3 ...

"Mach 3" is Gillette's three-blade system.

OOPS, it's a Schick "Hydro", I knew for sure it wasn't Gillette.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:

What is wrong with the blades made in Vietnam? Are they lower quality?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

They’re not trying to sell their blades to that group. They’re trying to demonstrate how “woke” they are and thereby sell their brand the so-called progressive women and men who actually shave in modern times.
(I have an acquaintance who characterizes herself as a “hairy-legged liberal” and then there are all the men who cultivate the Arafat or pre-Taliban look these days, so I admit to being confused by all this, but for somewhat different reasons.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Can’t you just hear the sales reps groaning in disbelief?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Virtue signaling for profit. Now that's cynical.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29699 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

FYI...Polsilver Super Iridium are a product of the Gillette St. Petersburg plant.

The Israeli Chyrstal are also good blades.

Thanks, I did some looking into it. I was under the impression that Procter and Gamble contracted for the Gillette blades from that plant, but it does seem that they actually rather own the plant. Oh well. Voskhod and Sputnik blades seem to get a lot of good reviews, and I haven’t gotten to try them yet. But again, after a bit of digging, it looks like Sputnik is owned by Gillette and while I can’t seem to find anything definitive about Voskhod, I suspect they are as well.

I guess I’ll be looking into the Israeli made stuff, they seem to get pretty universally positive reviews.

Oh, and in my digging, I also found out that P&G owns https://www.theartofshaving.com so that’s not a company to deal with for your wet shaving stuff if you’re trying to boycott.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

“[...] and then there are all the men who cultivate the Arafat or pre-Taliban look these days, so I admit to being confused by all this, but for somewhat different reasons.

I have a theory that the generations that grew up with the Gillette Mach 3 and later like myself started growing our beards for a variety of reasons, but the razor had a lot to do with it. I wasn’t really taught to shave correctly, and was more or less handed a can of shaving cream when I got a Mach 3 in the mail from Gillette at age 17 as a gift for registering for the draft. Cartridges were expensive, and I used them as long as I could, and not surprisingly, suffered a lot of irritation and ingrown hairs. Then the five blade razor, then the five blade razor that vibrated, etc. I could shave in the morning and have a 5:00 shadow by noon.

I just never really got a good shave and got tired of my face feeling like I had run it through a meat grinder. So I stopped shaving because it was expensive and painful. What I couldn’t get done with electric clippers didn’t get done. Combine that with my friends and peers coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan all growing beards after becoming beyond sick of having to shave with that stuff, and it became part of the culture. Like the men who came back from both world wars that were issued safety razors and continued to shave daily as they had done for years in combat with good equipment started a fashion trend, the trend towards an inferior razor design has led to a trend of men not shaving.

I really think we’re about to see the clean-shaven look come back around, or at least carefully groomed. The biker/operator look is growing long in the tooth, and while I can do it and have done it, now that I know how to get a shave anywhere from passable to amazing without chopping my face up, I prefer to look cleaned up. As we converts spread the word, others who had also previously written it off as a painful and unnecessary chore will come to enjoy shaving as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

They are excellent quality. Close to my favored Astra or 7 o'clock blades. Some of our older forum members may look askance on any product produced in Vietnam. I myself am not real happy about it. Previous Dorco blades I had used were made in S. Korea.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:

They are excellent quality. Close to my favored Astra or 7 o'clock blades. Some of our older forum members may look askance on any product produced in Vietnam. I myself am not real happy about it. Previous Dorco blades I had used were made in S. Korea.

I’ll check them out, then. I got both varieties of Astra in a sampler pack and a Gillette 7 o’clock yellow as well. The Astras are a P&G brand.

Which one of these?
https://www.westcoastshaving.com/collections/dorco