SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    400 lb Bear in your Bedroom!! What would you do?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

400 lb Bear in your Bedroom!! What would you do? Login/Join 
Picture of EasyFire
posted
It is that time again. One of our neighbors has spotted a huge black bear with cubs at her house.

So what would you do if you woke up and found a big one in your bedroom?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Shit!

Posts: 5199 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Become a widower... Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A bear that was able to get into my 2nd floor bedroom which is about 18' off the ground would definitely concern me.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell Momma Bear very politely where the nearest Liberal is.

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poke the bear? Wink

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen any around here yet I think we still have about a month before they show up.
Believe it or not I almost let one in the front door of the house last fall. It was about 3am and I thought I was letting the dog in but it was about a 300lb black bear right outside the door. We scared the living shit out of each other! Eek

Our garage is right up against the woods. If I leave the door open during the day I always make sure I knock loud on the siding before I enter just to make sure no one wandered in while I was in the house or out mowing the yard.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
16 rounds of .40, JHP!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
My father always told me to throw shit at the bear cause there is going to be a lot of it.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Completely evacuate entire bladder and bowels.

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
....(flashbacks many decades ago) [Big John the Biker silhouette larger than the front door looking for his woman.....]....

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
At my age any strange female that would come voluntarily to my bed room in the middle of the night, would be a pleasant surprise.
I would be slightly disappointed that she brought her children.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
. . . offer the bed and get out.

It worked with the baby bear.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'd let 'em have the bedroom, that's what... at least temporarily.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Faint.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Probably do what my brother did years ago. He jumped out the window and ran.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ragnar
posted Hide Post
Ever screwed a bear? Just keep going till the bear gets tired!

Live every day as if it is your last, for one day you’re sure to be right

Posts: 752 | Location: Historic Southpark, Dayton Ohio | Registered: October 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Minnesota is about to pass "Stan Your Ground Laws", so I guess I would just start shooting.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
Minnesota is about to pass "Stan Your Ground Laws", so I guess I would just start shooting.

LOL

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
"400 lb Bear in your Bedroom!! What would you do?"

Ohhhh..... Ursus americanus.

I thought you meant a big hairy gay guy.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post