SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 136

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burntorange98:
20 rd mags may now be shipping, my credit card was just hit for the mag I've had on backorder since May.


Burnt - when you receive your 20 round MPX mags would you mind posting the overall length, please?

I'm also interested in knowing the OAL of the 10 round magazines if anyone has that info.

Thank you.
 
Posts: 1406 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
when you receive your 20 round MPX mags would you mind posting the overall length, please?

I'm also interested in knowing the OAL of the 10 round magazines if anyone has that info.

Thank you.


IIRC the 10 and 20's are the same size, the 10's are internally fixed 20's that will only hold 10 rounds so they should be the same dimensions.



"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill
 
Posts: 12945 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by Dano36:
I am about done with Sig as a Company. I have sold off my 229, 226, 220 stainless, 220 elite and Mk25. That leaves me with a 522, 220 Scorpion, 232 and an unfired MPX Gen 1. I ordered a stock early June and each month I call and get the 3 to 5 week story. I really don't think Sig has been listening to their customers for quite some time now. I am going to wait until the end of the year and if no stock arrives, the rest are gone. Life is too short to deal with this type of customer service. IMO there are too many good brands out there these days to deal with the drama!



I ran into similar issues being an early adopter of the P250, and now P320 platforms. Like them the MPX has been sold not only on it's platform but it's modularity, and Sig has been slow to deliver the "modularity parts".

I think it took over a year with my P250 to find different kits, frame sizes etc. The P320 has much of the same problems, I've been looking for a Carry frame for quite a while, no joy.

It just seems that the company is over promising and under delivering with the back side of the sales promo's, makes it tough on early adopters, but as early adopters we should expect this, because it's pretty much the norm with any company that introduces a new product.

Hard to know how well it's going to be received and how much demand is going to be there for support products like stocks, magazines, and conversions. Whats a company to do, stock up a million magazines and find out nobody is going to buy the gun, just to be left over with a massive expense, loss and write off.

Chicken and egg, cart before horse, I think we'd rather have a strong balance sheet company that is there to offer support than one that just spends money like crazy without justification.

Perhaps the issue is that the product development team is knocking it out of the park with excellent ideas, engineering is putting it together well, marketing is knocking it out by getting in front of the product, we all are standing at the door slobbering to get our paws on the thing, and the back end has to play catch up to the sales created.

Really good problem to have, and a bad one.

Sometimes a hiccup like the mod 1 vs mod 2 mpx happens, there's not any real substitute for the product testing that occurs by end users. Shit happens, you move on, Sigs offer to sell a complete upper to any mod 1 people for the price of an exchange kit is a fair deal, because you'd have to buy the exchange kit anyway.

Caveat emptor, if you are an early adopter, expect to be part beta tester...

c'est la vie...

The problem people are having is that seems Sig is habitual at this, using early adopters as Guinean pig for their premature, over promising products. Be it p250, 556,556xi,or now the mpx.


NRA Life Member
VCDL Member
 
Posts: 392 | Registered: April 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget the Electro-Optics are a year behind schedule too.
 
Posts: 75 | Location: USA | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
new short MPX YouTube video on gas blow back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdIsGD86vvE

As I was watching the video I was thinking to myself he should try other types of ammo because I’ve noticed a difference between types. Suppressor specific vs regular 147gr loads seems to make a big difference, but not as much of a difference as the bore of the silencer, which he also doesn’t mention in the video or description.

I was also charged for my 20rd mag so I should be shipping soon. If I would’ve known how long it was going to take I would’ve bought more than one! Oh well, this still puts my total mag count up to 8 which is pretty decent.

In regards to the UDP-9, those do look pretty sweet but they are crazy expensive and I’ve still never seen one in a gun shop or for sale online (yes I searched for one!). Just don’t I could bring myself to pay that much when I already have a JRC carbine that takes Glock mags. One more thing to watch is the new ATI Mil-Sport 9mm pistol and carbine. Comes with a keymod rail, uses Glock mags, and being ATI you know it will be reasonably priced.
 
Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

The problem people are having is that seems Sig is habitual at this, using early adopters as Guinean pig for their premature, over promising products. Be it p250, 556,556xi,or now the mpx.



Yeah but we know that, and therefore pretty much understand that's the way it works,
Better than having no innovation or new products, it just the way it works at sig, would I prefer it be different, sure, but it's not



"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill
 
Posts: 12945 | Location: FL | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Received my ambi MPX charging handle from Sig today.


RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
Received my ambi MPX charging handle from Sig today.


I bought a Gen2 a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to find that the charging handle was not ambi. How much did Sig charge you?
 
Posts: 73 | Registered: March 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
when you receive your 20 round MPX mags would you mind posting the overall length, please?

I'm also interested in knowing the OAL of the 10 round magazines if anyone has that info.

Thank you.


IIRC the 10 and 20's are the same size, the 10's are internally fixed 20's that will only hold 10 rounds so they should be the same dimensions.

So "Same", but can you offer a measurement? I have 30 rd. Mags for comparison. Thx.
 
Posts: 1406 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sensei:
I bought a Gen2 a couple of weeks ago and was surprised to find that the charging handle was not ambi. How much did Sig charge you?
$42.60


RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Given the choice between a Gen 2 pistol with Sig Brace or a gen 2 16" rifle with collapsible stock, which would you pick? I should note the 16" being a couple hundred dollars less...



____________________________
While you may be able to get away with bottom shelf whiskey, stay the hell away from bottom shelf tequila. - FishOn
 
Posts: 7163 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Cabelas is currently listing MPX 30-rd mags on sale and In Stock for $55.99 plus free shipping (limited time). I just received notice that the three I ordered have shipped.
 
Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Given the choice between a Gen 2 pistol with Sig Brace or a gen 2 16" rifle with collapsible stock, which would you pick? I should note the 16" being a couple hundred dollars less...


I'm going to cheat and say the Gen 2 pistol with a collapsible stock. I have lots of rifles with 16" barrels, so that is why I purchased my Gen 1 and am waiting on my telescoping stock. So in your case I would get the pistol, SBR it, sell the brace and get a telescoping or folding stock.
 
Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
Cabelas is currently listing MPX 30-rd mags on sale and In Stock for $55.99 plus free shipping (limited time). I just received notice that the three I ordered have shipped.


Just paid $143.20 for 3 magazines from Sig
 
Posts: 179 | Location: Fort Lauderdale | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bhead:
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
Cabelas is currently listing MPX 30-rd mags on sale and In Stock for $55.99 plus free shipping (limited time). I just received notice that the three I ordered have shipped.


Just paid $143.20 for 3 magazines from Sig


I did too - 3 for $139 w/mag pouch - Sig actually let me order a total of 6 with my coupon - still do not have them. Cabela's is arriving Monday.
 
Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
I did too - 3 for $139 w/mag pouch - Sig actually let me order a total of 6 with my coupon - still do not have them. Cabela's is arriving Monday.


Did you guys get these coupons with your MPX purchases? When I bought mine there was no coupon inside.[/QUOTE]

Yes, back in September. When I called, the customer rep told me I could order 2 sets of the 3 mags w/ pouch for $139 each - so I did. The coupon also included 20% off other MPX accessories thru 12/31/15. I also ordered the Deployment Bag for 20% off, but have not seen that either.
 
Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Given the choice between a Gen 2 pistol with Sig Brace or a gen 2 16" rifle with collapsible stock, which would you pick? I should note the 16" being a couple hundred dollars less...


I'm going to cheat and say the Gen 2 pistol with a collapsible stock. I have lots of rifles with 16" barrels, so that is why I purchased my Gen 1 and am waiting on my telescoping stock. So in your case I would get the pistol, SBR it, sell the brace and get a telescoping or folding stock.


Either way, it'll eventually end up as an SBR. Just depends if i wait for a stock and form 1 or short barrel upper and form 1. Also, the gen 2 pistols are impossible to find here and theres a 16" at the LGC for $1450.



____________________________
While you may be able to get away with bottom shelf whiskey, stay the hell away from bottom shelf tequila. - FishOn
 
Posts: 7163 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Given the choice between a Gen 2 pistol with Sig Brace or a gen 2 16" rifle with collapsible stock, which would you pick? I should note the 16" being a couple hundred dollars less...


I'm going to cheat and say the Gen 2 pistol with a collapsible stock. I have lots of rifles with 16" barrels, so that is why I purchased my Gen 1 and am waiting on my telescoping stock. So in your case I would get the pistol, SBR it, sell the brace and get a telescoping or folding stock.


Either way, it'll eventually end up as an SBR. Just depends if i wait for a stock and form 1 or short barrel upper and form 1. Also, the gen 2 pistols are impossible to find here and theres a 16" at the LGC for $1450.


If you're going to SBR it anyway then I would get the 16" version since it comes with a folding/telescoping stock already and then you just need to file your form 1 and wait for a shorter barrel option. It would be nice down the road for you to have 4.5", 8", and 16" barrel.
 
Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If you're going to SBR it anyway then I would get the 16" version since it comes with a folding/telescoping stock already and then you just need to file your form 1 and wait for a shorter barrel option. It would be nice down the road for you to have 4.5", 8", and 16" barrel.[/QUOTE]
--------------
If its going to be SBR'd, I really see no advantage in owning a 16" barrel. With a 9mm round, you're really not gaining anything accuracy or power-wise with a barrel of that length.[/QUOTE]
-------------------
Agreed, but if his two options are either a 16" barrel or a wrist brace, then which is less useful? In my opinion it would be the wrist brace so you might as well go with the 16" barrel.
 
Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
quote:
Originally posted by bhead:
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
Cabelas is currently listing MPX 30-rd mags on sale and In Stock for $55.99 plus free shipping (limited time). I just received notice that the three I ordered have shipped.


Just paid $143.20 for 3 magazines from Sig


I did too - 3 for $139 w/mag pouch - Sig actually let me order a total of 6 with my coupon - still do not have them. Cabela's is arriving Monday.


Did you guys get these coupons with your MPX purchases? When I bought mine there was no coupon inside.


The coupon states to mention coupon code MPX02* and have your part number (from box) and dealer receipt available when calling to order, but now that I think of it, the rep did not ask for any information. I would just call (603) 418-8102 and say you want to order the 3 mags with pouch for $139 - there is nothing on the coupon that assigns it to any particular purchaser. The offer ends 12/31/15.
 
Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 136 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)

© SIGforum 2019