SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JALLEN has passed away
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 30
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JALLEN has passed away Login/Join 
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
Sad news, indeed. I always enjoyed reading his posts.

RIP, sir.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truly a life well lived.

I learned a lot from Jim. He'll be missed by many many people.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sad news. Never met him, but wished I had. His contribution will be greatly missed.

Prayers for his wife, family and loved ones.

Rest in peace.

Posts: 367 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
We know this was coming, but I didn't think it would be so soon. I'll miss him.

I never new exactly how old he was, but when certain people pass a certain age, and have live a particularly exemplary life, it more appropriate to celebrate their life than to morn their passing. Jim falls into this category.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Godspeed sir.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
I'm really going to miss his presence here.

My condolences to his wife and the rest of his family.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
RIP sir

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sad morning. Frown

I only knew him through his posts, but I’m gonna miss him.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Really sad to hear. Rest in peace.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody know how Martine is holding up, and if there's anything we can do for her?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I hate that.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, Jim.

You were a source of wit and wisdom to us all, and we are all smarter as a result of your constant search and sharing of knowledge.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Truly a loss for all...

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I never had the privilege of meeting or talking with JALLEN but, from reading his forum posts over these many years now, I'm certain he would have been an interesting man to meet and become friends with. I know that I am more informed, in part, because of his contributions on the forum.

Jim, I hope you slipped the lines quietly and peacefully. Thank you for your service and for your wisdom.

My thoughts and prayers for his wife, family, and friends. Thanks for sharing him with us.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this. Never met him in person but by reading his posts and opinions it is like losing an old friend!

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
RIP sir.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Farewell friend. You will be sorely missed. God Bless his Family and friends. Thank you Jim.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
We knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any easier. He imparted a great deal of wisdom and was sometimes a calming or moderating influence.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I will genuinely miss him. So sad to hear he has passed. Rest in peace sir, you are now with your creator.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Sad news. Rest in peace Sir.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post