Find
Notify
Tools

iOS 11 Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I seem to like IOS 11, my battery lasts the same as before on my 7 Plus.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerkyjer:
My phone is much slower, issues with mail, calendar and messaging. Should have waited a couple weeks

Update: my 6 is still doing weird things as well as slow. When I move the ph from port to landscape I get a black square that takes up a third of the screen. Even with the update it still does it. Life is also slower with emails, Safari and voicemail lagging.

I guess Cook is telling me to get a new ph?

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well the update bricked my I phone6. The hours trying to get it fixed were many and frustrating. Fortunately it was backed up. Out over 200 hundred dollars and change. The worst part is how dependent I have become on technology and the attendant anxiety when it does not work.

It was stuck in recovery mode and could not even be restored to factory settings. Spending hours on the phone on a Saturday, following complex instructions was not fun.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I have an iPhone 6 and updated to iOS11 and have several important paid for apps that no longer work until they are fixed. All simple apps work fine. I wish I had not updated so quickly.

You can roll back to 10 if you like.

downgrade to iOS 10

Well I have learned a valuable lesson. I will always do a full backup to my computer for now on before ever upgrading the the next iOS. I did a backup right before I downgraded back to 10.3.3 and then followed all of the instructions. I now had a clean iPad with iOS 10.3.3 and then went to restore a backup. I had no backups for 10.3.3 and you can only restore from a backup from the iOS you are restoring to. My devices backup to the cloud automatically everyday but I guess they only keep the last few as they were all iOS 11. So then it wanted to upgrade to the latest iOS 11 but I couldn’t do that because I still wouldn’t be able to restore. I had to find iOS 11 and restore to it and then restore the full backup I did to my computer before I rolled back. Now I am waiting for everything to download again and I am back to square one with some expensive apps that don’t work now. Ugh!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
It is almost comical how fast my battery drains now that I have upgraded my iPhone 6s to iOS 11.

I have a 6S as well and even with everything closed in the background the battery is draining like I have the phone open with a GPS app running.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
My phone is much slower, issues with mail, calendar and messaging. Should have waited a couple weeks

Update: my 6 is still doing weird things as well as slow. When I move the ph from port to landscape I get a black square that takes up a third of the screen. Even with the update it still does it. Life is also slower with emails, Safari and voicemail lagging.

I guess Cook is telling me to get a new ph?

My 6 is slower and also now gets randomly warm. The google voice application now crashes frequently when you're entering a text message. It's annoying. Apple has lost their reputation where 'it just works'.

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have to say I’m starting to regret upgrading my iPhone 6 to iOS 11. It seemed to be good at first but now my phone is noticeably slower than before and battery life is terrible. My son was using it this morning for maybe 10 minutes watching some YouTube Kids thing and the phone went from 100% charged to 75% charge in that time. This is ridiculous! Mad

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Any idea how long it would take for the upgrade on a iPad?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Took me about 15min on an iPad Pro

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:
quote:

Took me about 15min on an iPad Pro

Roughly 20 minutes for me, on same device (a Pro).

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It bricked my I phone 6, I would wait awhile.

I did do the upgrade on my NEW IPAD Pro since it was only a week old and I could return if needed. I took about 20 minutes with no issues.

I also did the IOS 11.01 update on my brand new I phone 8 with no problems.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My iPhone 6 seems a lot better after doing the following:

1. Did Network reset
2. Did hard reset twice in a row
3. Turned background app refresh OFF altogether

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
My wife did the upgrade just now, 15-20 minutes, seems to work just fine. iPad Pro 12.9

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
ARGH!!!!

What the hell am I doing wrong?

I am trying to use Siri to add up a string of deposits, no matter how I say it, she gets the answer incorrect. (when I use decimals)

For example, if I say "five plus ten plus twenty plus three" it will reply with "38" which is correct.

But if I try to add a decimal into the bit, forget about it. for example:

If I say: "6 point 78 plus 10 plus 8 point 67" it multiplies everything and does not come up with 25.45. Which is the correct answer.

I'm sure I'm supposed to say something different than "point" for the decimal. HELP?!?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

I'm sure I'm supposed to say something different than "point" for the decimal. HELP?!?

Dot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
iPhone 6S (64gb)

Noticeable battery drain, HUGE lag between apps, live-photos turns itself on every time, WiFi magically gets re-enabled when I need it off, switching between dictation and keyboard in applications takes 5-10 seconds.

It's getting to the point where I'm not sure I can stay with the platform, and that hurts almost as badly as the update is killing my productivity.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9158 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Emboldened by my wife's success earlier today, I did the upgrade after lunch.

I can't say I like it much. None of the changes increase the usefulness in any meaningful way, that I can see. I guess I will eventually get used to it, like I have the previous ones.

Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Did the iOS upgrade last night on my 7 Plus after checking to make sure I didn't have any 32 bit apps, which I surprisingly didn't. Don't see any performance degradation. Some things look a bit different, and it re-set my brightness level to a lower level, which I reset back where I had it previously. Hopefully battery life will be unchanged. I haven't looked at the new File manager but it put an icon there for it.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
iPhone 6S (64gb)

Noticeable battery drain, HUGE lag between apps, live-photos turns itself on every time, WiFi magically gets re-enabled when I need it off, switching between dictation and keyboard in applications takes 5-10 seconds.

It's getting to the point where I'm not sure I can stay with the platform, and that hurts almost as badly as the update is killing my productivity.

If you're using the Control Panel (swipe up from the bottom of the screen) to turn off WiFi, it doesn't actually turn off WiFi completely. From what I've read, it just disconnects you from the current WiFi connection. If you want it completely off, you must do so from the settings app.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
iOS 11.0.2 has been released...good luck Razz

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post