Find
Notify
Tools

iOS 11 Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I'm definitely going to wait to see how this shakes out before taking the plunge. Like I said: I already find the 6S' run-time less-than-stellar.

This is my strategy as well. My 6s has good run time, but it is a plus. I don't want to screw up my SE though. I usually wait until x.1.x at least.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just updated my 7 Plus. To be honest, I don't use my phone much anymore so the new functionality will be lost on me. The one good thing about it is the ability to customize the control center. Now I can go straight into the Alarm setting instead of going to Timer first.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18024 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So for so good on my 6s.

Noticed that Siri has a new voice.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I just updated last night.

So far so good. As usual my phone does much more than I use it for.

battery life seems shorter so I went to settings and turned off all the push stuff and notifications that got turned on and were running in the back round.

This should help w the battery life.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3486 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Woo hoo! Added a screen record feature, something I have wanted for a while.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10944 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Are these new photo and video formats common and as good quality?
Will they play nicely with my PC and photoshop?? Most of my memory is taken by photos and videos so it will be nice to take up less space.

From what I've read the quality is much better than JEPG but a smaller size. This is not an Apple owned technology. If you move a file from your iOS device to a PC or other such device, it is converted to JEPG. I don't know if that happens if if you move it from one iOS device to another though. There's a lot of info on the web, just google HEIF file format. It is speculated this will eventually replace JEPGs everywhere.

Will it convert those already on the phone?

No. If it's been captured in JEPG it will stay that way until such time as someone offers up an app to do such conversions to legacy files. Additionally, if you are concerned about the HEIF format, you can turn this feature off in the settings. Settings>camera>formats> and select Most Compatible instead of Height Efficiency.

Not concerned just curious. If it has better quality or even equal quality taking up less space I am good with that just was curious how it would play with my PC which sound like they will play just fine.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25428 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not all is well here, unfortunately. iPhone SE on AT&T. Visual voicemail is no longer working. When I go to the voicemail tab, there is a button that says “call voicemail”. It seems that a bunch of people are having this problem and there is not a one-size-fits-all fix yet. Numerous restarts and so far no solution. Don’t know if this is Apple’s domain or AT&T?

Posts: 324 | Location: Columbus OH | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I just updated my SE last night. So far so good. I just looked at my visual voicemail and it's working normally. iPhone SE with Verizon.

I second the distain for the large font announcing what app I am in though. I was the one that tapped messages, I know I am in messages, I don't need a large MESSAGES header at the top of the screen....

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
6s w/ATT, visual voicemail is working for me.

quote:
Originally posted by Bombarde32:
Not all is well here, unfortunately. iPhone SE on AT&T. Visual voicemail is no longer working. When I go to the voicemail tab, there is a button that says “call voicemail”. It seems that a bunch of people are having this problem and there is not a one-size-fits-all fix yet. Numerous restarts and so far no solution. Don’t know if this is Apple’s domain or AT&T?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoothest upgrade yet. I love it.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bombarde32:

Mine (5s) did exactly that as well, but it fixed itself after ~24 hours. Well, I did turn off wifi overnight as some suggested, and OK'd the carrier update when asked. I think ATT servers were overwhelmed at the millions of people upgrading...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I updated my iPhone to IOS 10.3.3 last night. Probably the last IOS 10 version. I'll stick with that until IOS 11.2 is available. By then, App-IOS 11 compatibility issues ought be resolved.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8970 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
6S. No issues so far including connectivity with enterprise Outlook.

Except the annoying notification that keeps popping up about disabling while driving. Pocket nanny.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12726 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The first day I used iOS 11 it seemed to be gobbling up my battery but a friend told me that it was indexing the phone the first day and it should get better which it seems it has.

Overall seems pretty quick even on a 2 year old iPhone 6 and I like the improved storage management.

Posts: 33819 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Keyboard question: In iOS 10, when the phone was held in landscape mode while using an app that invoked the keyboard (such as Mail, or Messages, there were some keyboard controls to the right of the alpha keyboard. Things like cursor left / right, punctuation marks, etc. This useful area seems to have disappeared with iOS 11. Is there a way to get it back?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30689 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I think 11 is actually faster on my 6S and the iPad features are really cool. So far I am very happy.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm very happy with the new iOS. Still figuring out all the new changes. Battery life for my 7+ seems to be unchanged, but I do plug my phone in the car due to CarPlay so that does mitigate any extra battery drain I suppose...if it's there. Love the new looks of all the stock apps, and just figured out the one handed keyboard feature that's going to be pretty useful once I determine it's useful enough (as long as I can be accurate with typing due to the smaller keys). Apple did really good with this update.

Posts: 685 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
My 6S seems much faster when navigating apps. I am pretty impressed so far.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Mine has been great on the iPad Pro. iPhone 6plus now freezes randomly for up to a minute at a time since the update to 11.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Updated 5s & iPad Air 2 a couple of days ago & no problems so far.

Battery use is up slightly.

eta: battery use & correct spelling.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrbill345,

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post