SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, I spoke with JALLEN
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today, I spoke with JALLEN Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Here's something you might like from none other than Thomas Sowell:

"Too much of what is called 'education' is little more than an expensive isolation from reality."

Here and I always heard that much of education was the process of losing one's penmanship. Wink

Sowell's thoughts do often send one to thinking and I hope you find meaning in each of your days.

We are all on the Titanic with you. It's just that most of us are still having dinner and carrying on.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
JALLEN,

Hang in there...I will be praying for you!

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
My best to you Jim and many thanks for you thoughtful contributions over the years.

Sorry to hear about the band, but I hope your tuba found a good home.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I always enjoy reading your posts, I have the "Little Book Of Value Investing" that you recommend on my desk.

Your wisdom here has helped me be a better person.

Hang in there and best wishes.

Posts: 1294 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for this thread Para.

When I was a new member of this forum, you awarded me a cut in the course of the epic Kegger thread. But, as a newbie, I had no idea what a cut was, and was clueless as to where to go for an answer.

Because JALLEN was a frequent poster on a great number of topics, I decided to send him a personal e-mail with my question. JALLEN could have easily ignored my note, but he didn't. He took the time to reply and explain to me what a cut was.

I appreciated his consideration then and still do today. Para, I appreciate you providing me this opportunity to say thanks to JALLEN.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
Best wishes, Jim. You've taught me a hell of a lot more than I can even bring to the front of my mind right now, be it financially or just the literal every-day wisdom in your posts.

Hope you get better soon, sir.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of keltoi
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I always enjoy your logical thoughtful posts that are insightful and humorous. Your posts set the standard for how posts should be written. God Bless you and keep you.

Posts: 630 | Location:  | Registered: December 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
When I see your name I read your post. Prayers go out for you.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Get well Sir. I miss your posts. Thoughts and prayers being sent your way.

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well 'JALLEN'. Wishing you a return to good health, happiness and peace.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Jim:

IPF claimed my father in November of 2015 (I never posted it on the forum). He was on the transplant list at Mayo in Jacksonville, FL and was 68. He had about 4 years after diagnosis.

Ever since then I've often thought of you often. From a time a 02 standpoint you're ahead of the curve, so I wish you nothing but the best, and peace.

God Bless You,
Kyle

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I saw in a thread you had been missing last week, and just now found this.

Sir, I, along with many others, I am sure, are praying for your health, and happiness. If there is anything at all, please don't hesitate to let me know. I value your friendship and your sage advice here immensely.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Thank you for your continued membership here, your contributions and being part of the SIGforum family. Like all things in life, change is difficult and knowing you're sick and not feeling well is saddening to all of us.

I've always appreciated and valued what you've shared with us.

You live near where I was raised as well (Marble Falls/Granite Shoals Lake area). Fond memories and a great place.

You are in our prayers and thoughts. We wish the best for you and your family. If we can help in any manner, please ask.

[Thank you Mike for this thread.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SIGnified,

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Surfer
posted Hide Post
Jim, sorry to hear you're not feeling well, we all miss you.

Posts: 1639 | Location: South East Mo. | Registered: March 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I hope you feel better soon. The place is not the same without you.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, hope you're seeing these and feeling better, missing your insights.

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JALLEN,

I’ve been a lurker for 6+ years. This site is simply the best place to land on the web to learn about guns, politics, history, art and anything of real importance. AND your posts are some of the most thoughtful and interesting of all. I’ve never had anything of importance to say and thus have been silent – you guys do a great job of rounding out the dark corners of most everything – but I couldn’t pass up a chance to thank you personally for all the wisdom, knowledge and humor you have passed along.

Many thanks from Bagdad, KY USA!

drendean

Posts: 48 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
Jim
May your health and strength be renewed... Lifting you up in prayer brother.
Your wisdom throughout the years has always been appreciated.

From the Sacramento area... hoping the best for you!

Christian

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your perspective on things has meant a lot to me. The way you write is a pleasure and I have learned many things by reading your post.

Having had an office in San Diego and spending much time in the country around Canyon Lake in my military days I feel we have traveled some of the same roads. Good luck to you my friend.

Dale

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim,

May God bless you and comfort you. I have always enjoyed reading your posts. I hope you get your second wind real soon!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. ~Brian O’ Driscoll

Posts: 1453 | Location: Back to the Island in MS | Registered: May 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post