SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I sell cars. Ask me anything.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I sell cars. Ask me anything. Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I have this rash fromunda, would you mind taking a look?

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Can I pay with a two-party, out-of-state check?

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
What do you think of the Chevy Bolt? Been thinking about getting one as a run-around town vehicle/getting tired of stopping at gas stations all the time. (Big supercharged motor, small tank.)

Posts: 5736 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Are the hot Camaros and Vettes thoroughly "Road Tested!" ?

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
What do you think of the Chevy Bolt? Been thinking about getting one as a run-around town vehicle/getting tired of stopping at gas stations all the time. (Big supercharged motor, small tank.)

Bolts are like unicorns where I'm at. Not a lot of interest in them. They are suprisingly peppy though. Buyers need to confirm their own tax savings if any as well as any electrical upgrades needed at your house/garage for the faster charger. For the price, I'd go with a gasoline powered vehicle and get something larger with more features.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Are the hot Camaros and Vettes thoroughly "Road Tested!" ?

Negative. Nobody test drives the vettes where I'm at until we have agreed upon numbers and have seen credit. Camaro test drives are ok, just not the ZL1 or the ZLE 1LE. Some people are bummed about it but I've never had an actual buyer of those vehicles ask me for a test drive or be disappointed in it not being done. They appreciate and prefer getting them with low miles and not beaten on. We always ask those customer if they want the plate brackets installed and if they want the vehicle washed before delivery as well. We dont have premium at the dealership and truth be told, I don't like taking them to the gas station to fill them up. Makes me nervous driving an expensive superfast car that isn't mine.

Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
What age/mileage would you say is the best balance between not taking a bath on even more depreciation, but not being so old and worn out that you are buying a pile of repairs waiting to happen.

Also, how do I politely tell a sales person that I don't want them to ride with me on a test drive? I feel like all my previous attempts made me sound like I secretly wanted to go do burnouts in a parking lot just down the road . Really, I just cant stand listening to the constant sales pitch.

- Bret

Posts: 2465 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Really, I just cant stand listening to the constant sales pitch.

Tell them that, and that if they don't shut up and ride in silence you're ending the drive and buying elsewhere. And mean it.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What's the best phone charging cord for chongo?

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:
What age/mileage would you say is the best balance between not taking a bath on even more depreciation, but not being so old and worn out that you are buying a pile of repairs waiting to happen.

Also, how do I politely tell a sales person that I don't want them to ride with me on a test drive? I feel like all my previous attempts made me sound like I secretly wanted to go do burnouts in a parking lot just down the road . Really, I just cant stand listening to the constant sales pitch.

- Bret

Honestly, I don't know. Thats only something that you can answer. Different vehicles hold their value differently along with having varying reliability. I have to go on every test drive. I drive first and show features and talk about benefits of the purchase, etc. We stop, look at the vehicle and trunk/engine. Your turn to drive and I don't speak unless spoken to.

posted Hide Post
Have you ever seen the move starring Jeremy Piven: The Goods - Live Hard Sell Hard ?

If yes - is that a realistic portrayal of the life?

-------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
What's the best phone charging cord for chongo?

Chongo needs to do what I did and stop looking for the best/longest lasting one and just buy two from Amazon and not worry about making one last. They are like $7.

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
What is the unladen airspeed of a Swallow?

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
What is the unladen airspeed of a Swallow?

African or European?

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new gig. While I'm not the ideal car buyer (I have never made a car payment) I do have to say your humor is golden!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
I’ll take you up on your offer, EmpireState.

A car comes back to the dealer after a 3 or 4 year lease. It goes on the lot as a late model used car. Percentage, how much room is in that dealers asking price?

Sorry didnt see this. Answer....it all depends. There's no formula that I'm aware of. We don't do a ton of leases either.

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
will your dealership accept cash? Credit card? for the full payment?

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
will your dealership accept cash? Credit card? for the full payment?

Cash/check....yes. Credit card....no. There is a max we can do. Theres also a rule and credit card down payments if your credit isn't decent.

Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Tahoe Custom Editions: are these moving or are they lot anchors? I have a strong interest in one as I don't need the 3rd row and they seem to be a pretty good value, but I wonder if just buying a higher trimmed used Tahoe would be better off.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
Tahoe Custom Editions: are these moving or are they lot anchors? I have a strong interest in one as I don't need the 3rd row and they seem to be a pretty good value, but I wonder if just buying a higher trimmed used Tahoe would be better off.

They move decent, use them for service loaners as well. Some people need a third row, some dont. They are the most basic Tahoe you can buy. For that money though, I'd get a half-loaded Traverse with leather and a bumpin sound system.