SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is Your Daily Watch?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is Your Daily Watch? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Until about 2013 I didn't wear a watch there were clocks everywhere, then in 2005 when my dad passed away and I got several pocket watches that had gotten passed down and then in 2012 my mom passed and I got both of their dress watches ... Mom's is an elaborate white gold and diamond Bouliva that had papers appraising it last in 1978 for just over $8,000 ... Dads is an Accutron with an 18k gold case, black face and 11 diamonds, the Accutron tuning fork indicates "12"

Mine are a bit simpler

My EDC was the Victronox for a couple years until the battery died ... I took it to Walmart. They got the battery changed but in less than an hour I noticed something wasn't right with the hands, then the minute hand would spin whichever way it was tipped ... Took it back and they said to get it fixed and they would reimburse me but when I brought back the receipt form a jeweler that tried jerking me around and over charging me, Walmart refused reimbursement. Then within a week they came loose again ... Took it to another jeweler that actually did watch repair, he only charged me $25 but within a week the hands came off again ... It sat for a few months which is when I picked up the Timex.

Finally I looked on you-tube and found several videos on how to repair it ... I got on Amazon and ordered a tool to remove the back and fixed it myself ... The most surprising thing was when I got the back off, the movement is a "Ronda" ... Which is my wife's name!

Anyway, I now switch back and forth depending on my shoes ... Brown shoes, brown watchband, black shoes, black watchband.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Marathon JSAR, CSAR, or GSAR.
They perform better than my Rolexes, Breitlings, or Omegas. However, most comfortable watch, by far, is the SeaDweller.

Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I alternate between my Fortis B-42 Cosmonaut, Alpina Seastrong, and Tag Heuer Carrera.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I love my tag carerra, but man I want a rolex sub bad. Someday.....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
RESCO Gen1 Patriot. Ya another onehttps://www.flickr.com/photos/140542760@N08/shares/886q2L

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take two

Technology hates me

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I think your host isn't sharing your pic's ... I tried it using your url and except for a split second, it didn't work for me either

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
I'll give you a good deal on mine. Wink

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Clem Eastwood:
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
I alternate mostly between these. I also have a nice Casio that I'll take if going outta the country to somewhere I don't feel so safe.

Do you find that you use either the easy link or glidelock adjustement more frequently?
I travel a lot and use the glidelock adj frequently. I tend to swell up a bit when in the lower elevations it seems. I love them both. I have the exact same bracelet on both watches.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:

Save up, it's worth the upgrade in my opinion. I sold my TAG Twin Time for almost exactly what I had in it on Craigslist, then upgraded.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
After years of only Luminox watches, each that stopped keeping time correctly, I bought a Casio Protrek PRG550-1A1CR Titanium.
Solar and atomic, never needs setting.
I wear it every day.

I then bought a more causal Casio Wave Ceptor WVA-M630B-1AJF and a dressier (for me) Casio Wave CeptorWVA-M640D-1ACR.
All solar, all atomic, never need setting or batteries.
All 3 sync at the same time every night.

I have a kentic Seiko sitting a drawer I need to get rid off.
It has been sitting so long it needs a new cell.
But I don't know if it even worth the cost of replacing the cell and then selling the watch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1lowlife,

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 19-teens vintage Illinois pocket watch.

I've probably been carrying it for 20 years or so.

Posts: 921 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Right now it’s this old Seiko 6309 automatic that’s been modded with an orange dial. I’ll have a factory Seiko like it soon. (Just ordered a SKX011J1 Big Grin)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Lately it's this guy. It's a modest 36mm Smiths PRS 29 AM. Modest in price too, and it runs on a hand-wound ETA 2801-2 which has some fairly good anti-magnetic properties so I can wear it worry free around some of the medical equipment at work.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I don't have a daily. I wear a different one every day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
Apple Watch Series 4.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Japanese market Seiko Dolce HAQ (high accuracy quartz). It is listed as accurate to +/- 10 seconds/year. I've owned it two years without resetting it, and so far it has gained exactly 1/2 second.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
This weekend I put on my Breightling Avenger II Seawolf with the yellow dial.
Before the Breightling I was wearing my Omega SMP Moon watch I just put a new Hirsch leather strap on.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post