SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What Is Your Daily Watch?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Is Your Daily Watch? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The idea of only wearing one watch every day is not something I do anymore.

I wore these three quite a bit early on this summer but have not really worn them much lately. (Except for the Phantom Green Steinie on the occasional pool day)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dan03833
posted Hide Post
Seiko Astron

Posts: 1538 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
My daily wear is a Seiko Diver skx009 (day/date, red/blue bezel).

I have a few other watches I'll sub out for weekend wear.

One quirk of mine is that any watch I wear MUST have day/date on the face. Ever since my military time (extended post and subsequent crash/recovery made it a must).
It really limits my selection some, but when I would try a watch without day/date I wouldn't feel right with it.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gibb:

One quirk of mine is that any watch I wear MUST have day/date on the face. Ever since my military time (extended post and subsequent crash/recovery made it a must).
It really limits my selection some, but when I would try a watch without day/date I wouldn't feel right with it.

Landing squarely in 'First World Problems'...I'm kind of the opposite. Most of my analog watches...and I have a few...the date is off by a couple days. I normally only update them once in a while...if I need the day/date, I normally look at the phone.

Part of the reason why the auto I'm acquiring has no day/date...as it'll be in 'the rotation' and I don't have a watch winder/grinder...really not much interest in constantly fiddling the day/date.

Also why I have a good selection of digital watches, including my main 'work' Casio. Set it and other than Daylight Savings Time...done.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I got an Apple Watch a few years back (on my second one now), and it’s their only watch I wear now.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6405 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Since April, I have been running a Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600 Bronze. Usually running within -2 seconds per day.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2387 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Casio F-105 it works...VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
have several, Luminox, Rolex, and an iWatch, wear it most of the time, it's simple and ties to the phone. Need to upgrade it though to the new cellular with gps 5....

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I just went to my local town chain dealership jewellers to get a couple of spring bars for my 1970 Breitling Navitimer - cost, fitted, was just over five bucks.

Y'see, last week we were in the local big city and I took it into the Breitling dealership where

a. I got ignored for about five minutes while the staff discussed the previous night's BBC news.

b. After looking at my old Breitling as though it was covered with dog dirt - 'this is a very old watch, I'm not sure that anything can be done with it', we'll have to send it back to Breitling for a quote' I pointed out that the nearby Peterborough Cathedral was 'very old' but a fifty-year old Breitling is not. With a roll of the eyes, the young lady opened her Breitling notes [not for publication] and range of repairs tariffs, and advised me that sending it off was at my own risk, in the event of it being a fake, as Breitling would destroy it yadda-yadda, and it would probably cost in the region of $475 including fitting of the new strap. That did not include the buckle, of course, but that looked alright [grudgingly admitted]. I reminded them that all I wanted was a couple of spring bars, not a new strap [without buckle] - she told me that when they sent a watch back to Breitling for new bars, that is what happened. I noted that it takes anybody with a few operating fingers about two minutes to replace the spring bars, but got a blank look.

I took my genuine 'not a fake' Navitimer 806 back and walked away, vowing never to darken their doors again for any reason.

Posts: 11324 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daily beater: solar powered, atomic accuracy

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a beauty Green Highlander! Bronze watches are VERY cool. I love how a bronze & a brass case will slowly age along with you and form a unique patina.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Any Mido fans in the group? This isn’t a super well known brand and they kinda fly under the radar but I love them. I’m not really that into dressy watches typically but for some reason this Mido Multifort caught my attention and managed to keep it. The more I read about it originally the more I liked it. A screw down crown with 100m (330 ft) of water resistance isn’t something you see advertised on The display case backs of many dressy watches. This one has “screw down crown” and “100m / 330ft WR” proudly engraved on the back. Big Grin

The movement was also a reason this watch caught my fancy. This ETA Powermatic80 silicon is based off the workhorse ETA 2824-2 but with some very nice enhancements such as an 80hr power reserve and mind blowing accuracy right out of the box. COSC certified and easily found for sub $1000 new makes it a hell of a heavy hitter in my book.

Do we have any fellow Mido watch fans here? The Multifort is a model with a long production history. In its current form with the blue dial and those Geneva stripes that match the rotor it’s quite a good looking watch. Being under the same corporate umbrella (Swatch Group) as the likes of Omega, Longines, Tissot, and Hamilton put it in some VERY good (and quite competitive) company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

That is a thing of beauty. I wish my automatic had that glass (or is it synthetic sapphire) back so I could admire the guts. I've never seen the insides of my own watch. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gigandet Red Baron Fleiger

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hound Dog. As far as decorated Swiss movements go they get waaaaaaay nicer than my Mido bit for the money it offers quite a bit.

I’ve always thought on a nice auto dress watch and even on a nice diver with a decent movement putting a display case back on to showcase the automatic movement is a very good thing.

Having an automatic winding watch is neat, watching the all gears move and the rotor swing is even better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The one I have on that day. I rotate often.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The one I have on that day. I rotate often.

Spot on. Me too! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16222 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post