SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ Absolutely.

The left is near orgasmic, but it's masturbatory.

They are the only ones to whom this farce is important.

The dogs bark. The caravan moves on.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I related the gist of ChicagoSigMan's reasoning to my wife. She just laughed. Said she's watching it mainly for when the Republicans get their turn. She says they're skewering Cohen right and left

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cohen just admitted he has been approached to do book and movie deals.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm not watching and don't care what he says. When they invited a guy recently convicted of and sentenced to prison for lying to Congress to testify before Congress, that's when I decided it wasn't worth watching.

This ^^^^^, in addition to what I already said.

You can add me to this list. I could care less what this liar has to say. None!

I just keep in mind that Trump kept the Clinton crime family out of the Whitehouse. That's all I need to know and all I need to keep supporting him.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

THIS ^^^^^ is pure Trump!!! MAGA

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I don't believe this Cohen hearing today is going at all like the dems were hoping. He seems to have already been caught lying again today at least twice. And as noted, this the first time in the history of the Congress that someone already previously convicted of lying to Congress has been invited back to testify as a key witness. The dems desperation is on full, blatant display.

Jim Jordan and a few other Republicans have been awesome today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the hearing opening minutes. Elijah Cummings is hearings chairperson and asking advice from a female aide.

That guy could fuck up a one car funeral.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So Cohen is a Democrat but registered as a Republican once he became a co-chair of a Trump election finance something or another. And his lawyer is Lanny Davis. Hmmmm.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I love how they are getting him to admit he's colluded with Adam Shitt and all the other Dems out to get Trump before coming to this farce.

Gotta get your stories straight and bone up on those questions, right?
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
quote:
I'm not watching and don't care what he says. When they invited a guy recently convicted of and sentenced to prison for lying to Congress to testify before Congress, that's when I decided it wasn't worth watching.

You can add me to this list. I could care less what this liar has to say. None!

I just keep in mind that Trump kept the Clinton crime family out of the Whitehouse. That's all I need to know and all I need to keep supporting him.

Jim
couldn't care less

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Lynne Patton, one of Trump's executives, a black woman and now with a job at HUD, was at the hearing as a guest of Congressman Meadows.

SHe posted this on Facebook:

Dear Haters:

Since so many of you are asking, I am only going to say this ONCE, so please pay attention before any of you start breaking out the champagne:

1) I will be the first to concede that IF actual physical evidence exists that the President directly instructed Cohen to lie to Congress then, yes, it would be the ONLY accusation made against POTUS over the past three years that would worry me. Otherwise, it remains the word of one person over another with ZERO evidence. Period. One of whom is going to jail for perjury & fraud.

2) More notably, it should be known that Donald Trump does not use email and never has. Nor (up until his inauguration at least) does he text. Therefore, the likelihood of some “smoking gun” email or text is slim to none. It should also be known that any/all visitors to the West Wing must check their cell phones upon entry in a secure locker before meeting with the President. Omarosa was not a visitor.

3) Many of you may already know that I considered Michael Cohen to be one of my very best friends. Countless people can confirm that we were virtually inseparable during my employment at Trump – and that he is, single-handedly – responsible for introducing me to the Trump family and effectively changing my entire life. I would be lying if I didn’t admit that my heart still breaks for him and for his family, with whom I had grown extremely close.

4) What many of you may not be aware of is the fact that I can personally confirm that the ONLY reason Michael Cohen “turned on” the President of the United States is because Mueller threatened to throw his wife in jail for up to 30 years. Period. She is the co-guarantor of a $20M personal loan that Mueller discovered Michael secured back in 2015 by falsely inflating the value of his taxi medallions – effectively making her part & parcel to the federal charge of “Making False Statements to a Financial Institution,” to which Cohen ultimately plead guilty. This is also the reason why Cohen’s longtime taxi medallion partner, Evgeny “Gene” Freidman, was granted immunity.

5) Michael Cohen also told me (after they raided his apartment) that the reason why he elected to pay Stormy Daniels $130,000 by using his home equity loan – effectively committing bank fraud – instead of easily using the over $5M+ cash he has sitting in various stateside bank accounts is because his wife controls their finances and he simply did not want her to notice the missing money, as many husbands wouldn’t considering to whom it went. Period. Moreover, he confessed to me that he never imagined in a million years that Donald Trump would actually win the Presidency and that the misappropriation of his home equity loan would ever be exposed, since thousands of Americans misuse this type line of credit to pay for colleges, boats, cars and vacations every single day.

6) By Cohen’s own admission, Trump ceased all interest and communication in constructing Trump Tower Moscow in June 2016. Over a month before officially being declared the Republican nominee for President. To that end, it is NOT ILLEGAL for him to explore – nor deny – any “for profit” construction projects during the campaign, as he was still a civilian global real estate mogul.

7) BuzzFeed, themselves, officially admitted on CNN this morning that they have yet to independently confirm or see ANY evidence that corroborates their story.

8.) Most significantly, Mueller refused to recommend any leniency, nor lack of jail time (as he did for Michael Flynn), for Michael Cohen when he was sentenced to 3+ years in federal prison just last month. This would lead most legal experts to reasonably conclude that the Special Counsel deems information gleaned from Michael Cohen of little consequence or contribution.

9) Lastly, given that Michael Cohen is barred from discussing the Russian investigation when he testifies before the House Oversight Committee, it’s safe to conclude that his testimony on February 7th will effectively amount to nothing more than political theater and partisan fodder for late night hosts simply to embarrass a sitting President over past behavior he may or may not have engaged in as a private citizen.

10) In closing, Michael Cohen always wanted to be famous. Sadly, he has gotten his wish. I personally stopped communicating with Michael when it became known in May 2018 that he was defrauding various companies (from a Korean defense firm to a global pharmaceutical company) for millions of dollars by falsely claiming he could leverage his connection with the President to their favor.

To me, that was the moment I knew our character, principles & loyalty to one another had finally diverged.

Much like the moment I ultimately realized that Omarosa Manigault Newman was lying to me about the existence of an “N-word” tape.

Like Cohen, it is no secret that Omarosa was one of my of very best friends. She and I developed the closest relationship out of everyone during the campaign, transition and newfound Administration.

From sharing hotel rooms to texting and speaking up to 80 times per day, I considered her to be like a sister. Michael Cohen was like my family.

While both of them often declared their loyalty to this President and his family in public, I realize now that neither of them FULLY understood the definition.

You don’t give loyalty to get loyalty in return.

You do it simply because it’s the right thing to do.

I am not a rich person. Nor am I poor.

People who have known the Trump family for less than a year are now signing multi-million dollar book deals. I have known them for 10. I know what’s written in their pre-nups & in their wills. I know what they think of certain people, the details of their family lives – good or bad. I know their medical histories & even the passcodes to their emails, credit cards, computers and homes.

NOT ONCE has it EVER crossed my mind to share that information in exchange for monetary gain. Not even in the multiple millions. Nor will it ever.

Feel free to call me either the dumbest loyalist on the face of the earth, or the poorest member of their inner circle.

I, on the other hand, simply choose to call myself a NORMAL FRIEND.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

All that fraud and lying was the old Michael Cohen. The new Cohen doesn't like to Congress anymore.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
How does Cohen square these two points from his testimony:

1) Trump never intended to win and just wanted to build his brand

2) He suspects that Trump colluded with Russia to help him win (but can't prove it)

Why would Trump collude with Russia to win an election he didn't really want to win?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
He campaigned tirelessly, having himself and his family mercilessly attacked and investigated under threat of imprisonment...to build his brand? Rigghttt... Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Cohen is tearing up now during (D) Chairmans rant.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
So the democrats have gone from “Russian collusion” and shifted to campaign finance laws due to zero of evidence of the former, and very little if any evidence of the latter.
Ill tell you what, they know they cant win 2020- thats what this is all about, this is the last card they have to play. The democrats are all in on this strategy leading to impeachment prior to 2020.
They’ve already lost, they know it, and they’re angry.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Cohen is a real piece of shit

https://www.cnn.com/politics/l...testimony/index.html

"Given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power," Cohen said. And this is why I agreed to appear before you today."

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing he didn't see this coming.

Republican Rep. Mark Meadows filed a criminal referral for Michael Cohen on Wednesday, claiming he violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act by not disclosing his foreign contracts.

“I just entered a referral for criminal investigation of Michael Cohen, who violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) by illegally lobbying on behalf of foreign entities without registering,” Meadows tweeted Wednesday during Cohen’s public hearing before the House Oversight Committee.

“Cohen talks about ‘blind loyalty.’ His real blind loyalty? It’s to the almighty dollar,” he said.

A source close to Meadows told Fox News that the referral specifically involves Cohen’s consulting on behalf of Kazakhstan’s BTA Bank, as well as consulting for Swiss pharmaceutical company Novartis and South Korean aerospace.

During Cohen’s hearing, Meadows, R-N.C., blasted Cohen for not listing his “foreign contracts” on a "Truth and Testimony" form he was required to fill out prior to his hearing, and called it a “criminal offense.”

“This is just one more example of you skirting the truth,” Meadows said to Cohen.

Cohen explained that he reviewed the form with his legal counsel, and interpreted the directions differently, but would amend the document before the end of the day if necessary.

Last week, Meadows and committee ranking member Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, first addressed the issue, and penned a letter to Cohen attorney Lanny Davis, to seek information about Cohen’s “consulting, lobbying and foreign agent work.”

The letter cited information from the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York (SDNY) -- where Cohen had been under criminal investigation--which outlined “a substantial amount of consulting business for himself throughout 2017 by marketing to corporations what he claimed to be unique insights about and access" to Donald Trump.

“Cohen’s list of major domestic and foreign corporate clients included AT&T, Novartis, BTA Bank of Kazakhstan, Columbus Nova and Korea Aerospace Industries,” Jordan and Meadows wrote, listing the financial deals between Cohen and the corporations.

The letter stated that AT&T paid Cohen $600,000 for insight on how the Trump administration would approach the proposed merger with Time Warner; Novartis paid Cohen $1.2 million for access to the White House on health care policy; BTA Bank paid Cohen a “large sum” under a business agreement; Russian-linked company Columbus Nova paid him $500,000 for advice on sources of “capital” and potential investments; and Korea Aerospace Industries paid $150,000 for “legal consulting” related to a Pentagon contract the company was bidding on.

Cohen is not the first Trump associate charged with violating FARA. Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort has been charged with violations for not disclosing his lobbying activities with Ukraine. So was former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn, in connection with lobbying work for Turkey.

It is unclear what the next steps in Meadows’ referral will be. A source told Fox News that it is “undated and very vague.”

Meadows, on Wednesday, also blasted Cohen for ignoring the committee rule that "requires witnesses to provide their testimony to Congress 24 hours in advance of a hearing." Cohen provided evidence and his opening statement to the committee late Tuesday night.

Cohen’s testimony before the House Oversight Committee came after he pleaded guilty to lying to Congress as part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential campaign and potential collusion with Trump campaign associates.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...er-foreign-contracts

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Given my experience working for Mr. Trump, I fear that if he loses the election in 2020 that there will never be a peaceful transition of power," Cohen said. And this is why I agreed to appear before you today."

Wait... what?
So... you wouldn't want him to lose the election in 2020, then, right? So why are you spouting off again?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Cohen is a real piece of shit

https://www.cnn.com/politics/l...testimony/index.html

quote:
"My loyalty to Mr. Trump has cost me everything — my family's happiness, my law license, my company, my livelihood, my honor, my reputation and soon my freedom," he said.

No asshole, you didn't lose everything due to DJT you lost everything because you are a crook who tried to cheat on your taxes and committed fraud. DJT didn't commit those felonies, you did.

In fact you should be thanking DJT and kissing his feet. If not for Trump Derangement Syndrome and the desire to nail Trump for something, anything them you'd be serving serious time. You got three years in jail instead of the decade or more you deserve, just because they hoped you had something against him. You should thank God every night before you go to bed for your relationship with Trump.

I hate more than almost anything else someone who can't take responsibility for their actions and blame other people. Well at least you got you shortened sentence, hope it was worth your honor.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post