SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
McCauliffe has first called on Northam, and now Fairfax to resign. I guess he is backing Herring,since he has never called on him to resign.

Former Virginia Governor Calls For Democratic Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax's 'Immediate Resignation

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...resignation-n2541088

Late Friday afternoon, former Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McCauliffe called upon current Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax to resign in wake of two sexual assault allegations saying "it is clear" that Lt. Gov. Fairfax "can no longer effectively serve the people of Virginia."

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Well, this whole fiasco just put the last nail in the coffin for me ever voting for a "D" until I draw my last breath for any position. Harumph!

Hey! Welcome to the party!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Well, this whole fiasco just put the last nail in the coffin for me ever voting for a "D" until I draw my last breath for any position. Harumph!

Hey! Welcome to the party!

Confession...if Harry S Truman were to raise from the dead, maybe....

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Fairfax is dead politically.

Impeachment ahead for Fairfax if he doesn't resign by Monday, Virginia Democrat warns
By Louis Casiano | Fox News

Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax was faced with the threat of impeachment proceedings just hours after a second woman accused the Democrat of sexual assault.

Patrick Hope, a fellow Democrat and member of the Virginia House of Delegates, announced Friday that he intends to introduce articles of impeachment against Fairfax unless he resigns by Monday.

"On Monday, I will be introducing articles of impeachment for Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax if he has not resigned before then," Hope wrote on Twitter.

quote:

Patrick Hope
@HopeforVirginia
On Monday, I will be introducing articles of impeachment for Lt. Governor Justin Fairfax if he has not resigned before then.

Patrick Hope
@HopeforVirginia
The alleged crimes committed by LG Fairfax took place in Massachusetts and North Carolina. The impeachment process is the only way for Virginia to have the investigation that LG Fairfax has demanded.

A lawyer for accuser Meredith Watson said in a statement that Fairfax raped his client in 2000 when they were students at Duke University. The lawyer called the attack “premeditated and aggressive.”

The first woman to accuse Fairfax of sexual misconduct, Vanessa Tyson, claims that incident occurred during the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston.

Fairfax has denied the allegations against him. He said Friday that they were part of a smear campaign against him and doesn’t intend to resign.

Virginia has been engulfed by a recent series of racial scandals involving Gov. Ralph Northam and Attorney General Mark Herring, both Democrats, over their use of blackface while in college. Both men have signaled they have no intention of resigning -- despite calls to resign from a host of Democrats with national profiles.

The allegations against Fairfax have also prompted calls for him to leave his post as well. Late Friday, U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Va., wrote on Twitter that Fairfax “can no longer effectively serve the Commonwealth."

"We cannot ever ignore or tolerate sexual assault,” wrote Kaine, who was Hillary Clinton's running mate in the 2016 presidential election.

A number of other top Virginia Democrats have also called for Fairfax to resign, including members of the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus.

“In light of the most recent sexual assault allegations against Lieutenant Governor Justin Fairfax, the Virginia Legislative Black Caucus believes it is best for Lt. Governor Fairfax to step down from his position," the caucus said in a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-gov-fairfax-resigns

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Fairfax is dead politically.

Impeachment ahead for Fairfax if he doesn't resign by Monday, Virginia Democrat warns

Is it true that impeachment would require a unanimous vote? Might be a tall order if true.

Why do I get the feeling the dems are just trying to get Fairfax out so he can be replaced before the governor might resign so they can put a screeching halt to the idea of a Republican taking over?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
So, when does the witch hunt start for all the Democrats that as little kids dressed up as Indians for Halloween?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why do I get the feeling the dems are just trying to get Fairfax out so he can be replaced before the governor might resign so they can put a screeching halt to the idea of a Republican taking over?

He does not get replaced. The President Pro Tempore would get two votes if it is necessary to break a tie.

If Herring becomes Governor or resigns, the senate elects a new AG to fill the roll.

I know most people don’t care about this, but the real question is how much money will New York City want to give to Vinginia Democrats for thier State House and Senate campaigns this fall.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I hope it's $0. That's the problem, and it began before McAwful was planted here to swing us to HRC. Got worse while he was here though. Too much money from groups fueled by billionaires and foundations with NYC or San Francisco "values" (whatever those are) to impress on the rest of us.

posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^ I hope it's $0. That's the problem, and it began before McAwful was planted here to swing us to HRC. Got worse while he was here though. Too much money from groups fueled by billionaires and foundations with NYC or San Francisco "values" (whatever those are) to impress on the rest of us.

Exactly. Virginia is critical to the Democrats chances to retake the White House in 2020. The state went Dem the last the Presidential election cycles.

Trump won without Virginia. If the Dems can’t win Virginia or have to fight hard to keep it they’re they will be in deep trouble in 2020.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
quote:

He does not get replaced. The President Pro Tempore would get two votes if it is necessary to break a tie.

If Herring becomes Governor or resigns, the senate elects a new AG to fill the roll.

I know most people don’t care about this, but the real question is how much money will New York City want to give to Vinginia Democrats for thier State House and Senate campaigns this fall.

I've said this a few times, but I want a law against outside funds, except presidential elections, maybe even for presidential elections.

It's bullshit that millionaires in NYC and CA can vote in my elections with their money

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We get the worst politicians that money can buy.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Here's the calculus for Virginia Democratic politics:

#METOO > #blackface > #infanticide

Fairfax is toast. Northam and Herring will survive.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone care if McAuliffe calls for anyone's resignation? I know he wants to run for POTUS, so I suppose he can pretend to be important by calling for someone's resignation. But the beautiful thing about VA is that their governor can never run for reelection. So he doesn't need McAuliffe's money or endorsement. As we're seeing in Northam's refusal to resign, there is a certain freedom in being limited to one term. You can't lose. Sure, he looks foolish and will become the greatest panderer in history to try to put this all behind him. But his job is guaranteed.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"the beautiful thing about VA is that their governor can never run for reelection"

The situation is a little different than that.

For Virginia:

"Although there is no life-term term limit, the governor cannot serve consecutive terms."

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Here's the calculus for Virginia Democratic politics:

#METOO > #blackface > #infanticide

Fairfax is toast. Northam and Herring will survive.

If they force Fairfax out who is black and the 2 white guys in blackface stay, there will be black riots in the City of Richmond.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
A lawyer for accuser Meredith Watson said in a statement that Fairfax raped his client in 2000 when they were students at Duke University. The lawyer called the attack “premeditated and aggressive.”

So this idiot female was "raped" some 19 years ago, and just discovered it?!?!?

Why was this reported when it happened? Oh, I know. . . no nationwide publicity back then.

Anyone else remember Kavanaugh?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
So this idiot female was "raped" some 19 years ago, and just discovered it?!?!?

Why was this reported when it happened? Oh, I know. . . no nationwide publicity back then.

I do agree with you in principal. Crimes should be reported at the time they are committed.

In this case the woman did tell her friends about it at that time, and wrote another e-mail referencing it a few years back. Although she didn't report it then it's also not something that materialized out of thin air today.

I also have no problem using the Democrat's own playbook against them.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"the beautiful thing about VA is that their governor can never run for reelection"

The situation is a little different than that.

For Virginia:

"Although there is no life-term term limit, the governor cannot serve consecutive terms."

I stand corrected. But I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Northam won't run for governor of VA ever again. Call me crazy.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Somehow, this thread just doesn't seem to be complete without:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15483 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post