SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
^^^^^

I need to learn to make good martini. Making a super-dirty martini with the lees of pickled okra is not to be repeated.

I did open the Brenne French Single Malt Whisky today after the feast. Aged in french limousin oak casks and then finished in cognac casks. Father of kablammo and kablammo agreed that the fore taste was candy-like and the finish was a subtle bruised apple. Not a repeat purchase. Venerable Old Overholt is cleansing the palatte.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
A Warsteiner

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
Homebrew!

Unfortunately not a very good one.

Turkey was fantastic though as well the sides.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Picked up a few cases of Winter Lager !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Elmer T Lee

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Bell's Two Hearted again

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Treehouse Juice Machine.

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Woodfords with a Granny Smith cider.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Had a Sapphire martini tonight. Don't make one often, but it seemed like something good with turkey. It was

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
King's Ginger is tonight's choice.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Redbreast 15-year old Irish Whiskey

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
Delfosse Merlot

great local wine,
sadly the owner passed a few years ago,
he gave my wife and I an education on wine in general and french wine specifically one morning while we did a tasting,
http://www.delfossewine.com/

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I made up a cocktail, I call it the "Butter Bear"

Take a rocks glass, fill it half with ice.

Fill half the ice with milk.

Fill just under the ice with Dr. Mcgillicuddy's Butterscotch.

Fill remainder of glass with whiskey. Canadian Club is what I use for things like this. It also works with bourbon.

I was trying to make something butterscotch that wasn't sweet. This works. Also, it doesn't taste much like alcohol, so don't forget it's alcohol.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It's very good.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Founders Backwoods Bastard 2015 I've cellared since last November. I just got my case of the 2016, haven't cracked one yet.

I buy a case of Bell's Third Coast Old Ale and one of the above every year when it releases. I always hold back some to age. It improves for about 3 or 4 years, growing mellower and richer. Awesome brews.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sierra Nevada Kellerweis

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Leffe Blonde tonight.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Good stuff, the leffe. Wish they sold red and tripel here.

I'm having Ukrainian pepper vodka and dr. Pepper.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night it was Suntory on ANA from NRT to SIN. Great drink and super service.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Blanton's and Old Rip Van Winkle.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post