SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
No more large bottles of Tank 7 !
Just the 12oz ones.
I need to restock before the pallet of OctoberFest order is placed !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Makers Mark cask strength

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Tanqueray and Ever-Tree Elderflower tonic.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16217 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Larceny, coke, and 2 dashes of fee bros cherry bitters. Tryin to get thru this low proofx no flavor boring stuff to make room for more bourbon. At 63 bottles.... lol

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Larceny, coke, and 2 dashes of fee bros cherry bitters. Tryin to get thru this low proofx no flavor boring stuff to make room for more bourbon. At 63 bottles.... lol

Smile

It's when my open bottle count was getting up to 40-60 that I realized I had a problem.

Now I fight to keep it at 20, which is equally problematic, only differently.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Smile

It's when my open bottle count was getting up to 40-60 that I realized I had a problem.

Yes i recall you mentiined that when i was just gettin started. It doesnt help if i buy online i buy 2 or 3 if i like it. I finally quit gambling on stuff that had bad reviews and low proof.

Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Used to be Bombay Sapphire, Schweppes Bitter Lemon and a slice of fresh lemon.
Now it's cold bottled water; after 18 years of sobriety.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Smile

Yes i recall you mentiined that when i was just gettin started. It doesnt help if i buy online i buy 2 or 3 if i like it. I finally quit gambling on stuff that had bad reviews and low proof.

Few years ago I came to the conclusion that chasing the rare and limited bourbon was a waste of my time and money. Wheatears have their place but I don't drink much of them hence Pappy doesn't really mean much to me. I also pretty much decided I preferred barrel proofs. I am content to keep ECBP, 4roses and Stagg Jr in a rotation. The only lower proof I have on hand is Elmer, and Rock Hill farms. Occasionally I will have something else in my cabinet but whether I do or don't have anything else I'm just fine with those.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Smile

Few years ago I came to the conclusion that chasing the rare and limited bourbon was a waste of my time and money. Wheatears have their place but I don't drink much of them hence Pappy doesn't really mean much to me. I also pretty much decided I preferred barrel proofs. I am content to keep ECBP, 4roses and Stagg Jr in a rotation. The only lower proof I have on hand is Elmer, and Rock Hill farms. Occasionally I will have something else in my cabinet but whether I do or don't have anything else I'm just fine with those.

I dont care for anything under 100 proof. Nor am i a fan of wheaters. I woukd like a pappy at retail just to complete the bar. Also need a saz 18, and WLW and ill be done. Oh and the new willet 4 yr coming out. And thier ryes. I google everything where as before i was just buyin blind.

Gosh i dont even like elmer anymore !! Red Face

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Spaten Oktoberfest.

My local beer supplier just got the first shipment of this year's batch, and I've added a case to my Octoberfest beer stockpile.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Coupla' fingers of Buffalo Trace & an ice cube.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Great Divide Old Ruffian, Maximus, Knob Creek Rye.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Glendronach 20.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I must say Chatham Art Punch. You cant go wrong with something that serves 200.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
Lately I've been into the taste of rye (usually a bourbon drinker)

So I've been drinking either Whistle Pig or Masterson Rye

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Spaten Oktoberfest.

My local beer supplier just got the first shipment of this year's batch, and I've added a case to my Octoberfest beer stockpile.
We have similar tastes in beer so I was wondering about which Oktoberfest beers you've liked and disliked this year?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
We have similar tastes in beer so I was wondering about which Oktoberfest beers you've liked and disliked this year?

Unfortunately, there are only a handful out so far.

My two favorites are Ayinger Oktoberfest (imported) and Mother's Old School Octoberfest (domestic). Neither of them have been released yet this year, but should be coming within the next several weeks.

The ones I've seen in stores around here so far include...

Domestics:
Sam Adams Octoberfest
Lost Forty Hunter Octoberfest
Core Leghound
Shiner Octoberfest
Sierra Nevada Octoberfest

Imports:
Spaten Oktoberfest
Warsteiner Octoberfest
Weihenstephaner Fest Bier

Of these...

Sam Adams Octoberfest is a staple of my fall/winter Octoberfest stockpile. Not the very best, but one of the better and more widely available domestic Octoberfests. It's also easy to find on tap when eating out, which is a plus. And if you're looking to stock up more easily, Sam's Club is offering 28-pack cases this year.

Lost Forty Hunter is a new one this year, from an Arkansas brewery. I got a six pack to try, and it's alright, but I don't know if I'll be getting any more of it.

Core Leghound is a decent Octoberfest. But it's brewed year round, and it's a local brewery, so I can get it any time I want. So I don't have to stockpile it.

Shiner Octoberfest is a middle-of-the-road domestic. Not the worst, but there are much better choices.

I haven't tried the Sierra Nevada Octoberfest this year. While I wasn't impressed with last year's offering, they change their recipe every year by partnering with a different German brewery and trying a slightly different style, so I'll be getting some to try out.

Spaten is one of the better imported German Oktoberfests. It also happens to be the cheapest and easiest to find of the Germans, at least around here, so it usually makes up a decent chunk of my stockpile.

Warsteiner Octoberfest is a waste of time. Hands down the worst imported Octoberfest I tried in past years, so I don't even give it a second look.

Weihenstephaner's Fest Bier is also disappointing (though better than Warsteiner). Which is unfortunate, because their Hefeweizen is my favorite spring/summer beer of all time. I didn't really care for the Fest Bier in previous years, but I might still grab a few to see if they've improved.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Gentleman Jack

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Last night was Old Forester single barrel. Really enjoying this! Tonight is looking like more of the same.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Boulevard saison brett

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post