SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What’s your funniest restaurant encounter?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your funniest restaurant encounter? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
On a four day camping "Holiday " we were 190 miles from no where and it was supper time ,
and there was a wide spot in the road ,
I don't even think there was a gas station
in this .... gathering of 20 buildings.

There was a Pizza Hut Eek
I mean this was the weirdest most desolate
venue for a Chain restaurant that any one could think of .

We pulled in , so that we would not have to eat cooler sandwich's.

The menu was atypical to say the least for a Pizza Hut.

there were big pictures of wonderful looking offerings ,
we checked the front of the menu's and the interior of the place to confirm that we were indeed in a Pizza Hut.

Now we were really hungry !

a 30 y.o. guy came over and asked what we would like to order.
Bonnie pointed to one thing and said "This looks wonderful, I'd like this please"

He said "they are great , I had one while up in the big city , sorry but this location does not offer them "

Confused

So while she thought of another option I went ahead and ordered,

"Sorry we ran out of those at lunch" He replied

we started smiling in a big way

Now she asked if they had any of these things

Him :" wait , I will go see " < roll eyes>

now were were giggling,

Him : "yes we have one left"

Of the four things we chose , they had two .

we were laughing all the way through the meal. Well, it was very funny then, perhaps you had to have been there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54640 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
Wednesday I had the weirdest take out experience, ever. LOL I called ahead to make sure this Chinese restaurant was doing carry out, then went to pick up my date for the evening. Once I had ascertained that she did like Chinese, I called back and placed my order. The woman gave me my total and said "Call back when you get here."

So I pulled into the parking lot 10 minutes later and called.

"Hey, this is Allen. I ordered some take out?"
"You here?"
"Yes ma'am, I'm in the silver Jeep by the light pole."
"You see the table by the front door?"
"Uhhh…yes ma'am."
"You go to table, there is a bowl. Put your credit card or cash in the bowl, then get back in car. We come get payment, then bring you your food. Once we get inside, you get out of your car and get your food. You understand?"
"Yes ma'am."

I felt like I should have had a sniper team watching over me. Big Grin

Rice Bowl? I gotta know lol
Sounds like the lady at our Chinese joint in Sissonville actually, they're a little squirrely when there's not an apocalypse

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Back in 1962 I was attending a USAF school in Kingston, NY and often ate at a small café near my rented apartment. One day I was seated at the counter (no free tables) and giving my order to the waitress. I am a finicky eater and apparently I was being very specific about my order, when a lady sitting next to me turned and said "And I guess you like your meat well done, too!" (And she was right, but I didn't remark.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Kind of a restaurant story, sort of.

My mother died back in the 70's. Dad remarried his neighbor about five years later. That was the most ornery, cantankerous woman I have ever been around. At first we would all go out to dinner but that did not last long. She bitched about everything. Of course, the poor waitress took the brunt of her anger so we finally just told dad we would no longer go out to dinner with them.

That marriage was a roller coaster ride like I have never seen. It lasted about ten years and after they finally split for good dad came to visit us here in Missouri. He and I were sitting out on the deck one evening and I looked over at him and asked him what he had learned from his experience, if anything.

He took a sip of his beer, looked at me and said..."never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress." We toasted to that. Smile

that is very wise. Pretty much can tell a person's character by how he/she treats waitstaff.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
February 13, 2011 (it's a Sunday)

I'm living in Alaska and managing an oil & gas project. My main consultant has an employee flying in from the Lower 48 for other business and they want me to consider him for an upcoming phase of the project. He is landing on a Sunday afternoon so they set up a dinner that night at the only 5-star restaurant in Alaska.

The restaurant was packed due to Valentine's Day being the next day (Monday) and so our table of 4 was 6" from a table of 2. I'm telling a funny story, and notice my associates were no longer listening because they're staring at the woman at the next table (seated next to me). I look over just as she passed out face first in her plate of food.

She woke up and puked in her hair so I'm scooting my chair like madman thinking projectile vomiting is next. The woman's date is nonchalantly acting like nothing is going on and continues to eat his meal unphased. My business associate that set up the dinner knows the owner of the restaurant (as well as the owner's parents and siblings) so the owner comes over to our table to figure out what is happening. The owner's primary concern seems to be this screwing up the dinner service of a very busy night so my table is the one who calls 911 (i.e. not the restaurant or the woman's date).

The EMTs arrive and takeover our table for their gear. The EMTs load her up on the stretcher, but the restaurant won't let her date leave without paying for their dinner. We also had to pay full price for our partially eaten dinner that the EMTs ruined.

Prior to the EMTs arriving, she told us that she ate the same thing at the same restaurant a few weeks prior (i.e. unlikely an allergic reaction). We were betting on either a stroke or her date mistimed the ruffie he slipped her. I'm leaning towards the later because the next weekend my business associate saw the same guy dining with a different woman.

I never dined at that restaurant again.

The Crow's Nest at the Captain Cook Hotel?

Posts: 9041 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Admittedly not mine, but for those who have not seen this sketch. It is still funny time after time. What a master this guy was!

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the movie "5 Easy Pieces"....Diner scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D5WrobIlFU

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Let me preface by saying today marks the 21st anniversary of the passing of my brother. This is the end of a tribute I wrote about him today, just reliving funny memories of him.

I have many memories of Mike, and this is one on those that makes me laugh so hard, I’ll have tears rolling down my face.

We were going somewhere, but I can’t remember. There was three of us, Mike, Dan, and myself. It was one of those road trips where you had to use the bathroom, but the next rest stop is 47 miles away, and you had to pee 30 miles ago.

So we pull over into a Hardee’s or something. I’m point man, so I’m first man through the door, and I secure the urinal. Dan is behind me, and goes to the stall. Mike brings up the rear, only this bathroom only has a urinal and a toilet. So he sequesters the sink.

Another patron walks in, a scraggly looking biker type, and the first thing he sees is Mike relieving himself in the sink. Without hesitation, the biker dude says, “Man, this place is busy, even the sink’s full.”

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Quick one, then I have more later. Was in a local bar and grill with a buddy. Young waitress takes our order. We both ordered drafts and I added, "Don't bring me one of those big ones. They get warm before I finish them. Bring me a 16oz draft." As she turned to leave, she said, "We only have pints. Is that okay?"

OK, here are the rest of them

Two incidents in the same restaurant. The first involves my getting a new bottle of ketchup to pour. Instead of pounding on the bottom like most folks, I usually take a new bottle and give it a quick flick of the wrist, forcing the ketchup up to the neck of the bottle. This usually works real well but it requires a new bottle to have a tight cap, which most NEW bottles do..except this one. I shot a stream of ketchup about 15 feet across the restaurant. Fortunately no one was hit.

Same restaurant months later: We have a table beside the door to the kitchen. My wife is perusing the menu and says to the waitress, "what does tonight's special look like?" At that moment, a waitress exits the kitchen with a full tray. She trips and the food goes flying. Without missing a beat, the waitress points to the floor and says, "it looks like that".

My son and I are on a trip to San Antonio. It's a hot Spring day and when we get back to the hotel on the Riverwalk around 4:30, all we want is a cold beer. We find this great looking cowboy bar, which is adjacent to a museum, featuring the world's largest collection of mounted trophy heads, I forget the name but some of you have probably been there. The bartender pours us these two ice cold drafts, we're both thinking, man,this is our kind of place!
We're about halfway through our beers, when the bartender strolls over and says, "last call!" Excuse me, did you just say last call? Turns out, when the museum closes at 5PM, so does the bar.

Last one, my sister is having lunch with some friends in a local Friendly's restaurant. Her two year old son is sitting in a high chair, eating an ice cream cone. He tips the cone the wrong way and the ice cream leaves the cone and hits the floor. He looks down and in a voice most in the restaurant can hear, exclaims, "Aw shit!". My sister says all eyes were suddenly on her and seemed to say, "Well, I wonder where he heard that?"

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post