SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gander Mountain; Update
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gander Mountain; Update Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
My plans to visit the Cabela's near me tomorrow has changed. I was just reading on-line from Gander Mountain's website they are closing all 126 stores. I'll go to Gander first tomorrow...

Good luck at finding a good deal. I had a GM close down the road from me and I went several times as the prices dropped during the closeout, but I never saw any good deals. The price reductions from their "regular" price were still higher from what I could get things elsewhere. Footwear seemed to be the thing that "might" have been the best deal, but anything I was interested in was gone.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8674 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I went to my local Gander about six weeks ago.
There were several good deals I felt. Of course not on firearms or ammunition, but got a Yeti tumbler, some Darned Tough Socks, Blue Dot powder, and a few of their guide series shirts.
Took my things to the register only to find out they wouldn't accept my hundred dollar gift card. I was told that I had to go to a website and submit a claim.
I'll eventually get the $100 back, but it will probably be several months down the road.

New owner sounds like a real winner Roll Eyes alienating a good chunk of his potential customer base.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
About three weeks ago I went back to the Novi store, the 5.11 ATAC boots were selling for a bit under $66.00. actually had them in my size, 11D.

Of course this was before Marcus made his remarks.......

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8140 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stopped by the one in Eden Prarie, WI yesterday and got some good deals on a few propane fittings, and a distribution tree. Also picked up a sling swivel set for my 10/22 for $2!

They had a TON of great deals on clothes, but I really didn't need anything though I was tempted by the nice polo shirts they had for $4.

Also a ton of scope mount hardware and black powder stuff still on the shelves.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

I would guess that about 60%, or more, of Camping World's customer base are Trump voters. The Gander Mtn numbers are probably much higher. This CEO has just boxed himself into a nasty little corner.

Am I mistaken to think that the Good Sam club is also under this moron ceo?

Looks like that membership is also at an end.

You are not mistaken.

I think this is Lemonis demonstrating gun safety.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Have been stopping by our local GM for the last few weeks. Found a few good deals on fishing supplies at 60% off. Three weeks ago I stopped by when firearms were 40% off. Picked up a Benelli M2 Tactical for $779 - not a bad deal in my opinion and something I've had on my list for a while. They had ~9 when I bought that one. Went back 2 days later and the rest were gone.

Michael

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I avoid Gander Mountain.
I was looking for a used high end Ljutic Mono shotgun on Gunbroker when I saw what I was looking for but for more than I wanted to spend.
The seller was Gander Mountain and the store was in MO. I sent a email to Gander and stated I was interested but for less than the price they were looking for. The original price was stated by Gander to be $6000.00 they were selling for $3000.00, I offered $2400.0 and was immediately advised it was mine.
Gander shipped to a Kenosha WI. store at no charge and did the transfer for no charge.
The Gun Dept. manager was great! The gun counter employees I dealt with were the PITS! They were so bad I came close to walking away from the purchase.

Posts: 4640 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post