SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Opinion on Wrangler Jeans?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion on Wrangler Jeans? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have worn Wrangler jeans for years at work. I like them and they seem to wear well.

I do always try them on though. I have also purchased “factory seconds” but I do check them closely. A local discount chain seems to keep them all the time at deep discounts.

I will recommend them based on my own experience.

P.S. Quit buying Levi’s long before I knew anything about their political stance. I preferred Lee brand.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I quit Levi's years ago when they first decided to go full liberal while moving everything offshore. I buy Wrangler model 947STR. The inseam is stitched differently than some of their other models and it's a lot more comfortable. As a bonus, the hip pockets are located somewhat differently than Levi's and I no longer sit on my wallet. My butt is most appreciative of the improvement.

Posts: 686 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Another question: Several responses have referred to model numbers. Nowhere on Wrangler's web site does the model number appear. But the search feature brings up results, so I'm curious as to how one finds a particular model if the number isn't available?

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I wear them everyday and have since the early 80's

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I started with Farah Gold Strike jeans as a child in the late fifties/early sixties. Moved on to Levis, then Lee, and later Wranglers. Been wearing Wranglers for quite a few years now and am perfectly happy with them. I think it all depends upon what fits you and what you are willing to pay for jeans. But Wranglers fit me and are cheap. No complaints.

Posts: 2687 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I have worn Wrangler Cowboy jeans since High School. They are the best in my opinion.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't stand cowboy jeans of any make. Too tight for me. I buy Wrangler carpenter jeans and like them well enough. I get about 6-8 months wearing them everyday before the denim gets thin and tears, but they aren't heavy jeans to start with.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For about 20 years since I started not giving any f’a what others think I wear. Plus that coincided with buying a home and getting married, therefore watching most every dollar. But wranglers are good jeans. I have a pair of nice black ones for going out but not wearing slacks and blue ones for everything else. I get them on sale for about $20 a pair

Posts: 4736 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Another question: Several responses have referred to model numbers. Nowhere on Wrangler's web site does the model number appear. But the search feature brings up results, so I'm curious as to how one finds a particular model if the number isn't available?

The model numbers are the bold numbers next to the name of the jeans: https://www.wrangler.com/shop/men-jeans-cowboy-cut

Posts: 6337 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
A '74 Da...., oh Wrangler jeans. I buy the $20 ones at Wal-Mart. They are prewashed and don't shrink. I get a year out of them before they fade too much and become my work on the vehicles, paint the house, or whatever dirty job jeans. I get at least another year out of them during this phase, except I catch them on something sharp and tear a hole in them.

I've had LL Bean jeans that cost double, but they didn't last any longer or fit any better.

Posts: 10819 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by arfmel:
The Cowboy Cut Wranglers are pretty thick, stiff, heavy duty denim and take a long time to “break in”. They are cut too small through the thighs to fit my hind legs.[QUOTE]

Have you tried the 31MWZ? That's their relaxed fit version of the 13MWZ. I have large thighs and those fit me very well and very comfortably. Yes they are stiff in the beginning but they break in fairly quickly.

Never seen those. I’ll search a pair out and try them. Thanks.

Posts: 26851 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Wrangler jeans are my first and only choice.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3811 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wrangler 13MWZ's is all I wear. I can buy 'em at a local farm store for $20+/- any time and can catch 'em on sale for $18 or so every now and then. They wear well and starched they look good enough to wear to church.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 724 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Carhartt's for me for the last ten years or so.
They have different styles, from construction worker to casual and material weights.
I usually get them from Sierra Trading Post or similar online discount sites when they are on sale and have free shipping when you get a few pair.

Posts: 9454 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
Wrangler Relaxed Fit - Boot cut have been great last few years.

I used to dig the Levi's, but they changed fit/thighs, they crush my nads.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Sigh. It appears there are 79 different models of Wrangler jeans to choose from. I guess I'll have to go hunt down a store that carries them and try a few pair on.

I'm mostly a slim fit, but I have very large calves (comes from decades of running, I guess). I suspect the regular fit might be the ticket, but I don't understand how that differs from the "original."

All-cotton denim is my preferred choice; the 14.5 ounce version. But I can be persuaded if there is a blended cut that fits.

Where does one go find Wranglers? Someone said Wally World. I rarely shop at Walmart, but there is one within reach (natch!).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing Wranglers (relaxed fit) for several years now, ever since Costco outsourced their Kirkland jeans to China and the quality and fit both went to hell. The Wranglers have been pretty damn good for the price, which is about the same as the old Kirkland ones were. I get them at Bi-Mart but I know that's pretty much just a Pacific Northwest thing, not sure where to look for them in other areas.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Wranglers always.

If you don't like the "cut" of the 13MWZ, they also offer the 47MWZ which seems a bit more "relaxed", but still the same quality.

Yup, my two favorite jeans for many years.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Worn them for years. They fit me quite well.
Most complaints I hear are about the high waist on the “cowboy cut” jeans.
My work also issues the relaxed fit in FR.
I also like their Riggs work line

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Wranglers are what I wear.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post