SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Opinion on Wrangler Jeans?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion on Wrangler Jeans? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Duluth Ballroom jeans. Good name, better jeans. I particularly like their flannel lined ones when it’s colder. Triple stitched, good material, extra material in crotch. Ballroom.

I always liked Lee too. Cheap and pretty comfortable. Never owned Wrangler. Sorry.

Posts: 7498 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I have bought a couple of pair of wranglers in recent years and would wear them if i could....but they don't fit my build.

I have some Lee jeans that are ok.

Duluth Trading Co. on the other hand are simply the best jeans I have ever owned. Love the Ballroom Flex. Love the gusseted crotch. Different fabric weights (the lighter one has become my favorite).

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s all I wear now.

Lee and Wrangler are made by the same textile company, Vanity Fair. I buy them from one of their stores at a local outlet mall for $12-15 typically. The seconds are even less

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I have worn Lee jeans for quite a few years, all variations fit well, but I especially like the way boot cut fit me. No plans to change.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
I have worn Lee jeans for quite a few years, all variations fit well, but I especially like the way boot cut fit me. No plans to change.

IME "boot cut" and "straight leg" fit the same through the waist, hips and thighs. Boot cut simply are a bit larger around the calves to facilitate getting them around cowboy boots.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I picked up a pair of Wranglers a few months ago. I really like the thick material they are made out of. tag says 9760WDR. A search of the web says they are 5 star relaxed fit. I have a pair of the 9TRGFNF and they are noticeably thinner material.

Posts: 5760 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of pairs of Riggs jeans, which are also made by Wrangler. They have been great.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Wrangler 20X Style 33 extreme relaxed fit are my go to jeans. They have been excellent for many years. Modern skinny jeans don’t fit me at all (athletic build) and it took quite some time finding jeans that fit and aren’t cheap crap. Tried the Duluth jeans too and they were all wrong for me. So if you have more of an athletic build and Duluth hasn’t worked for you try out these Wranglers.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wore Lee, and Wrangler jeans for years and years. The Levi jeans didn't fit me at all. Recently i have been wearing the Sam's Club store brand jeans, and they fit me like my old Wranglers.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up wearing Wranglers - or the cheaper Rustlers, which are Wranglers without rivets and a watch pocket - on the farm. They were comfortable and durable. From about age 45 to 55, I switched to Lee because Wrangler stopped being as comfortable, for some reason. I switched back to Wrangler and Rustler about 5 years ago. The Wranglers are again the most comfortable (they changed the crotch design somewhat), wear like iron, and are the cheapest jeans around.

Posts: 631 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I wore Wranglers for years and they were great I got them from the outlet store a bit up the interstate for like $15.

Since the kids came along my 6 day a week gym regiment shrunk while my waist line and tummy has grown and Wranglers just don’t fit right anymore (yes even going up in size).
I have found Duluth Double Flex Jeans, man are they comfy. $70 a pair is a little stout but they constantly have 20% off sales and they are worth it.

Been looking for some American made super stretchy flex jean options but have not found any.

Plus for me I really like to put my hands in my pockets. Most jeans I come across I can’t really fit my hand in.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Duluth Ballroom jeans. Good name, better jeans. I particularly like their flannel lined ones when it’s colder. Triple stitched, good material, extra material in crotch. Ballroom.

I always liked Lee too. Cheap and pretty comfortable. Never owned Wrangler. Sorry.

And this has what to do with Wrangler jeans?

I'm sorry to pick you out as an example, but READING COMPREHENSION, people!!!

In my OP, I specifically said, "I am wondering specifically about Wrangler jeans." What part of that did you not understand?

Please don't get offended if I don't care about your Round Butt or Iron Heap jeans. This thread is about WRANGLER jeans. Please stay on topic.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
When I was younger, I wore Levi's. Now that I'm older, Wranglers are more comfortable.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I like Carhartts and buy mostly from Sierra Trading Post.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I switched to Wranglers about 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Much better fit, much longer-wearing and the politics don't piss me off.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
The first pair of jeans I ever bought were Levis. They cost $5 at some store in Ann Arbor. That's all I wore in my youth when I had a slim / athletic build.

Then I "grew" and also got disgusted with Levi's politics so I tried Wranglers. They just didn't fit my build. After trying all the others, I found Carhartts are cut just right for me. The cost is a little high compared to the prices quoted here.

After reading this thread, I will have to find a store where I can try on a pair of Wranglers.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2084 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Wranglers have worked for me for a number of years now. Bought my size from Amazon and they fit just fine.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Various cowgirls:
"Wrangler butts drive me nuts!!"

YMMV. Wink

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
The Cowboy Cut Wranglers are pretty thick, stiff, heavy duty denim and take a long time to “break in”. They are cut too small through the thighs to fit my hind legs. I’d suggest you go to Walmart and try that style on before ordering them.

Wrangler also offers a style cut similar to the Levi 501, but with a better shape to the crotch. I buy them at Walmart. They’re under $20 if I remember correctly. The denim is more flexible and comfortable than the Cowboy Cut denim, but still is durable.

Have you tried the 31MWZ? That's their relaxed fit version of the 13MWZ. I have large thighs and those fit me very well and very comfortably. Yes they are stiff in the beginning but they break in fairly quickly.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
All I've ever worn besides bibs. My company even supplies flame resistant rated 13MWZ.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post