SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Opinion on Wrangler Jeans?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion on Wrangler Jeans? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

Where does one go find Wranglers? .

Many of the western or feed stores will carry them. I buy them from the Vanity Fair outlet store

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I went out at lunch today to a Target nearby and tried on a pair of Regular Fit (9TRGCMN, if I have my numbers straight), and a pair of Straight Fit (95STTWI). I think I like the Straight fit better, as the Regular fit is almost too roomy. They didn't have a 31 waist with a 32 inseam, so I couldn't have bought a pair even if I'd wanted. $19.99 for the Regular Fit, $21.99 for the Straight Fit.

I'm hoping to get to a Wally World to see what they've got.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Where does one go find Wranglers? Someone said Wally World. I rarely shop at Walmart, but there is one within reach (natch!).

I buy mine on Amazon. The sizes are true to whatever your pants size is. Amazon even has "prime wardrobe" where you get free returns up to 7 days if it doesn't fit.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
I always wore Levi's and Wranglers never fit me right or felt comfortable.

Levi's don't fit me as well in my older age and have gone out of sight price wise and anymore I wear Wal-Mart or JC Pennys brand cheapos.

I would also 2nd the opinion on the JC Penny private label brand, Arizona. However since the OP topic was specifically Wrangler, I did not mention them. I have liked these for years also.

I refuse to pay high dollar for jeans with multiple other options out there.

Posts: 796 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another fan of Wrangler jeans here. I especially appreciate the flex waistband for iwb carry. I order direct from Wrangler online and always get a discount coupon with each order to apply to the next.

No stores near me carry the styles I like. Have only had to return one pair as the length was mismarked and they were way too long. Hassle free experience.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
“Texas Jeans” have similar cuts, and are made in the US. (In NC.)

Posts: 5739 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The 13MWZs (the real cowboy jeans) are also a little high-waisted. Some of the other styles have a lower rise.

This isn't good or bad, but you should know and get the ones you like.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The 13MWZs (the real cowboy jeans) are also a little high-waisted. Some of the other styles have a lower rise.
I believe higher-waisted is better for IWB carry (as your pants have further to fall). But, they don't come in relaxed fit.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan of jeans period. However, I wear Wrangler cargo pants and love them.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Another guy here who has worn Wrangler for many years. I always buy the Relaxed Fit style with just a regular cut. Good jeans and tough as nails.

Having said all that Smile...I have found out that Carhart jeans are actually much better made and actually fit me better. They are a little more money but I am slowly shifting over to them because of the fit.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post