SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone participating in the GameStop short squeeze?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone participating in the GameStop short squeeze? Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by ElusivePeon:
The folks who had RH forcibly sell their positions in GME probably purchased those shares on margin.

They have been closing out and force selling others who were not on margin. I don't see how anyone would ever use RobinHood again after this.

I certainly will not. I’m not sure where I’ll go yet but I’m definitely done with RobinHood.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm closing my Robinhood account. I opened it while I was practicing and shopping brokerages, but I'm closing it to send a message.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere that Citadel donated to one of the Biden SEC admins campaign.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39756 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

Worse than that. Janet Yellen, the incoming Treasury Secretary, received over $800,000 in speaking fees from Citadel.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This GME Sea Shanty song is pretty excellent.

"The Tendieman." Haha. I'm assuming that's in reference to eating chicken tenders.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^
Lets not get this thread locked. Politics.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This GME Sea Shanty song is pretty excellent.

"The Tendieman." Haha. I'm assuming that's in reference to eating chicken tenders.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7xTCPnyK4Fs" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Gains are called "Tendies" in reference to chicken tenders.

Like, the chicken tenders you no longer have to give blowjobs behind a Wendy's for when you make "Tendies."

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:

Worse than that. Janet Yellen, the incoming Treasury Secretary, received over $800,000 in speaking fees from Citadel.

That's it! I saw that.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39756 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:

Ken Griffin is a well-known Republican, but Citadel, being in the business it is in, tends to play both sides for practicality.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^
Lets not get this thread locked. Politics.

This story is very much intertwined with politics. Make no mistake about that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes it is. Every story. The donations are no surprise and these Wall Street guys will spend money wherever they need to. The story is about Market Manipulation in my mind.

These guys could not hold a candle to Ivan Boesky and Michael Milliken back in the day.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes it is. Every story. The donations are no surprise and these Wall Street guys will spend money wherever they need to. The story is about Market Manipulation in my mind.

These guys could not hold a candle to Ivan Boesky and Michael Milliken back in the day.

Or Joe Kennedy

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stu1000rr
posted Hide Post
This was one of the more well written rants on Reddit /Wallstreetbets

It's a "$17 stock" because... **you fucking assholes shorted it 140% of the total existing stocks**.

That's what fucking outrageous. They're literally trying to say its worth whatever *they* say it is, and working overtime to prohibit any other buyers from offering contradictory opinions with their own dollars.

Nothing in existence has tangible value. The entire principle of a market is that a thing is worth what a person will pay for it. Do *I* think it's fucking preposterous people buy a Beanie baby with a mispelled tag for $100,000? I sure fucking do, but **because someone will pay 100k for it, that's what it's fucking worth**.

It doesn't fucking matter why we want the stock. If we want it, the price goes higher. That's it. GameStop is worth whatever the fuck people will pay for it. End of fucking story.

Maybe I want to buy 100 shares and print out my certificate of ownership and hang it on some fucked up wall in my garage with an altar to the almighty God of Videogames and derive catharsis and pleasure from my symbolic ownership of a small piece of His Divine Body.

Is that fucking insane? Possibly, **but I get to fucking buy it if I want it because that's how this whole fucking shit works**. People build multi-million dollar churches and tithe 10% of their paychecks to a church that worships an invisible sky man. *I* don't believe in any of it, but you know what, **they fucking do**, and so if they want to build a big church and throw their money at shirtless crucifix dude, **fucking go for it**, this is America you buy what you want because you fucking want to and you have a bunch of slips of paper everyone else agrees are worth something.

Melvin's CEO bought **the most expensive house in America**. 100 million dollars. For a place he almost certainly barely ever sees.

Is **that a completely fucking idiotic thing to do**? Is that bunch of drywall and plaster that he won't even habitate worth $100 million dollars?

*I* sure as fucking shit don't think so. He could have built a hospital or a school or a giant lake to store all his tears in, but he bought what he wanted, because he wanted it, because he had a bunch of paper that someone else agreed was worth his shitty overpriced house.

What, am I not allowed, if I have the money, to buy a failing business and restore it, regardless of whether or not it will thrive? Its our fucking money. There's no immutable truth to the value of a business. The entire fucking marketplace floats on faith. Faith tomorrow will be better than today. Faith that a business will build cooler things tomorrow than they do today. No one has any fucking clue for real. Certainly not these fucking assholes with supercomputers and Ivy-lead quantheads.

Because if they did know better, **they wouldn't have gotten fucked with their pants down by a message board**.

A chess grandmaster never loses a game to an idiot. It just doesn't happen, in a pure vaccuum. There's no factor of luck involvd. The master is magnitudes better than the idiot and there's no moves the idiot can make that the master will be unable to see coming and unable to combat.

But Melvin *did* get fucking crushed. By a guy with a laptop posting his thesis on WSB. So Melvin's not a grandmaster. They just *make their own luck* by owning the fucking gameboard and pretending like its all because of how clever they are.

If a bunch of idiots with phones and a couple bucks can upend the entire fucking system by exploiting a catastrophically fucking stupid series of bets by billion dollar companies with potentially infinite losses, **then maybe they don't have any fucking clue what any company is really worth either**.

So-called "analysts" and other Wall Street propagandists are convincing people that these institutions *can't* be allowed to fail, because they're just *so wealthy* that their implosion would level our entire economy, so we *have* to fuck over millions of retail investors, for the good of the world!

But if the system has no constraints against a handful of rich fucks placing bets with *infinite potential downside* on the demise of a mall-based video game retailer, with sums of money that can apparently catalyze the end of the global economy, and that series of dominoes can be upended by some people tossing their couch change at that stock through an app, then maybe, just maybe, **this system is totally fucked and completely unrepresentative of any actual human being**.

Remember, these hedge fund imbeciles are the same fucking idiots who shorted Tesla for years. And the cars are still cool, the spaceships still go vroom, and the owner is the world's richest man. It wasn't a *good* move, they just thought it *couldn't fail* because they'd locked all the doors and shut all the windows. That's what they do. They aren't intelligent or wise, they don't have any good fucking ideas and they offer **no tangible value to anyone** except other already-rich fucks that get a hardon looking at the accumulation of meaningless numbers representing a sum of money they'll never even use.

Maybe, just maybe, these people, the Melvins, the Seqoias, the Citadels, *maybe* in reality they're just as fucking stupid as everyone else, but with a lot more money in one bank account to be fucking stupid *with*, and a total lack of any constraints to stop them from being complete fucking dickfaces.

Posts: 265 | Location: Southwest Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or Joe Kennedy
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hahaha Bootlegging too!

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Eloquent and succinct. I like it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Epic rant.

posted Hide Post
Rant with minimum of profanity!!

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rant with minimum of profanity!!

Profanity is like a little salt on a cookie. A little bit makes it fantastic.

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Meanwhile GME up 70% in after hours trading. Should be another entertaining day tomorrow.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
https://isthesqueezesquoze.com/

The resourcefulness of Redditors abound.