SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Mine just came arrived Big Grin .

I have it charging, busy so that's about all I have time for but one thing I see right away I might not like... (but haven't read the instructions completly) is that it doesn't seem to have any memory. Regardless of what I do it always comes on on the lowest setting, requires four clicks of the button to get to turbo mode... Maybe thats SOP on these type lights?

Also note the charging cable is only 18 inches tip to tip...

Wow, that was quick. Usually their lights have a memory of last brightness level. Hopefully it is just that it is not fully charged. I won’t be very happy if it always defaults to lowest level. I keep mine set on the brightness level I want it to be on when I turn it on.

It sounds like from the description it might be a one button light not two. Most one button lights you need to cycle through.

Is it one or two buttons?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

I have it charging, busy so that's about all I have time for but one thing I see right away I might not like... (but haven't read the instructions completly) is that it doesn't seem to have any memory. Regardless of what I do it always comes on on the lowest setting, requires four clicks of the button to get to turbo mode... Maybe thats SOP on these type lights?

Wow, that was quick. Usually their lights have a memory of last brightness level. Hopefully it is just that it is not fully charged. I won’t be very happy if it always defaults to lowest level. I keep mine set on the brightness level I want it to be on when I turn it on.

It sounds like from the description it might be a one button light not two. Most one button lights you need to cycle through.

One button like my RC09 which is a rechargeable also. It always starts up in the low mode. It doesn't bother me because I usually only need the low light for what I'm using it for. If I need more light it only takes a second to change it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
quote:
quote:

One button like my RC09 which is a rechargeable also. It always starts up in the low mode. It doesn't bother me because I usually only need the low light for what I'm using it for. If I need more light it only takes a second to change it.

Jim

That is true it doesn’t take long to change brightness. I just like to have the light on my nightstand to be on high brightness so if something goes bump in the night I have my desired brightness with one click. I am not going to boycott them if I have to click 3-4 times to get to desired brightness. All of my normal use of their flash is on the lowest setting.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is true it doesn’t take long to change brightness. I just like to have the light on my nightstand to be on high brightness so if something goes bump in the night I have my desired brightness with one click. I am not going to boycott them if I have to click 3-4 times to get to desired brightness. All of my normal use of their flash is on the lowest setting.

I'm out. Glad I didn't order one. I prefer two button operation. Not going to boycott or anything, just stick to the manual of arms I am used to. I'll just wait until the new emitter is put into a light I prefer.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Jim

All you have to do is hold the button down for 2 seconds and the strobe comes into play at the highest lumen. You're making an issue where one doesn't exist.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I don’t have a major issue with it. I know I will enjoy the flashlight no matter what. Just if I had my preference, it would be that it held the memory of the last brightness level.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My relatively amateur, as far as pocket led lights go, review.

NOPE... FAIL. (For me, YMMV)

Takes 5... FIVE clicks to get full bright, and the 1st one must be 1/2 sec press and hold, THEN, 4 more clicks to get to turbo.

You can't just click it off... To turn off requires a 1/2 sec press.

Press and hold for 1.2 sec = Full strobe. One click more takes it two lowest power.

2 clicks within 1/2 a sec Locks / unlocks it. That I think is very annoying, especially if you accidentally, or forgot you locked it.

The 1.2 second to full strobe does not work if the light is "locked" mode.

A nice feature...
The 1.2 second to full strobe does activate from any status... as long as the light isn't locked off. For example. If using the light at medium (or any other power) a 1.2 sec press jumps full strobe.

One IMO design flaw...
The charge port and on off button feel almost the same and are in the same position, just 180 degrees on opposite sides so it is difficult to tell by feel witch one to press if in the dark or without looking to see...

It is very noticeably brighter than my next brightest 1000 LM light.

LOW will be quite useful a lot of the time.

ON turbo it gets hot, quick, (maybe no real surprise) but the button is right under / beside almost, the LED. After only 10 or 15 seconds on full power it gets hot enough you want to move your hand back away from the business end to the rear... and after 3 or 4 min the "cool" end reaches ~100 degrees and the "hot end around 130. (measured via an inferred gun) It feels like it will almost burn you when you have to press the button.

The strobe alternatives 2 speeds. Two seconds very very fast and then two seconds much slower, over and over.

Question... How good is their return policy??

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Ordered Apr 27, Got email from Pending to Shipped this morning.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Cancelled my order, I already have a flashlight that I have to cycle through 5 different brightness levels and strobe on one switch.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeaCliff:
Ordered Apr 27, Got email from Pending to Shipped this morning.

I did too. No arrival date listed but at least it's on the way.

Jim

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I too got an e-mail today saying the status has updated to “shipped.” Not too happy to see Cparktd’s review, but I still want to check it out. It may not end up being an every day carry light based on his review, but I can still put it to use.

posted Hide Post
Mine showed up Friday and I'm pleased with the purchase. It will work great for all intended purposes.

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
mine shipped today....we’ll see how I like it....not as encouraged after the whole startup is on lowest setting....all my other Fenix lights remember the last setting they were on

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Mine shipped today - along with a fancy new headlamp. Both my old 4Sevens one and my old Zebralight one died recently. Looking forward to them.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks a bunch for putting me in the poor house.

After last month’s million mag march purchase of standard capacity mags into California.

And the Caliber Conversion Kit from here for a gift for my brother and now this.

I have really got to get wife something nice for Mother’s Day.

And then something for her Mom.

Oh I forgot the high school graduation gift for our youngest daughter.

Oh Boy there goes my Summer Beer Money!!! Frown

Thanks again. Roll Eyes

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
It arrived. Seems like a VERY well made light.

I also received an email from Primary Arms, the Fenix PD35 V2.0 is on sale for $51.99. You won’t see that price until it’s in your cart though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: badcopnodonut!!,

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Got it last night. Like it. 5 clicks don't bother me.
Brightest one I have. Compact.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Mine showed up yesterday and I'm liking it. !,600 lumens is BRIGHT! I think I'll make it my EDC light to replace the RC09 because the strobe is a weapon, it's so bright and debilitating.

Jim

SF Jake
posted Hide Post
mine showed up yesterday. I agree, it’s pretty damn bright...blinding actually and the strobe will certainly disorient anyone dumb enough to look at it. It does have to be stepped up its stages in brightness starting at lowest setting each time you turn it on....my other Fenixes have the memory of what it’s last brightness was when it was used....so, this one will still serve a purpose as a backup, it’s the typical Fenix quality made light. Overall....I do like it.

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I got mine yesterday and I am happy with it. I wish it wasn’t just one button, I wish it had tail cap switch, and wish it stayed on last brightness level. Despite those wishes, I think it is a good light and bright as hell. Overall I am happy with it.