SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Backordered till July Mad

Oh wow that sucks, just saw they updated that the next batch of orders will be released in July. They probably got more orders than they were expecting.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Still in my cart. Glad I didn't order. Just spent a bunch of money for drainage project next weekend. I'd be pissed to spend the money then wait.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe the coolest thing I found on Fenix's website is the 18650 batteries that have a micro-USB port built into the battery for charging off a normal USB charger (and can also still be charged in a normal 18650 charger). I hadn't seen that before - with the E30R it obviously wouldn't be necessary, but I have a bunch of other stuff that uses 18650 batteries and these could easily be charged on trips with a phone charger I would already have with me.

I bought one of these small chargers but haven't received it yet:
Fenix ARE-X11 18650 Battery Charging Kit
https://www.fenix-store.com/fe...attery-charging-kit/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24121 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Maybe the coolest thing I found on Fenix's website is the 18650 batteries that have a micro-USB port built into the battery for charging off a normal USB charger (and can also still be charged in a normal 18650 charger). I hadn't seen that before - with the E30R it obviously wouldn't be necessary, but I have a bunch of other stuff that uses 18650 batteries and these could easily be charged on trips with a phone charger I would already have with me.

I bought one of these small chargers but haven't received it yet:
Fenix ARE-X11 18650 Battery Charging Kit
https://www.fenix-store.com/fe...attery-charging-kit/

The nice thing about those (I have a similar two batteries one) is that a 3500 mAh battery is exactly enough to fully charge a cell phone. One downside is that it won't fully drain the battery, so you don't get the full 3500 on the one I have. Let me know once you read the owners manual or packaging if it says something about that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
How many charges can I legitimately expect out of a 3500 mAh battery? The website says 500.
quote:
500 Charge Cycles: A properly maintained ARB-L18 battery is designed to retain up to 75% of its original capacity at 500 full charge and discharge cycles.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24121 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
How many charges can I legitimately expect out of a 3500 mAh battery? The website says 500.
quote:
500 Charge Cycles: A properly maintained ARB-L18 battery is designed to retain up to 75% of its original capacity at 500 full charge and discharge cycles.

I was wondering when using it as a charger for charging phone or other devices if you can get the full charge out of battery to device, the one I have will only do 80% or so by design for some reason. I wouldn't trust the 500 cycles. I don't count, but I've had failures prematurely, a couple with relatively new Fenix batteries, probably bad luck. I use some Fenix and some Tenergy, Fenix in my small sample size fail more often.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wouldn't trust the 500 cycles. I don't count, but I've had failures prematurely, a couple with relatively new Fenix batteries, probably bad luck.

Well, this battery + the charger were about the price of 3 of the 10-Pack of Tenergy Propel CR123A Batteries.
So, if it lasts longer than 30 cycles I should be ahead of the game.

-rduckwor

Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I’ve been using one particular Fenix flashlight with its 18650 for at least 4 years as my primary light working at night and haven’t worn it out yet.

I’m sold.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Has anyone been informed that their order has been bumped to the 2nd rollout in July? I'm assuming I'm good for the May 7th release since I haven't gotten a new email stating otherwise. I hope that is true because my CC has already been charged.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
As this mornings email i'm now, Pending.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeaCliff:

me too....what the hell does that mean???

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
quote:
Originally posted by SeaCliff:

me too....what the hell does that mean???

Like being at DMV with number 89 and now serving number 13. Cool

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well I just checked my email and got the pending notice as well. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too got a bunch other stuff. Oh well it's not I don't have enough flashlights already no big deal. I actually think the E18r will fit better for edc.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Just got an email that mine has shipped.

Ordered 4/26 ~8:00 PM

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Just got an email that mine has shipped.

Ordered 4/26 ~8:00 PM

I ordered the same day and I’m still “pending”.....they must like you better Big Grin

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Shipping USPS. Delivery expected 5/2.

So they executed the upgrade to free 3 day shipping as stated.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine on 4/26 and it says “pending” so I assume that is pending shipment. My sales involve said the expected shipping would be 5/7. I would assume anyone who ordered and they would be in the second group would have their invoice say the expected shipping would be July, but maybe not.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Mine just came arrived Big Grin .

I have it charging, busy so that's about all I have time for but one thing I see right away I might not like... (but haven't read the instructions completly) is that it doesn't seem to have any memory. Regardless of what I do it always comes on on the lowest setting, requires four clicks of the button to get to turbo mode... Maybe thats SOP on these type lights?

Also note the charging cable is only 18 inches tip to tip...

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Mine just came arrived Big Grin .

I have it charging, busy so that's about all I have time for but one thing I see right away I might not like... (but haven't read the instructions completly) is that it doesn't seem to have any memory. Regardless of what I do it always comes on on the lowest setting, requires four clicks of the button to get to turbo mode... Maybe thats SOP on these type lights?

Also note the charging cable is only 18 inches tip to tip...

Wow, that was quick. Usually their lights have a memory of last brightness level. Hopefully it is just that it is not fully charged. I won’t be very happy if it always defaults to lowest level. I keep mine set on the brightness level I want it to be on when I turn it on.