SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight Login/Join 
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
OK I'll bite. Ordered.
This will be the highest lumen and my first Fenix.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Tried my new Fenix UC30 tonight. This is on high and the tree in the middle of the photo is 90 yards away at my fence line.

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Flashlights have come a LONG way over time.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SeaCliff:
OK I'll bite. Ordered.
This will be the highest lumen and my first Fenix.

You will not be disappointed.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
When are they going to start making weapon mounted lights? Surefire (especially) and Streamlight need to step their product-pricing value up because I imagine Fenix is putting a hurting into their sales.

If Surefire wasn't providing lights to military, I imagine they would be in some financial trouble now. While their products are great, I don't find them to be of great value.

Posts: 13118 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Wish I could turn my Surefire E2E into an LED ... without a huge aftermarket bulb end.

The replacement heads even though high quality are price prohibitive. https://malkoffdevices.com/col...-e2-and-scout-lights

Might as well buy a new light..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
The tk75 on high power is so bright you can look into it in broad daylight on a sunny day.
It is equal o 6x's of halogen car lights

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8357 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
When are they going to start making weapon mounted lights? Surefire (especially) and Streamlight need to step their product-pricing value up because I imagine Fenix is putting a hurting into their sales.

If Surefire wasn't providing lights to military, I imagine they would be in some financial trouble now. While their products are great, I don't find them to be of great value.

I use PD35TAC lights on most of my black rifles. I use the ALG-01 light mount. Never had a problem with them. For $13 bucks, the mounts are a bargain. The tape switch (Remote Pressure Switch AER102?) for $19 bucks works nicely to complete the package.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Damn you to hell.Big Grin I may need to come out of retirement and go back to work because of guys like you. This forum is costing me money. Smile Just ordered mine to go along with all the other flashlights I already have.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

I use PD35TAC lights on most of my black rifles. I use the ALG-01 light mount. Never had a problem with them. For $13 bucks, the mounts are a bargain. The tape switch (Remote Pressure Switch AER102?) for $19 bucks works nicely to complete the package.

H&K-Guy

A lot of the guys on our regional SWAT team are using the Fenix PD35tac as their weapon mounted light on their ARs....they work great!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crue-dell:
Just ordered one. I'm sure they are going to trace all the traffic back to this forum Smile

I used to be an affiliate, my link/discount code was used there a lot. If they didn't cancel the program I would have posted the link and you guys could have bought me one with my kickbacks.

Yes they can tell where the traffic comes from. I've posted pics from my wife's site on here and she's showed me a chart of a spike in traffic right after and where that traffic came from. No clue how it works, but someone watches that stuff.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one, too.

Maybe the coolest thing I found on Fenix's website is the 18650 batteries that have a micro-USB port built into the battery for charging off a normal USB charger (and can also still be charged in a normal 18650 charger). I hadn't seen that before - with the E30R it obviously wouldn't be necessary, but I have a bunch of other stuff that uses 18650 batteries and these could easily be charged on trips with a phone charger I would already have with me.

It's a great idea, and somehow they managed to cram the port and charging circuit into a 3500 mAh battery without reducing the capacity at all.

https://www.fenix-store.com/fe...i-ion-18650-battery/

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
It's ridiculous what Fenix comes out with.

I agree. I have owned Olight, Maglight, Surefire, and Fenix. By far I think Fenix is the best. I have never had a problem with a Fenix flashlight and they are the cheaper priced of the bunch, but I have had problems with the others. Fenix for me for now on.

I have had problems, three times. All were fixed quickly. I abuse the shit out of my flashlights though. I've dropped them from heights greater than 20', washed them, beaten (nudged) things with them, dropped them in puddles, sump pumps, and all manner of dust, dirt, sand, drywall dust, and insulation. I've also used the in temps from teens to over 100°. They are tough as hell, but you can breaker them.

The hardest part is reaching someone to get RMA, they do not have a call center or anything just a couple of people.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20825 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Decided to snag 1, just under $64 with the 20% and free shipping Big Grin I have been carrying my Fenix P3D for a little over 10 years now and it has been great, so hopefully this one is as well. I love that it is rechargeable. I find it annoying trying to find the 123 batteries in regular stores. I am hoping battery life doesn't deplete too much over time and after recharging a few times. I'll probably end up using the low 150 lumen setting 99% of the time, so if it lasts for over 17 hours of occasional use, I'll be very happy.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Letterkenny coach holding a PD 35...."FUCKING EMBARASSING!"

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Damn you to hell.Big Grin I may need to come out of retirement and go back to work because of guys like you. This forum is costing me money. Smile Just ordered mine to go along with all the other flashlights I already have.

Big Grin

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maladat:
I just ordered one, too.

Maybe the coolest thing I found on Fenix's website is the 18650 batteries that have a micro-USB port built into the battery for charging off a normal USB charger (and can also still be charged in a normal 18650 charger). I hadn't seen that before - with the E30R it obviously wouldn't be necessary, but I have a bunch of other stuff that uses 18650 batteries and these could easily be charged on trips with a phone charger I would already have with me.

It's a great idea, and somehow they managed to cram the port and charging circuit into a 3500 mAh battery without reducing the capacity at all.

https://www.fenix-store.com/fe...i-ion-18650-battery/

I use that USB battery on my other lights that take that battery and love it.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Sorry, guys. WML as in something like the TLR series from Streamlight. I wish Fenix would come out with something like that to really put the competition on notice. Competition is good for the consumer.

Posts: 13118 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
I must have 20 Fenix lights. I pre-ordered a E30R as soon as I got the email...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
I knew I wanted one....teased everyone here....finally gave in and ordered --------Backordered till July Mad

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post