SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Fenix E30R Compact Flashlight Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cgode:
ordered.....doesn’t help i’m an existing customer there and already have an account...Gee, I wonder why! Eek made it that much easier to spend more money...thanks storminNormin! you owe me a beer!

You betcha! Next time I am in southern Connecticut I will buy you the fanciest beer ever. I would not hold your breath though as that is one of the few states I have never been to. Razz

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
1 hr and 27 mn at turbo 1600 lumens? Are you kidding me?!!

Yes, they are.

I don't know why flashlight manufacturers are allowed to get away advertising things like this. It's almost as misleading as the water resistance ratings watch manufacturers use. E.g., a watch rated as water-resistant to 50m will not come anywhere close to realistically functioning at 50m underwater.

Any light that has a Turbo mode can hold Turbo for ~5 min before the capacitor overheats and throttles back light output. You could probably get over an hour of output on High (800 lm), but I might be over-optimistic.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
Yep. I hate you all too! Just ordered one.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 569 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:

Yes, they are.

I don't know why flashlight manufacturers are allowed to get away advertising things like this. It's almost as misleading as the water resistance ratings watch manufacturers use. E.g., a watch rated as water-resistant to 50m will not come anywhere close to realistically functioning at 50m underwater.

Any light that has a Turbo mode can hold Turbo for ~5 min before the capacitor overheats and throttles back light output. You could probably get over an hour of output on High (800 lm), but I might be over-optimistic.

No disrespect, but how can you say they are misleading people when no one even has one yet? Technology improves at lightning pace. Maybe you are correct, or maybe they are. I guess we will find out.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
so my pd32 tac is now a dinosaur great ? just what I need another flashlight . dammit.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I have a Fenix P1D I've carried for a good while and forgot it in my pocket and wash and dried it twice. Still works like knew.
And I have a Fenix E12 that has been my EDC for a couple years.

I ordered a new Fenix UC30 and got it in the mail today. That joker is bright.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I've had one Fenix light stolen out of my truck and I lost another. Someone will have a really nice flashlight when they find this one.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes, they are.

In one of the pictures they add the disclaimer (following the *) that it is total time measured according to temperature tolerances, not consecutive output.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
quote:
quote:

Yes, they are.

In one of the pictures they add the disclaimer (following the *) that it is total time measured according to temperature tolerances, not consecutive output.

That makes sense. I wouldn’t see why someone would need it constantly on turbo that long. I could see it left on eco as a light source in a power outage.

posted Hide Post
Even though I just purchased two UC35's, I couldn't pass up checking out this new E30R. I can't believe that they aren't charging a premium price for a new product! Although I do like the moonlight feature on the UC35, which the E30R does not appear to have. 1600 lumens! this thing goes to 11!

SF sure is expensive to visit, this after two cases of Sig .357 from the notice in the classifieds about police buy-back deal.

Thanks guys, I really do enjoy all the knowledge.

Posts: 437 | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I saw this but money is really tight. It's ridiculous what Fenix comes out with.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I just hope that Sigforum isn't a beta testing group for Fenix. Smile They're just saying that the release date is 5/7 but no estimated delivery date. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it. This will make 7 Fenix lights for me.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered one. I'm sure they are going to trace all the traffic back to this forum Smile

Posts: 341 | Location: Bardstown, Ky | Registered: December 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Wish I could turn my Surefire E2E into an LED ... without a huge aftermarket bulb end.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I’ve put off buying a Fenix until now. Thanks.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
It's ridiculous what Fenix comes out with.

I agree. I have owned Olight, Maglight, Surefire, and Fenix. By far I think Fenix is the best. I have never had a problem with a Fenix flashlight and they are the cheaper priced of the bunch, but I have had problems with the others. Fenix for me for now on.

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I have a fenix TK32 and it blows away my surefire....

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
I have a fenix TK32 and it blows away my surefire....

I forgot to also add Streamlight to the list. I bought a Surefire Titan and thought it would be great, but I began having functionality problems after a few months and never got a response from their customer service. Buying that flashlight was a complete waste of money.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I DO NOT NEED another Fenix but what the hell, I'm in too.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have five of the little E01 lights stashed around the house. Perfect for Skulking around the house in the dark. My main requirement is that the AA & AAA Batteries are rechargeable. We also have several AA Fenix lights(130 lumens)for hunting dust bunnies while vacuuming. 130 lumens is certainly a lot of light considering that the Sure Fire Tac Light was 60 lumens of Incandescent light that gobbled up expensive bulbs and batteries. Now LED technology has advanced leaps and bounds. Your new light really looks interesting!

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post