SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2019 Baseball Playoffs...
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Baseball Playoffs... Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Game 2, let's do it boys.
Go 'Stros!

Edit: A great day.
Bottas wins in Japan, Penguins win & Astros tie the ALCS with an 11th inning HR.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Stro's and Carlos Carrea. What a game! Walk off in the bottom of 11! Now move forward with sending them Yankees home for good.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Congrats to the Stro's and Carlos Carrea. What a game! Walk off in the bottom of 11! Now move forward with sending them Yankees home for good.

Fingers crossed. Cole's up tomorrow.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Wow. Cards might not even win one game in this series. Already getting blown out in the first inning.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Yeah, hard to win when you can't hit the ball. Guess I will root for the Nats.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Wow. Cards might not even win one game in this series. Already getting blown out in the first inning.

Reminds of game 7 1985 world series

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Baseball is a funny game and it's not over until out #27, but it looks like the Cards have run out of gas...

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3481 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thirty seven times in LCS play a team went up 3-0. Only 7 times of those 37 has there been a game 5. It appears that ratio will go to 38 and 7.The Nats are firing on all cylinders and will be able to align a rested pitching staff. MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I've never witnessed a complete meltdown like this before.

It all started with that stupid slide by Ozuna in game 3.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
If I'm dreaming, please don't wake me up!

I've so expected the Nats to somehow blow it that I'm holding my breath.

But holy cow, bottom of the 4th and Corbin has already registered 10 Ks and the Nats exploded for a 7-1 lead.

I can't pop the champagne yet, cause "it ain't over until it's over," but damn this looks and feels good!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
If I'm dreaming, please don't wake me up!

I've so expected the Nats to somehow blow it that I'm holding my breath.

But holy cow, bottom of the 4th and Corbin has already registered 10 Ks and the Nats exploded for a 7-1 lead.

I can't pop the champagne yet, cause "it ain't over until it's over," but damn this looks and feels good!
Your not dreaming and your manager helped the Cubs break a 108 year drought and might bring a WS championship to the Nationals. An overlooked matchup weakness of the Cards when they play a dominant right handed staff is lack of Left handed hitters.MG

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wow, the Nationals are just playing scary good baseball right now. And IMO their pitching is the best of all the teams left in the hunt. At the beginning of the playoffs I was thinking the Nat's were going to be knocked out early and the Yankees were a shoe in to win it all. Now my money is on the Nat's against whoever comes out of the ALCS (and it isn't looking like the Yankees right now).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
The Nationals with their first appearance in the world series. Good luck to them, they earned it. I will be rooting for them.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
First Nats World Series!
I'll be rooting for them too.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Another Curly W is in the books.

World Series here we come with well rested pitchers and hot bats. I can't believe it. 19-31 ----> WS Smile

Go Nats go!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The postgame on-camera gang made a good point: In order for the Nats to stay hot, they should probably continue a workout schedule rather than take the week off. The rest will be good for the pitching staff, but batting and fielding practice should continue so the Nats don't lose their edge.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
The postgame on-camera gang made a good point: In order for the Nats to stay hot, they should probably continue a workout schedule rather than take the week off. The rest will be good for the pitching staff, but batting and fielding practice should continue so the Nats don't lose their edge.

I'm sure there's going to be a little BP and Fielding work.

The pitchers rest is key. Davey is going to get any order he wants since all will be rested and he doesn't have to plan for next series.

I'm so freaking excited.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

Them Walgreens boys should just take a few days off & wait for Houston to come to town Wink

posted Hide Post
Washington definitely has some momentum. 3 solid starters, and clutch hitters. Whether it's Houston or New York, they better bring their A game. I like Houston's chances after taking the 1st one in NY.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post