SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First charges filed in Mueller investigation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First charges filed in Mueller investigation Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
^^^ I once had the pleasure of being interviewed by the FBI, and that is exactly how I remember it. Two agents, one asking all the questions. I don't recall if the second one was writing anything down or not.

They also bought me dinner at Bob Evans. Don't know if that's standard protocol or not. Big Grin

I remember it that way each occasion I was interviewed as well, although I did not have to find out what the note taker actually wrote or whether it varied from what we were saying.

I didn't get a free dinner, either.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 42910 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

I was once told (by an agent) that it is not legal to record an FBI interview/interrogation. BSing me? Certainly possible.

I believe this is true, at least as to FBI policy outside of extraordinary circumstances.

If you are talking voluntarily, and you tell them you will tape it, they can either leave and talk to someone else, or remain, talk and be taped.

Exactly!
There is no law that I'm aware of that precludes you from doing what you can (legally) to protect your rights. Recording or having your lawyer witness the meeting is certainly within your rights. Otherwise, you can just refuse by taking the 5th.
What do you think all the negotiations about going before Congress are about (at least in part).

When I was on the ladder for a national organization we had training on just this subject. The course was taught by two PR firms, one in NYC and the other in Chicago where they came in all full of piss and vinegar and tried to dominate the interview by setting up all sorts of parameters to make you feel uncomfortable and put you in a compromising situation.
The ability to smile and politely refuse to agree to their BS was one of the most interesting things I have learned in business in almost 35 years.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Building high performance custom homes on beautiful Smith Mt. Lake, VA
www.PDandM.com

Posts: 3310 | Location: SML & OBX | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post