SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

Team Mueller and the Predictable “Leak Campaign” – But The Much Bigger Issue is the 40 FBI Agents…
Posted on April 4, 2019 by sundance

Predictably the leftist and highly partisan Mueller Team, in close coordination with Lawfare and their media allies, start trying to shape a narrative. Seriously, I’m not going to waste time on their New York Times article except to say the motive for this effort is self-admitted…. In their own words:

[…] At stake in the dispute — the first evidence of tension between Mr. Barr and the special counsel’s office — is who shapes the public’s initial understanding of one of the most consequential government investigations in American history. Some members of Mr. Mueller’s team are concerned that, because Mr. Barr created the first narrative of the special counsel’s findings, Americans’ views will have hardened before the investigation’s conclusions become public. (link)

Well, there it is…. Sure, we didn’t expect the Mueller team to beg forgiveness for conducting the most ridiculous investigation in modern history; however, I also didn’t expect them to be so honest about the motives. In their own words, they are now admitting: it’s all about politics and maximum political benefit.

Despite the proclaimed reason for the investigation, the greatest concern amid the Mueller team is not whether Russia interfered in the 2016 election; but rather who gets to shape the political narrative that comes after three years of weaponized intelligence ops.

A completely manufactured political operation based on a completely manufactured premise. That is all this is. That is all this ever was; and that is all history will record.

Despite their post-narrative gnashing of teeth; and despite their post-narrative shouting at trees; the totality of their investigative value is synonymous with a team investigating a rabbit-faced baby born with ten-inch ears, because a buck-toothed mom chewed carrots while pregnant.

Same investigative value.

Same investigative outcome.

That’s it. Nothing more.

The real issue that everyone is overlooking is far more serious than tin-foil DOJ lawyers chasing stories of Olaf Mocksonofbitch and his Macedonian meme generating buddies on Facebook….

The real problem we have is outlined in the part of the story everyone will read-over without recognizing,… because we have become immune to the insanity of it.

…[…] It was also unclear how widespread the vexation is among the special counsel team, which included 19 lawyers, about 40 F.B.I. agents and other personnel.

Think about this carefully.

I’m going to skip over the part where everyone recognizes these are the same damned FBI agents investigating Trump in 2016… who transferred into the Mueller team in 2017… to continue the plan into 2018 and 2019. As if that wasn’t alarming enough… I digress.

Forty FBI Agents spent three years investigating whether or not a chicken-faced baby was actually born in a hen house.

Think about this carefully.

Forty FBI agents, spent three years on a mission to eliminate the candidacy and presidency of Donald Trump. Don’t get dragged into the absurdity and travel down their bizarre mirrored path where justification is put through a cognitive blender. Forty FBI Agents spent three years trying to aid a political effort to remove a president.

If you give them the benefit of being sound-minded, we had Forty FBI agents who transparently had to know this was a ridiculously weaponized political operation against the opposing political party of their FBI and DOJ leadership… and they went along with it.

The whole damned thing was/is a ruse.

What exactly would forty FBI agents be investigating?

You can take that insufferably overused qualifier: “we’re not talking about the hard-working FBI field agents here..“, and stuff it. I’m exactly talking about forty transparently corrupt FBI field agents who, according to EVERYONE, participated in an investigation that was transparent political bullsh!t from the beginning….

….And they all did what? Went along with it… that’s what they did.

That aspect doesn’t seem to be appearing anywhere.

That aspect doesn’t seem to be bothering anyone, except me.

That in-your-face truism hasn’t been discussed anywhere amid thousands of hours of pundit conversation, and thousands more column inches dedicated to this fabricated political operation.

Is someone actually going to try and tell me Forty FBI Agents didn’t know the Vast Russian Conspiracy was a bucket of nonsense from, um, at least day #2?..

These are the best investigators in the world? These are the elite investigative units that we count on to investigate serious crimes and avoid terrorist threats?

Who are they? Name them ! Every one of them needs to be named, publicly. We paid for this, don’t we have a right to know the name of every person who participated in this investigation?

With the publication of the report doesn’t President Trump get to confront his accusers, in sunlight? Democrats demand transparency; OK, I’ll play. Make them live up to their own rules…. I want the names of every FBI individual who participated in this investigation.

Again, think about it.

What does forty FBI agents working on this fabricated Russian case for three years tell us about the operational integrity of the FBI as an institution?

https://theconservativetreehou...-agents/#more-162107

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
What does forty FBI agents working on this fabricated Russian case for three years tell us about the operational integrity of the FBI as an institution?

This is why I do not agree that the "rank and file" FBI agents are good guys, and only the leadership is corrupt. Not one of these 40 agents saw this for what it was and blew the whistle? Congress even invited them to come forward and offered them protection.

The FBI has ZERO credibility on any subject. They are completely corrupt, even to this day.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Given the depth and magnitude of the involvement of so many "rank and file" FBI agents, how is it conceivable that any actions, decisions, or information coming from the FBI are trustworthy?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sen Grassley sent a ltr to AG Barr to be sure he knew of some of Mueller's "selective" use of information

I hope Lindsey Graham does as good a job as Grassley did in the Senate Judiciary Comm chair

more info on this at:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...nuendo-papadopoulos/

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mueller's "selective" use of information

Anybody really shocked by this at all? We hear it everyday from the left. They constantly cherry pick the specific words somebody said that "proves their point" while ignoring the words that came both before and after their quote which would paint it in an entirely different light.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I was hoping to find a clip from the scene in "National Treasure" when they're on The Charlotte (beginning of the movie) and Riley started blurting out random words and says, "See...I can do it too". Couldn't find the clip. Anyway, that's what the left does to their sheeple as a1abdj stated. Just blurt out words waaaaay out of context and point to them as if they're the words carved by God on the stone tablets.

It just gets so tiring.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Meuller dossier just replaces the Steele dossier is all. This will keep the Dems busy campaigning on it forever.

Devin Nunes calls it the Meuller dossier.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given the depth and magnitude of the involvement of so many "rank and file" FBI agents, how is it conceivable that any actions, decisions, or information coming from the FBI are trustworthy?

Nothing from the FBI or DOJ is trustworthy.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
It looks like we're about to see what the new AG is made of.

California Rep. Devin Nunes said Sunday he plans to submit eight criminal referrals to the Justice Department this week related to the Obama administration’s handling of the Trump-Russia investigation.

Nunes said on Fox’s “Sunday Morning Futures” that the referrals will be made for alleged leaks of classified information to the media, for manipulating intelligence and for misleading foreign intelligence surveillance court judges regarding the infamous Steele dossier.

Nunes declined to identify the Obama officials who will be subject to the referrals. He said that five of the referrals name specific government officials he believes have lied to Congress, misled Congress or leaked classified information.

“We believe there is a conspiracy to lie to the FISA [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] court, mislead the FISA court, by numerous individuals that all need to be investigated and looked at,” said Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee.

“The second conspiracy one is involving manipulation of intelligence,” said Nunes, adding that “we’ve had a lot of concerns with the way intelligence was used.”

Nunes is also making what he calls a “global leak referral.”

“There are about a dozen highly sensitive, classified information leaks that were given to only a few reporters over the last two and a half plus years,” he said.

“We do believe that we’ve got pretty good information and a pretty good idea of who could be behind these leaks,” Nunes continued.

The Justice Department is not required to open investigations based on congressional referrals, but Nunes said he is willing to meet with Attorney General William Barr to discuss the matter.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...iracy-dossier-leaks/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
In this thread we have discussed at least three very suspicious articles put out by McClatchy.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...linton-russia-probes

House Intelligence Committee ranking member Devin Nunes filed a $150 million lawsuit in Virginia state court against The McClatchy Company and others on Monday, alleging that one of the news agency's reporters conspired with a political operative to derail Nunes' oversight work into the Hillary Clinton campaign and Russian election interference.

In March, Nunes filed a similar $250 million lawsuit alleging defamation against Twitter and one of its users, Republican consultant Liz Mair. In Monday's complaint, Nunes again named Mair as a co-defendant, charging this time that she conspired with McClatchy reporter MacKenzie Mays to spread a variety of untruthful and misleading smears -- including that Nunes "was involved with cocaine and underage prostitutes" -- online and in print.

A spokesperson for McClatchy told Fox News late Monday: "We have no comment and stand behind the strong reporting of The Fresno Bee," the McClatchy-owned publication cited throughout Nunes' lawsuit.

Nunes' new complaint acknowledged the sensitivity of filing a defamation and conspiracy lawsuit against journalists but went on to allege that the defendants had "abandoned the role of journalist, and chose to leverage their considerable power to spread falsehoods and to defame" Nunes for "political and financial gain."

"They need to retract everything they did against me, but they also need to come clean with the American people," Nunes told Fox News' "Hannity" Monday night. "Retract all of their fake news stories. This is part of the broader clean-up. Remember, a few weeks ago, I filed against Twitter -- they're censoring conservatives. McClatchy is one of the worst offenders of this. But we're coming after the rest of them. I think people are beginning to wake up now, I'm serious -- I'm coming to clean up the mess."

The complaint filed on Monday specifically cited a May 23, 2018 article published by the Fresno Bee and written by Mays, entitled, "A yacht, cocaine, prostitutes: Winery partly owned by Nunes sued after fundraiser event."

The article described a lawsuit's allegations of a 2015 party aboard the yacht involving "25 of the Napa Valley-based [Alpha Omega Winery]'s top investors, all men — [who] were openly using what appeared to be cocaine and 'drawing straws' for which sex worker to hire."

That same day, Mays tweeted the article, mentioning Nunes in the same sentence as "cocaine and underage sex workers."

In other articles, McClatchy also referenced Mair, the political operative whose LinkedIn profile included the boast that she "anonymously smears" targets on the Internet. Mair also has said Nunes had "issues" and she was "going after him."

"The fact is, the [Federal Election Commission] is not going to look favorably on a dude who uses his tax-exempt political entity like a personal slush fund, flying himself to Boston to watch them while apparently engaging in no activity relevant to the purpose of the political organization,’ said Liz Mair," read one article published by McClatchy DC Bureau on July 19, 2018. "McClatchy failed to inform readers of Mair’s employment with Mair Strategies, an opposition research company that, in Mair’s own words, 'smears' targets for paying clients," the complaint stated.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
article from NYT today:

Justice Dept. Watchdog’s Review of Russia Inquiry Is Nearly Done, Barr Says

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0...id=nytcore-ios-share

at the very end of the article, there is this:

"The inspector general is also scrutinizing another early source of information for the Russia investigation, the people said: Mr. Horowitz’s investigators have been asking questions about the role of Stefan A. Halper, another F.B.I. informant , and his prior work for the bureau.

Agents involved in the Russia investigation asked Mr. Halper , an American academic who teaches in Britain, to gather information on Mr. Page and George Papadopoulos , another former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser.

Mr. Halper’s contacts have prompted Republicans and the president to incorrectly accuse the F.B.I. of spying on the campaign"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"incorrectly" ?

what do you call it ? A confidential source who keeps hidden he is working for the FBI, and pumps Papadopoulos and Carter Page continuously for info.

spy: a person who secretly collects and reports information on the activities, movements, and plans of an enemy or competitor

The FBI told the FISA court that Page was a Russian agent.

The FBI hammered Papadopoulos and threatened him with charges that would result in 25 years in prison. The FBI now says that Papadopoulos was the reason the counterintel operation was begun. (I really don't believe that. It sounds like an FBI smoke screen)

The implications of Stefan Halper as an FBI spy on the Trump campaign are stunning. They paid Halper to set up Donald Trump. Our tax dollars went from the Obama administration FBI to Halper to trap the Trump campaign.

Am presently reading the Papadopoulos book. Lots of strange things happened to Papadopoulos. Halper was one of those strange encounters.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

adding: CTH put up a post about this same issue w Halper.

They make a great point - some of Halper's spying came before 31 July 2016. Why was the FBI spying on the Trump campaign before the start of the counterintel op ?

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
What a coincidence.

yesterday NYT reports:

Agents involved in the Russia investigation asked Mr. Halper .. to gather information on Mr. Page and George Papadopoulos

Mr. Halper’s contacts have prompted Republicans and the president to incorrectly accuse the F.B.I. of spying on the campaign"

Today:

AG Barr: "I think spying did occur"

(also posted in the President Trump thread)

hint: this is not a coincidence

posted Hide Post
The attempted coup never stopped.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: braillediver,

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10...9-04-11T01%3A13%3A05

Obama DNI James Clapper talking about AG Barr saying the Trump campaign was spied on:

"I thought it was both stunning and scary,"

"I was amazed at that and rather disappointed that the attorney general would say such a thing. The term 'spying' has all kinds of negative connotations and I have to believe he chose that term deliberately."

Clapper warned that instead of focusing on addressing the investigation's impetus of Russian election meddling, "we're focusing on this circus about whether or not somebody was spying on the campaign, which is, I think, a gross misstatement,"

Congressional Democrats fumed Wednesday over Barr's statements, accusing the attorney general of mischaracterizing the FBI's counterintelligence investigation

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"a gross misstatement"

"mischaracterizing"

When the Obama administration FBI/CIA spied on the Trump campaign, they prefer to call it an "investigation"

But it was actually much worse than the way we normally think of "spying".

Spying would just be finding out things about the opposition.

What it strongly appears to be is that the Obama administration tried to trap and frame Trump campaign workers.

crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
I think AG Barr has these commies scared to death. They know they're not dealing with Sessions.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Clapper warned that instead of focusing on addressing the investigation's impetus of Russian election meddling, "we're focusing on this circus about whether or not somebody was spying on the campaign, which is, I think, a gross misstatement,"

Me thinks he doth protest too much. Just sayin'.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Me thinks he doth protest too much. Just sayin'.....

I do believe that Clapper is right, he and the rest of the Obummer conies weren't spying on the Trump campaign they were spying directly on Trump, hence the gross misstatement. Wink

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Don't be silly. They meant well, and that's why it wasn't spying. Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
I think AG Barr has these commies scared to death. They know they're not dealing with Sessions.

I also suspect that many of these GDCs are not sleeping well at night. They had the power, thought they would never be caught, and now they will pay for their misdeeds. This is very similar to Saddam Hussein's high position and downfall, gross abuse of power and he thought it would never end.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:

I also suspect that many of these GDCs are not sleeping well at night. They had the power, thought they would never be caught, and now they will pay for their misdeeds.

Brennan, McCabe, Clapper and Comey should not be sleeping well at night.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post