SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 170
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Steele dossier // p169 Durham Report: FBI Should Never Have Begun ‘Russia Collusion’ Investigation Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Details of Cohen’s surgery were not immediately clear.

Is that when they cut his tongue out?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
pretty sad that we learn more about the Steele dossier from lawsuit depositions in cases filed by Russians , than we ever have from our FBI and intel agencies.

Wonder if Judicial Watch was looking at this one?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from CTH (Conservative Treehouse)

Lynne Patton sat behind Mark Meadows (R) at the Cohen testimony yesterday. She is very supportive of President Trump

In January, Patton had put on her facebook page:

Many of you may already know that I considered Michael Cohen to be one of my very best friends. Countless people can confirm that we were virtually inseparable during my employment at Trump - and that he is, single-handedly - responsible for introducing me to the Trump family and effectively changing my entire life. I would be lying if I didn’t admit that my heart still breaks for him and for his family, with whom I had grown extremely close.

What many of you may not be aware of is the fact that I can personally confirm that the ONLY reason Michael Cohen “turned on” the President of the United States is because Mueller threatened to throw his wife in jail for up to 30 years. Period.

She is the co-guarantor of a $20M personal loan that Mueller discovered Michael secured back in 2015 by falsely inflating the value of his taxi medallions - effectively making her part & parcel to the federal charge of “Making False Statements to a Financial Institution,” to which Cohen ultimately plead guilty.

https://theconservativetreehou...0-years/#more-160651

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.politico.com/story...opher-steele-1202141

Trump-Russia dossier author Christopher Steele backs out of public appearance

Christopher Steele has backed out of plans to speak by video at a pro-democracy gathering in Baltimore next week, according to conference organizers.

The planned speaking engagement, which had not previously been reported, would have marked his first public appearance since the publication of the explosive dossier aside from brief statements he made to the media in March 2017.

Steele, a former MI6 officer, had been scheduled to speak about disinformation next Thursday at the Reawakening the Spirit of Democracy Conference at the George Peabody Library in Baltimore.

Steele was scheduled to speak on a panel moderated by Washington Post columnist Anne Applebaum. The panel also features Evelyn Farkas, a former deputy assistant secretary of defense for Russia/Ukraine/Eurasia under Barack Obama, and Ed Lucas of the Center for European Policy Analysis, Epshtein said.

Though Steele is listed as a speaker in promotional materials, Applebaum said that he had gotten “cold feet” last week and canceled. She added that he backed out on advice of counsel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Remember how so many people were talking about Steele as the great UK intel guy who specialized in Russia issues?

So super spy writes a dossier where, after 2.5 years, not a single person named in the dossier has been charged w what Steele says they did.

Steele is indeed an expert in generating "disinformation"

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I hope that that disgusting sack of shit is looking over his shoulder for the rest of his miserable life. It would be a real shame if they fished his body out of a river.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
God help the Thames if he was found it’s poluted enough.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I hope that that disgusting sack of shit is looking over his shoulder for the rest of his miserable life. It would be a real shame if they fished his body out of a river.

What is that expression Mr. Scott used?????? Ah, I recall now.

Wearing concrete galoshes.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Two items:

President Trump tweet:

Bad lawyer and fraudster Michael Cohen said under sworn testimony that he never asked for a Pardon. His lawyers totally contradicted him. He lied! Additionally, he directly asked me for a pardon. I said NO. He lied again! He also badly wanted to work at the White House. He lied!

8:04 AM - 8 Mar 2019

2. A REP member of the House has released the Bruce Ohr testimony to the House Judiciary Comm back in Aug 2018

link:

https://t.co/Cp7kLKEk0g

This is a long doc (over 200 pages). will post some specifics after reading thru it

two examples of Ohr testimony:

- he met multiple times w the FBI to pass on inputs from Christopher Steele, but he never told his boss (Sally Yates). That is very hard to believe

- Ohr told Andrew McCabe and Lisa Page that Steele desperately didn't want Donald Trump to be president. He also told them the Steele material had to be verified. This indicates an FBI lie in the Carter Page FISA warrant

Rep Doug Collins (R) says that he will likely release other transcripts from House Judiciary/Oversight task force. Lawmakers interviewed James Baker, Nellie Ohr, Trisha Anderson, Lisa Page, Peter Strzok, Sally Moyer.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Reading over the Bruce Ohr testimony and some articles on it makes me wonder about this:

The FBI has long argued that the Steele dossier did not trigger the counterintelligence operation into the Trump campaign working w Russia to influence the 2016 election. (the phony BS counterintel op)

Peter Strzok has said he started that counterintel op on 31 July 2016.

Christopher Steele seemed to seldom come to the United States.

Steele briefed FBI agent Gaeta in London on 5 Jul 2016.

Steele met the FBI late in the summer in Rome.

The release of Bruce Ohr testimony and some Ohr email/texts includes this:

29 July 2016 Steele to Bruce Ohr

Dear Bruce,
Just to let you know I shall be in DC at short notice on business from this PM till Saturday eve, staying at the Mayflower Hotel. If you are in town it would be good to meet up, perhaps for breakfast tomorrow morn? Happy to see Nellie too if she’s up for it. Please let me know. Best, Chris

xxxxxxxxxx

So Steele came to Wash DC on short notice on 29 July 2016. That was a Friday.

He would be in DC thru Saturday, 30 July 2016.

And coincidentally, Peter Strzok kicked off the counterintel op on 31 July 2016.

Quite a coincidence.

Who did Gaeta report to about the 5 July 2016 mtg ?

Strzok said the investigation didn't know about the Steele material until mid Sept 2016.

But Ohr briefed Andrew McCabe and Lisa Page a day or two after meeting w Steele on 30 July 2016. Lisa Page didn't share that with Peter Strzok ?

Mueller sends people to prison for lying to the FBI under the most shady and ambiguous of conditions, but FBI people routinely lie to the American public.

There are lots of reasons why the FBI doesn't want to say the investigation was triggered by the Steele material.

1. They would then admit that information from Russians, gathered by a foreigner (Steele), paid for by the Clinton campaign, was used to investigate the Trump campaign.

2. The Steele dossier looks more pitiful & untruthful with each passing month.

3. The FBI could never say the dossier was verified.

4. The FBI probably wasn't thrilled that Steele was an FBI confidential human source while he worked w Fusion GPS to put together the dossier

5. Bruce Ohr passed information from Steele to the FBI from Aug 2016 to Nov 2017. Over a year in time duration. Even after the FBI fired Steele as a source, and told the FISA court they had suspended the relationship w Steele.

The only people more unhappy than Glenn Simpson and Christopher Steele that Buzzfeed published the dossier, - well that would be the FBI.

They launched the most serious investigation ever into a presidential candidate, and subsequently the elected president, all based on lies.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
There was an update yesterday in the sentencing of Michael Flynn.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id...0f-a96b-f59fc7140000

Flynn was scheduled to be sentenced in Dec 2018. Mueller had recommended no jail time.

In a stunning decision, Judge Sullivan tore Flynn apart in court and advised Flynn to cooperate more to get a lighter sentence.

In this latest update, Mueller says Flynn's cooperation is complete except for a case involving a former business partner in a case in Eastern District of Virginia (EDVA). Flynn has requested a continuing delay in his sentencing by Judge Ellis.

The EDVA trial begins in July 2019.

IMHO, Judge Sullivan acted like a total ass last December. It is pretty clear the FBI set Flynn up. Especially thru Andrew McCabe.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Christopher Steele deposition in a defamation case is supposed to be released today. Haven't seen it yet.

diff topic:

Rep Collins released the testimony of Peter Strzok:

https://dougcollins.house.gov/strzok

(long at 312 pages)

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Unsealed court records are shedding new light, on how the unverified Steele Dossier wound up in the hands of the media, as President Trump entered office.

In his December 2017 testimony in a libel case, David Kramer – a former aide to late Arizona Senator John McCain – said he briefed news outlets on the Dossier…”

https://www.oann.com/former-ai...le-dossier-to-press/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8954 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Christopher Steele ... to speak ... at a pro-democracy gathering

On a related note, Kim Kardashian to speak at a high achievers conference.

lol

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Has this been discussed? I don't see it on the page.

Old CNN website was source of unvetted 'random' info used by author of anti-Trump dossier, docs reveal

Here's CNN iReport Roll Eyes

This iReport thing- whether or not it still exists- is obsolete. Facebook, Twitter and Youtube serve all of its functions, and more. One little web page cannot compete with these juggernauts.
quote:
Notable events

Although iReport proved popular from its inception, one event in particular catapulted such citizen journalism onto the international stage. On April 16, 2007, video submitted by graduate student Jamal Albarghouti captured the sounds of gunfire during the Virginia Tech massacre. CNN paid Albarghouti an undisclosed amount for the exclusive rights to the video he shot on his mobile phone. The immediacy of the pictures demonstrated the potential for such content.

On August 1, 2007, many of the earliest pictures and eyewitness accounts of the I-35W Mississippi River bridge collapse in Minneapolis, Minnesota were submitted to iReport.

In 2008, iReport generated controversy for a false report about Steve Jobs' health, which caused Apple's stock to temporarily drop. The hoax was attributed to users of the web forum 4chan.

Other instances where CNN iReport was being blown up with submissions are during Hurricane Sandy and the Boston Marathon Bombing. Although many citizen journalists have submitted articles to the site, many of them were not credible. This started much controversy for the webpage regarding ethical beliefs.

How naive and unsophisticated we were about such things in the first decade of this century.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Has this been discussed? I don't see it on the page...

I am shocked to see this all coming to the surface. I am glad to see it happening, but I have been skeptical that it would be allowed to see the light of day.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Seen at CTH

Here is an audio recording of an interview w Devin Nunes conducted by Sean Hannity

Good part starts at 2’15’’ into the recording

https://youtu.be/QBkE3UuaPzI

worth a listen

Nunes has been one of the most credible law makers regarding the Russia collusion investigation. His statements and writings have turned out to be true as more facts have come out.

Some of the highlights from the interview:

Nunes says his personal view is that Christopher Steele didn’t really draft most of the dossier. He says Fusion GPS (Glenn Simpson and Nellie Ohr) drafted most of it, gave it to Steele, and Steele put his name on it to make it “intelligence”. Steele may have added a little bit.

Nunes also says it is a false narrative that Five Eyes intelligence brought info that triggered the Strzok counterintelligence operation of late July 2016. He says the FBI was “thick into this” all through 2016, not starting in July 2016.

Several people were bringing parts of the dossier into the FBI, the State Dept, and fake news articles. He says you can find some of these stories spread over April, May, June, and July 2016.

reminder - it was April 2016 when the Clinton campaign hired Fusion GPS through Perkins Coie law firm

Glenn Simpson and his wife were reporting in the late 2000’s about Paul Manafort (when they were at the WSJ). Then came the soccer FIFA scandal where Simpson, Bruce Ohr and Christopher Steele worked together. That work was the basis for the FBI having trust in Steele.

Nunes says “It is Mueller and his team that are colluding”.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
For reference, here are the Steele and Kramer depositions that were released:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...-deposition-lawsuit/

The story is written by Chuck Ross

The complete Steele deposition is 145 pages, but only 43 pages were actually released.

"A federal court unsealed 43 pages Thursday of a deposition that former British spy Christopher Steele gave as part of a lawsuit over his infamous anti-Trump dossier."

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
HERE’S HOW THE STEELE DOSSIER SPREAD THROUGH THE MEDIA AND GOVERNMENT

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...teele-dossier-media/

The article can get confusing because there was so much going on.

Here is a summary chart of most of the interactions in the article.

The first column is a person providing information on the dossier; the second column is the person who was briefed.

Note how active McCain's aide David Kramer was.

Undoubtedly this is not a complete list.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
some odd comments from Steele's former MI6 boss

https://www.dailywire.com/news...ams-trump-ashe-schow

Steele left MI6 in 2009

Sir John Scarlett, who was the chief of the British Secret Intelligence Service (MI6) from 2004 to 2009, said after a recent national security panel in Washington, D.C. that the dossier Christopher Steele, who ran MI6’s Russia desk from 2006 to 2009, wrote was “overrated” and could never be corroborated.

Scarlett was asked if he believed what was written in the dossier.

“Well, no,” Scarlett said, “I looked at it and I thought these are commercial intelligence reports; I don't know about the sources -- they might be right, they might be wrong and they'll probably be overrated and they've been overrated.”

Ballasy then asked if Scarlett thought the dossier could ever be verified, to which Steele’s former boss responded: “No.”

Scarlett was then asked if he was “surprised” that Steele would put forth the unverified information contained in the dossier.

“Well, they were commercial intelligence reports and they were visibly that so there's a question of why they were there and where they came from and who commissioned them and so on,” Scarlett answered. “So, I've tended to see them in that context and never quite of political significance for obvious reasons and actually if you think about it, people have talked about them in a really big way a year or so ago and they haven't really made that much of a difference.”

“As I said, I suspect, all I can say, is they are overrated,” he added.

Finally, Ballasy asked what Steel was like to work with. Scarlett answered: “I’m not going to comment” and walked away.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"never quite of political significance for obvious reasons"

"they haven't really made that much of a difference"

Maybe Comey should have talked w Scarlett

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Almost a year and McCabe still has yet to be charged with lying to the FBI. But then I expect nothing less from the treasonous organizations of the Department Of INjustice and their boot stepping enforcement arm the FBI...

Representatives Jim Jordan and Mark Meadows send a letter (full pdf below) to Attorney General William Barr wanting to know what is the status of the criminal referral for fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe.

The referral was made April 19th, 2018, approximately five days after the OIG published their report outlining McCabe’s lies.

The McCabe criminal referral was made to Jessie K. Liu (above right), the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia who is also a member of the Attorney General Advisory Council (AGAC). According to reporting from last year there was a grand jury impaneled in/around July 2018.

Grand Jury testimony and activity is generally kept quiet; there have been no leaks and no public activity noted in the past eight months. However, Mr. McCabe has recently been highly visible on his book tour. Adding to speculation the grand jury may no longer exist, U.S. Attorney Jessie K. Liu is expected to be nominated to the #3 spot at the DOJ.

Given the distance from the original McCabe grand jury investigation (8 months); and accepting the current high-profile book tour by Andrew McCabe; and considering Ms. Liu is soon to exit as U.S. Attorney for DC; it would appear Mr. Jordan and Mr. Meadows are inquiring about whether or not the legal issues around McCabe still remain.

https://theconservativetreehou...eferral/#more-161482

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post