Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CBD oil Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Since I broke my elbow a year ago, I have taken a gelcap and rubbed on some lotion every day. The stuff I get is made from hemp and is legal in all 50 states. It helps me with both inflammation and pain - and I don’t have to take NSAIDs and risk messing up my stomach.

I get mine from a company in Colorado owned by a friend (I’ve known her over 40 years). She’s also a customer Wink

It’s not a cheap as some, but my husband has tried 10 different brands for his arthritis out of curiosity, and this stuff was the only one that seemed to have what it claims to have and be consistent, gelcap after gelcap, bottle after bottle.

https://www.revivehemp.com

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
Since I broke my elbow a year ago, I have taken a gelcap and rubbed on some lotion every day. The stuff I get is made from hemp and is legal in all 50 states. It helps me with both inflammation and pain - and I don’t have to take NSAIDs and risk messing up my stomach.

I get mine from a company in Colorado owned by a friend (I’ve known her over 40 years). She’s also a customer Wink

It’s not a cheap as some, but my husband has tried 10 different brands for his arthritis out of curiosity, and this stuff was the only one that seemed to have what it claims to have and be consistent, gelcap after gelcap, bottle after bottle.

https://www.revivehemp.com

From the From the Testimonials section it seems to be a panacea. Maybe I can convince my fiancee to try for her back pain.

I no nothing about it. Can you guys confirm it doesn't show in drug tests and that it induces ZERO high?

Also does anyone KNOW if it can affect your ability to purchase guns or hold CCW?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Zero high. They do say if you are drug tested, they have several items that will not pop positive, despite the very low levels in most of their stuff. Those are listed on the site.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Kinda ironic, Dr can prescribe you all sorts of far out narcotics, with alsort of ideations, suicide,homcide,paranoia, sleep depriving, hallucination generating pills...all legal, but any homeopathic totally benign SALVE, and the bogey man comes out.
Out of ignorance and arrogance sticking their nose up in your business just cause someone uttered a word that could be related to a formerly evil hombre...ganja.

Double standards ya say!?

Nah. Politics.

In time the politics will allow for tolerance, until then, tough waters to travel for some.
Go for it. I hear the almighty NFL Players and other also use the salve. Wink

Good luck with your aches.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I no nothing about it. Can you guys confirm it doesn't show in drug tests and that it induces ZERO high?

I can confirm that CBD topicals actually do control and lessen pain with absolutely zero high. Someone very close to me had a neck injury in her childhood and has had problems for decades since. It took about a few months of daily application of CBD emu cream and she has been pretty much pain free for about eight years. Zero high. None.

quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Also does anyone KNOW if it can affect your ability to purchase guns or hold CCW?

Well, that’s the grey area I have concerns about. I have a really bad shoulder that got torn wrestling in high school and a knee that will probably need surgery. I could benefit, but state laws aren’t federal laws, and the fed loves to keep reminding us these last few years that even though the stuff might be legal on a state level, federal law still trumps it. Until someone shows something proving that federal law doesn’t give a damn about hemp-grown CBD products, I’m going to continue to say that it’s a risk. And I really do want to be proven wrong. I do.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We just bought some CBD drops (oral) and a topical cream for my wife. She noticed almost immediate relaxation (no "high", just less anxious) and headache relief.

It'll be interesting how this plays out over the long term

Posts: 1173 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 16, 2001Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
My wife has a bad back (herniated disc, two surgeries, waiting on a 3rd), and she swears by it. Says it's the only thing that gives her any relief, better than any Rx.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Cbd oil is still listed as a schedule 1 controlled substance by the dea. Individual states may allow its sale (just like marijuana) but from the dea or batf's perspective you would still be considered a user of an illegal controlled substance. Not sure how they would know but.......

A bigger concern would be your employer if you should be randomly or for cause drug tested (like after an on the job accident or injury). Cbc oil will still pop for marijuana in standardized drug tests, and most employers still have a no tolerance policy and will terminate.

Posts: 270 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 22, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I should explain that my broken elbow is a bit more severe than the normal wear a cast for 6 weeks and be all better.

I have 7 plates in my arm. My surgery took 3 hours, though the surgeon blocked off 5, just in case. My arm will never be even 90% (fortunately it's my right and I'm left-handed). I have good days and very, very bad days. I NEVER have to take Motrin, Aleve, Aspirin...nor do I have to put ice on my arm.

CBD gelcaps and lotion get me through even the worst days, when the weather kicks it into high gear or I did something stupid - you know, something I used to be able to do without thinking.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I just bought some on Amazon. Didn’t know I could buy it there!

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marc1911:
Cbd oil is still listed as a schedule 1 controlled substance by the dea. Individual states may allow its sale (just like marijuana) but from the dea or batf's perspective you would still be considered a user of an illegal controlled substance. Not sure how they would know but.......

A bigger concern would be your employer if you should be randomly or for cause drug tested (like after an on the job accident or injury). Cbc oil will still pop for marijuana in standardized drug tests, and most employers still have a no tolerance policy and will terminate.

Well I guess we'll stay away until legal legal.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I looked into CBD oil last year, it seemed to be useful in several areas. Reading posts here, it really has my interest.

I didn't buy, it was too pricey to roll the dice. I may have to give it a try now, hope it's all so many are saying. Maybe a good market would dictate a more reasonable price.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
In theory it should work. Most of the evidence that it does work is anecdotal.

My recommendation? Give it a whirl. If it cures what ails ya? More power to ya. Just stay legal and within the confines of your HR department.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
https://www.dea.gov/divisions/hq/2015/hq122315.shtml

Like it or not, other than for FDA & DEA approved clinical research, CBD is still illegal.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That DEA announcement is from 2015.The DEA can change their minds.Just like the ATF did on Ar15 pistol braces.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
CBD oil can be made from marijuana or hemp. They are not the same plant.Hemp is legal on a federal level.Marijuana is not legal on a federal level.

Article date May 27th 2018

DEA says Hemp Derived CBD Oil Products are Federally Legal

https://www.anaviimarket.com/b...-are-federally-legal

DEA Clarifies Cannabinoids Legality

The Drug Enforcement Agency released an internal directive regarding the presence of cannabinoids in products and materials made form the Cannabis plant this week. In essence the directive of guidance for staff and field agents in the department clarified the (already understood by many in the hemp industry) position that cannabinoids are in fact NOT illegal of themselves and that it depends upon the legal source of the product those cannabiniods are in which determines if that product falls in or outside of the Controlled Substances Act. The directive states:

"Products and materials that are made from the cannabis plant and which fall outside the CSA definition of marijuana are not controlled under the CSA. Such products may accordingly be sold and otherwise distributed throughout the United States without restriction under the CSA or its implementing regulations. The mere presence of cannabinoids is not itself dispositive as to whether a substance is within the scope of the CSA;"

Legal Grey Area?

Articles and websites across the nation over the past years such as a top searched article on Google on the subject from the Bookings Institute dated back to originate back in February 2017 have stated a legal "gray area", or go as far to state with authority that all CBD products are federally illegal without having understood how legal hemp products containing naturally occurring CBD fit into the legality equation.

The "gray area" is actually quite clear and always has been if you just read and interpret federal code properly, especially not forgetting to read section 7606 of the 2014 US Farm Bill and the 2004 Hemp Industries Association vs DEA court decision. The agency who regulates and oversees Controlled Substances has now stated the mere presence of CBD in a product does not make it illegal.

WHO says CBD has a Good Safety Profile

The World Health Organization has studied the matter and confirmed that CBD oil is safe, even at high doses. They go on to state in their report from November of 2017:

"In humans, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential...CBD is generally well tolerated with a good safety profile...To date, there is no evidence of recreation use of CBD or any public health related problems."

For a substance to be placed on the Controlled Substances Act it must have a potential for abuse and have a likelihood of causing dependence when abused. The substance CBD and most all of the many cannaibnioids do not even come close to fitting this description. It also needs to be clear that every substance that naturally occurs in a substance on the CSA does not by default put that substance on the CSA. In marijuana, the targeted substance to be controlled is Delta 9 THC and not the many other cannaibniods or non psychotropic substances found in the plant.

The Future?

Legislation currently pending in the 115th Congress titled the "Hemp Farming Act of 2018" has bi-partisan support and has a decent chance of actually getting signed into law this year. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is one of the main sponsors of the bill.

At the press conference about the release of the bill he said, "It's time the federal government changes the way it looks at hemp, which is why Senator Ron Wyden and I, along with Senator Jeff Merkley, are introducing legislation that will modernize federal law in this area & empower American farmers to explore this promising new market."

The future of the legal American hemp derived CBD oil industry looks very bright even though some folks are still confused about the legality nuances. This new law will even further solidify the legality and legitimacy of the hemp derived cbd industry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wcb6092,

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMF:
https://www.dea.gov/divisions/hq/2015/hq122315.shtml

Like it or not, other than for FDA & DEA approved clinical research, CBD is still illegal.

I just bought it on amazon for $20...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.deadiversion.usdoj...inoids_05222018.html

(May 22, 2018)

In 2004, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit enjoined DEA from enforcing certain regulations with respect to tetrahydrocannabinols (THC). See Hemp Industries Ass'n v. DEA, 357 F.3d 1012 (9th Cir. 2004). The government did not seek Supreme Court review of that decision. In response to various inquiries, DEA hereby issues to DEA personnel the following internal directive on how to carry out their duties in light of the Ninth Circuit's decision.

The Ninth Circuit enjoined enforcement of what is now 21 C.F.R. § 1308.11(d)(31) (drug code 7370) with respect to products that are excluded from the definition of marijuana in the Controlled Substances Act (CSA). DEA thus does not enforce that provision as to such products.

Consistent with the Ninth Circuit's decision, DEA does not enforce 21 C.F.R. § 1308.35.

Products and materials that are made from the cannabis plant and which fall outside the CSA definition of marijuana (such as sterilized seeds, oil or cake made from the seeds, and mature stalks) are not controlled under the CSA. Such products may accordingly be sold and otherwise distributed throughout the United States without restriction under the CSA or its implementing regulations. The mere presence of cannabinoids is not itself dispositive as to whether a substance is within the scope of the CSA; the dispositive question is whether the substance falls within the CSA definition of marijuana.

The Controlled Substances Import and Export Act incorporates the schedules of the CSA. See generally 21 U.S.C. §§ 951-971. Accordingly, any product that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection determines to be made from the cannabis plant but which falls outside the CSA definition of marijuana may be imported into the United States without restriction under the Controlled Substances Import and Export Act. The same considerations apply to exports of such products from the United States, provided further that it is lawful to import such products under the laws of the country of destination.

This directive does not address or alter DEA's previous statements regarding the drug code for marijuana extract and regarding resin. See Establishment of a New Drug Code for Marihuana Extract, 81 Fed. Reg. 90194 (Dec. 14, 2016); Clarification of the New Drug Code (7350) for Marijuana Extract. As DEA has previously explained, the drug code for marijuana extract extends no further than the CSA does, and it thus does not apply to materials outside the CSA definition of marijuana.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
It works well for me with chronic pain from back/ spine injuries and surgeries. Amazingly well!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Report This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
I just bought it on amazon for $20...

Did you buy CBD Oil or Hemp Oil? What I seen on amazon didn't have CBD and was just hemp oil.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Report This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^. This. If it’s made from hemp, my experience is it won’t do anything (at least for chronic pain).

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post