SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 469
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
There are times mockingbirds over do the act. Did me good to see the one in the video get nailed. We've got a family living outside the house. Today one made a move that may prove fatal to it. It ran my hummingbird off the feeder. I'm now plotting its death. Hummers are invited guests.

The cousins of the mockingbird out front has a nest in my cherry tree. Its starting to get mad at me when I go out to the garage. I now have a badmitten racket to carry. One dive bombing incident and I'll do my best. I've found any net type object (tennis) is great for straining them. We had some incidents in the old house where they somehow got in the basement. Bats too. It feels so good to connect with a solid swing.

Too bad I've not managed to scan my old collection of comics into my computer. One I liked had two teen age boys walking in the house. The motherly figure asks if they've given up so soon. The one boy answers "the parakeet died."

Try feeding the mocking bird raisins that have been soaked in water.

I had a pet mocking bird that I found when he was just out of the nest so I placed him in a bush out of reach of the cats. I feed him raisins since I did not see his mother around.

From then on he would come around any time he saw me and want to be fed. When I came home from work, he would follow me out to the mail box and hover. When I opened the garage to go inside, he would fly in and land on the radial arm saw and wait there for me to get him some raisins. Big Grin

This went on for about three years and then I didn't see him anymore. I assume a cat got him since he would dive bomb them if they came in the yard.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zenmeister
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5609 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Cat wants all the treats.
http://youtu.be/C_yTa2TudJQ

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Cat march: The happiest video ever:

http://www.wimp.com/catmarch/

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Banshee doesn't agree Bre, but she gets fixed tomorrow and can't eat after midnight so she is kinda pissy anyway. Big Grin

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Cat sees his owner for the first time in six months:

http://www.wimp.com/catowner/

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:

Ain't that the truth!

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Oh, it's you. So where's the cat food?"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post

WHOA, BANANA!

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Wilson
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 692 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:

In their defense our family came back from Hawaii for two weeks and our little grey tabby went nutso. I don't think she knew whether we'd be comng back. She got an honorary dog commendation that day.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16352 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:

In their defense our family came back from Hawaii for two weeks and our little grey tabby went nutso. I don't think she knew whether we'd be comng back. She got an honorary dog commendation that day.

On the OTHER other hand, I had to go out of town for a week on business a few years ago. My dog stayed at home with my then roommate. I left on Sunday morning, and when I (finally) got back home late Friday night, Sadie came running out the bedroom, stopped when she saw me, gave me a "Well, it's about damned time!" look, turned around and went back into the bedroom. She used to go nuts when I came home from work every evening, but leave for a week and then come home? Meh... By the next morning she had forgiven me and was stuck to my heels for the next few weeks. She wasn't letting me out of her sight.

Posts: 7268 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:

WHOA, BANANA!

Get back Monkey Cat, get back, get back Monkey Cat, whoa
Oh yeah...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43882 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:

WHOA, BANANA!

That right there is a real cat "WTF moment"

God, family, country
Patriot Guard Riders
P-226 Blackwater
P-229-Black .40
P-225
NRA Life Member
Ohio Gun Collectors Association

Posts: 639 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:

Ain't that the truth!

Not for our cats.

--
Courage is the complement of fear. A man who is fearless cannot be courageous. (He is also a fool.) -- R.A.H.

Posts: 18461 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16352 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post