SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Pic of prez
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pic of prez Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Take a man at his word until his actions prove otherwise.

This ^^^^^

Especially today, maybe give the other guy the benefit of the doubt? Or at least let it slide, without rancor?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Unfuckingbelievable. If nothing else, the repeal of the individual mandate tax penalty should be reason alone for every liberty loving red blooded American to celebrate. But no, some just blindly follow the leftists' talking points. Roll Eyes

Have you ever noticed that those on the left who complain about tax cuts only helping the "super rich" are themselves, super rich?

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
even if it had only lowered corporate taxes.... you know who pays those, right? Not the corporations. They're passed on to the consumer in increased prices.

Absolutely.

A lot of those "evil" corporations will now be free to pass along those savings to their shareholders, employees, customers, etc.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Still trolling Kevin?
You are one of those "but" people aren't you? you know, I am pro 2nd amendment but... I am a republican but.... if you have to proclaim it then you probably aren't one.
You can call yourself a republican but you sure aren't a conservative.

quote:
Originally posted by Combat Vet:
Hey, I am not your average social worker! I am also a Republican but not a fan of the man.

I am still waiting for you to come back and defend you position in this turd of a thread you started: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This one smells.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I think Combat Vet is the Sixth Man.
--------
Ten men go out for beer. The bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing. The fifth would pay $1. The sixth would pay $3. The seventh would pay $7. The eighth would pay $12. The ninth would pay $18. The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. He said, "Since you are all such good customers, I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20. Drinks for the ten now cost just $80."

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes, so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men -- the paying customers?

How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share"? They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay!

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings). The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings). The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings). The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings). The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings). The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four

continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He

pointed to the tenth man, "but he got $10!"

"Yeah, that's right,' exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!"

"That's true!!"shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only $2 ? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!" The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important.

They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up any more. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
I think Combat Vet is the Sixth Man.
--------
Ten men go out for beer. The bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing. The fifth would pay $1. The sixth would pay $3. The seventh would pay $7. The eighth would pay $12. The ninth would pay $18. The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do. The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. He said, "Since you are all such good customers, I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20. Drinks for the ten now cost just $80."

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes, so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men -- the paying customers?

How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his "fair share"? They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay!

And so:

The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings). The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings). The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings). The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings). The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings). The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four

continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He

pointed to the tenth man, "but he got $10!"

"Yeah, that's right,' exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!"

"That's true!!"shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only $2 ? The wealthy get all the breaks!"

"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!" The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important.

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up any more. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

I like this analysis. No new math required!

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
quote:

And then government agents showed up at the man's door and made him pay up.

But I didn't drink any beer, he exclaimed.

It doesn't matter if you don't drink any beer, it's for the greater good.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Still trolling Kevin?
You are one of those "but" people aren't you? you know, I am pro 2nd amendment but... I am a republican but.... if you have to proclaim it then you probably aren't one.

quote:
Hey, I am not your average social worker! I am also a Republican but not a fan of the man.

I am still waiting for you to come back and defend you position in this turd of a thread you started: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/140601935/

I don’t troll, I post my thoughts. But everyone is so close minded and resorts to name calling, etc without discussing!

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I think the President drives trolls so batty because they like to troll, when they get called out on ignorance, they try to take the high road, and he merely points out their hypocrisy.

Quite frankly, I like it that he drives them so insane.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t troll, I post my thoughts. But everyone is so close minded and resorts to name calling, etc without discussing!

Without discussion?

You entirely missed the 71 page discussion before your 2nd Amendment post, and all the other discussions about Trump, taxes, etc., before spouting the Leftist line about the tax bill only helping "...the wealthy and big corporations." and you call others closed-minded when the discussions are some place other than your threads??

You either epitomize the definition of spoon-fed or you're trolling.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Still trolling Kevin?

quote:

Well man, you started the stupid knee-jerk reaction topic, with a stupid, "While I am pro 2nd Ammendment I do believe something has to be done, but what.?" Roll Eyes That's your "thoughts"? That's all you got?

If you were so passionate about it, you should have done a little thinking and research and then laid out your position. But no, your first reaction after a shooting is typical leftist emotional garbage, "Something has to be done". Translation, ban this and that. Mad

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Rush hit it on the head last week. He said something along the lines of "If you have to tell me that you are a Republican to preface your argument, you aren't one".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rush hit it on the head last week. He said something along the lines of "If you have to tell me that you are a Republican to preface your argument, you aren't one".

At least he did not say that some of his best friends are Republicans.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Still trolling Kevin?

quote:

Well man, you started the stupid knee-jerk reaction topic, with a stupid, "While I am pro 2nd Ammendment I do believe something has to be done, but what.?" Roll Eyes That's your "thoughts"? That's all you got?

If you were so passionate about it, you should have done a little thinking and research and then laid out your position. But no, your first reaction after a shooting is typical leftist emotional garbage, "Something has to be done". Translation, ban this and that. Mad

The post was closed, I could not post again.

Posts: 697 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Still trolling Kevin?

quote:

I went and checked the thread about the Vegas shooting that I pointed out to you to see your defense of your view point. Still waiting for it to show up.

You are a troll. You drop a turd and when others join in to discuss it you either bail on it because you are trolling or you stamp you foot and claim that others are closed minded and name callers.

You are a troll and this is not me calling you names. This is me classifying your character.

When you stop being a troll and actually share your thoughts and defend your point of view when challenged by others with different points of view I may change my assessment of you.

Until then, you are a troll.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Still trolling Kevin?

quote:

No, my point was that you should have had a well thought out and laid out case right off the bat, if you were so passionate about it, instead of spewing the typical leftist bullshit "Something has to be done".

So, did you bother to go to the 71-page thread already running to lay out your case?

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Out of Vagasil again?

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whenever I've read the OP's stuff and considered his screen name, I've always wondered "Which side?"

Posts: 783 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mesabi:
Whenever I've read the OP's stuff and considered his screen name, I've always wondered "Which side?"

See, there you go with your wrong thinking! Also, I never said anything about banning anything as another poster said. I am just thinking perhaps better background checks, mental health checks, etc. Better prosecution of firearms related crimes, stiffer sentencing.

I enjoy shooting and collecting firearms, I have about 15 weapons and about 8000 rounds of various ammo.

Kevin

PS: if anyone is ever up in NH let me know and we can meet and discuss in person.