SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Two S&Ws: K-22 and 27-2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two S&Ws: K-22 and 27-2 Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
I was pleased to be able to acquire a 1947 vintage S&W K-22. It’s a cool gun just to own and shoot, but I’m also using it as a practice tool to become a better revolver shooter overall.

I’ve been pairing it with other S&Ws at the range, running 12 to 18 rounds at a time through first the K-22 and then whatever other revolver I’ve brought along.

For this session, the partner-gun was a five-inch barreled 27-2. I don’t know the full lineage on either of these guns, but they both see regular range-time.

After a recent session but before a formal cleaning, I wiped them down and took a few pics.

I think my favorite shot is the second one - love those pinned, tapered barrels!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
WOW!!

The K22 has to be my all time favorite S&W!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ I hear you on that - it’s quickly becoming a favorite of mine, for sure - it’s been with me on every range trip I’ve made since I got it.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

posted Hide Post
I bought a 6inch K-22, Model 17-3, new in 1974. I have a variety of different 22 pistols, semi autos, double action revolvers and single action revolvers. I like the K-22 so much that I have acquired an 8 inch and a 4 inch. I think if I could only have one .22 pistol, it would be my 6 inch K-22. Both of your S&WS are very nice, I am sure you will enjoy them.

Posts: 617 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you!

Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Very nice! A K-22 is on my wish list. And a Colt Trooper in .22. Maybe after the house has been paid for...

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you - I’ve heard / read lots of very good things about Colt .22s.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
That is two Smiths I would love to own. Very nice.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Many thanks!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those are both nice, but what fun a K-22 would be.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you and, indeed, it is turning out to be one of the funnest guns I’ve owned so far!