New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dad's Guns Login/Join 
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for the loss of your Dad. You are very lucky to have his well cared for and well used guns -And the memories to go along with them!

Posts: 4801 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Here's a cool one... I don't actually have this gun because my Mom keeps it in her bedside table. Neat gun in the very manageable .38 S&W. It's a Model 33-1.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
A couple of guns for the grandboys. A really nice example of a Browning BL-22 and a Brazilian Boito SxS .410. I have 2 sons and a nephew (ages 6, 5, and almost 4) and they all got to pull the trigger a few times on the .22 a few weeks ago.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The Model 33 is lovely.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your father, and his firearms, with us. Both my folks are gone, I have a pretty good idea what you’re feeling.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Alright just a few more to go.

Dad bought this Winchester in about 1998. That year he went up to Saskatchewan on a deer hunt and killed a great buck (trying to find a picture.) Up until he got this rifle, which is a Model 70 Classic in 7mm Rem Mag, he had hunted with an old 742 Woodsmaster for a very long time. (Still have that one, too.) This a seriously well put together rifle with some great Zeiss glass.

This is a boring ol' AR-15. As you've seen, there's not much tacticool gear laying around Dad's place (or mine) but he figured it was a good thing to have. This is a stock Bushmaster Patrolman.

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Last one is a real gem of a gun but it's actually going to be sold. Dad was fine with that and he actually tried a couple of times to sell it. We live in quail country here and this gun is a 12 Ga choked M/F which just isn't really feasible. I did take this gun out 2 weeks ago and shoot 50 rounds of sporting clays with it. It absolutely hammers clays. It would make for a good duck gun if one were inclined to drag a $5000 SxS into a duck blind. More of an English driven pheasant shoot kind of gun.

It's an AyA No 53 from the early 80's. Exquisite in every way and a beast of a strong action. This is kind of AyA's flagship in a field gun, a scaled down version of the competition No 56.

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Love that AyA SxS!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Condolences on your recent loss of your dad. Having his guns and the memories that go with them is a wonderful thing.

My dad was a hunter, but I was not. When he died I did inherit his guns--2 shotguns and 2 rifles. His Ruger 10-22 I gave to his oldest grandson (my nephew) when he became 12 years old, per my dad's wishes. His shotguns and deer rifle I still have, but I've never shot them. Hunting was not an activity we shared (my choice). I have often regretted that decision.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post