SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Winchester One of a Thousand
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester One of a Thousand Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted
30-30 and .22lr matched set … just saw it a few hrs ago.

Took my son this AM and reminded him he’s likely to never see this again.

It’s really the only time I’ve ever liked gold on a gun.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful wood patterns on both rifles.

There are a couple of guns with gold on them in the Winchester collection at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
They do have nice wood. I would prefer case hardened receivers, but they are handsome rifles.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
They do have nice wood. I would prefer case hardened receivers, but they are handsome rifles.

Agreed - I think a nice phosphates “blue” would look better.

I will go check and see what they ultimately sold for.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Wow… Sold for $5500 +23% uplift (auction fees +10% taxes)

I thought it would’ve gone for 10 to 12 all day

~Robert A. Heinlein