SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    An Alaskan Picture for you guys
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Alaskan Picture for you guys Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted
I worked on this a little today to use for our social media advertising. It was stupid cold and windy, and I think despite the challenges we grabbed a few decent shots that day. The photo was well received in our circles, and I thought perhaps a few of you guys might like to see what my corner of Alaska looks like in the winter.

This is shot from about 350' AGL, over a property my company was appraising. This is viewing South, at the mouth of the Kasilof River where it meets the Cook Inlet on the Kenai Peninsula.

Critiques welcomed...I still have a lot to learn, our primary use is for print in our reports (obviously none of the subject property photographs are posted online). I try to grab a landscape shot for advertising use on every flight, and occasionally I upload to Adobe Stock, but I sell very few photographs. (ALSO...if anyone is concerned, I am certificated appropriately, and this was flown and captured with the appropriate permissions)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Nice pic. I've fished that river upstream, never Got to see where she empties into the bay. Thx for posting.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A very fine picture. (A little large, but OK.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Nice photo.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Very nice picture!
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
captured with the appropriate permissions

?

I'm familiar with model releases, but I don't think that would apply here. What certs/approvals would you need?

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Very nice picture!
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
captured with the appropriate permissions

?

I'm familiar with model releases, but I don't think that would apply here. What certs/approvals would you need?

In this case, a permit for commercial photography from the take-off/landing area and an FAA part 107 remote pilot certificate, as the image was and is utilized in several profit operations. Simply placing my logo on it drives the need for a remote pilot certificate from the FAA. Technically...I also had to register with the borough where I performed the flight and photography to collect sales tax on any products sold with this image. We hold such certificates in all the Alaskan boroughs requiring such.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post