SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A Ghost Town and Ancient Indian Rock Art
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Ghost Town and Ancient Indian Rock Art Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted
We took a short trip to the Boulder City, NV area to check out a touristy ghost town and a rock art site. The ghost town is Nelson, NV, easily accessed and set up for photos and events. They charged $10.00 for my time shooting with a camera but that was OK.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
The next day we went toward Laughlin, NV to visit a rock art site called Grapevine Wash. Easy to find and access it had some terrific drawings, some 800 years old. From there we made the short drive to check out the Davis Dam on the Colorado river, impressive.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, I especially love the carvings in the last one. The pink (Cadillac?) thing with the home made camper trailer is neat, too. I need to take the family to a ghost town around here, I'm in the right region for it.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool pics,thanks for sharing.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Great pictures, I especially love the carvings in the last one. The pink (Cadillac?) thing with the home made camper trailer is neat, too. I need to take the family to a ghost town around here, I'm in the right region for it.

Vulture mine near you would be a good place to start Smile

Really good pictures in Nevada, makes me want to check that area out someday.

Posts: 1293 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Oooo I love to see petroglyphs!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the vehicles

Posts: 11 | Location: Ashland Ohio | Registered: February 04, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Glad you're enjoying the photos, visit was fun. I'll add the sign at the entrance to Nelson, shows the folks have a sense of humor.