SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Grizzle makes a nice holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grizzle makes a nice holster Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted
I had a hard time finding someone who makes a holster for a Beretta 92 Centurion. This is the short slide, full size grip model.

Our own Ryan Grizzle does, though, and he made me a dandy one. This is his Workin' Man, a version of the Bruce Nelson Professional holster. He is highly recommended.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jhe888,

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
OWB, 1 loop? Or is the 2nd loop just not visible?
Seems a heavy gun for a single loop holster.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
OWB, 1 loop? Or is the 2nd loop just not visible?
Seems a heavy gun for a single loop holster.

The holster has a tunnel loop behind the gun doing the main weight bearing work. The slot is more to pull the butt closer to the body, although I am sure it supports the gun some, too.

Grizzle's website doesn't have a picture of the back of the Workin' Man, but other holsters here show what I mean.

https://rgrizzleleather.com/owb-holsters.html

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I figured as much.
Can't imagine that single loop holding a 92 of any variety.

Both, the holster and the 92, are quite nice.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
He sure does, jhe888! The GS2 I just received for my Colt Defender .45 ACP:

Goes on and off the belt more easily than I would have expected and carries so comfortably I almost wouldn't know it was there.

I may have to get a GS2 for my SIG P239 SAS.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
JHE, I’m in complete agreement. That’s a beautiful holster you have. Looks like it’ll carry the Beretta quite well.

I’m a huge fan of Ryan and his work. Both he and Kay are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Here are a couple he has done for me. Both are the “War Pig”. They are an OWB, but you can attach a couple loops and convert to IWB if needed. First two pics are a Kimber Micro 9 in horsehide with elephant. Third pic is calfskin with elephant. I have a matching elephant belt that is pretty fantastic as well. I can’t say enough good about Ryan’s holsters.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Yes, Ryan does outstanding work. He made me this GS years ago, has held up to occasional wear.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How long was the wait time on those ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I ordered it in mid-February, so five months. The holster was finished as promised - right on time. The deposit is nominal.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
How long was the wait time on those ?
I ordered my GS2 in early February. It arrived on our doorstep July 8. So currently a bit less than five months.

It was worth the wait. I treated mine with some Mitch Rosen Leather Lightning and it was good for carry immediately.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bigbuck5
posted Hide Post
I have three of his Georgia Snap holsters. They're all great!

Posts: 349 | Location: Guatemala | Registered: January 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I ordered it in mid-February, so five months. The holster was finished as promised - right on time. The deposit is nominal.

I have a couple for my P232's but just ordered one for my CZ PCR, I'll gladly wait the 5 months.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Top quality, easy talk with by phone, answers email and allows you to move order close to the top depending on workload. I know of one holster maker who’s top notch and won’t answer emails and takes six months.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Ryan does great work! A few years ago I had the privilege to harvest a Cape Buffalo in Tanzania. Afterwards, I received the hide and provided some of it to Ryan so he could craft a few special holsters for me. I don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity to hunt in Africa again, but I'll always treasure the special sets by Ryan.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Those are awesome, pulicords!