SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26349 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

I Love the look of Damascus! What's the thing behind it? great picture as always! I'm sure you've answered this before, but what camera setup are you using?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

First: the knife-
A Wil Stegner made-to-order FL Model, the frame is 6AL4V Titanium, the blade is Devon Thomas "Raindrop" stainless Damascus, and the scales are 40,000 year old Mastodon Ivory.

The object behind is an iron pyrite* sphere from Peru.

The camera for this shot: 7 y.o. Nikon D40x w/18-55mm. I also use a Nikon 7100 w/18-140mm.

*aka: “fool’s gold”

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Photographed a High School hockey game at the Naval Academy last night.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
with gun added

"The only thing we have to sphere, is sphere itself."*

*Puns are the lowest form of humor."-Samuel Johnson

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Z06,

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you.

First: the knife-
A Wil Stegner made-to-order FL Model, the frame is 6AL4V Titanium, the blade is Devon Thomas "Raindrop" stainless Damascus, and the scales are 40,000 year old Mastodon Ivory.

The object behind is an iron pyrite* sphere from Peru.

The camera for this shot: 7 y.o. Nikon D40x w/18-55mm. I also use a Nikon 7100 w/18-140mm.

*aka: “fool’s gold”

how do you like the 7100? that's still a crop sensor right? I have been looking at upgrading from my D90 and want to go full frame without spending a few G's. I guess the D700 may be my best bet.

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
how do you like the 7100? that's still a crop sensor right?

The last 2 shots were with the 7100. I like it a lot but it takes me several months with a new camera to get exactly what I want out of it and learn its tricks. It is a DX (crop sensor) and to go to an FX (full sensor) 810 would be $$$ because I would want some GOOD glass and not just kit lenses. I'll stick with this one for at least 2-3 years.

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
how do you like the 7100? that's still a crop sensor right?

The last 2 shots were with the 7100. I like it a lot but it takes me several months with a new camera to get exactly what I want out of it and learn its tricks. It is a DX (crop sensor) and to go to an FX (full sensor) 810 would be $$$ because I would want some GOOD glass and not just kit lenses. I'll stick with this one for at least 2-3 years.

I did the opposite, bought an older mediocre body and spent a LOT on glass. Hopefully I'll be able to get another body in the next few months.

sorry to derail the thread everyone.

├┼┼╕
246R

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I caught my wife's horse Nitrox looking at her...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post

Got a 150-600 Tamron for the D700 for Christmas. Getting quite fond of it.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Quick cell phone pic of snow today.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post

My new Liberty Mystic X currently hanging out on an SBR Daniel Defense in 300blk. Taken with a Nikon D7100

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
not today, but being that it's nasty out I'm staying in and editing pictures. this was from a few weeks ago in Margate NJ.

├┼┼╕
246R

Fear and courage
are brothers
Picture of cjennings1
posted Hide Post
Went fishin the other day. iPhone pic. Smile

Posts: 3364 | Location: PCB, FL | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5583 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolex 24 Daytona

"the soul of a dog is pure"

Posts: 265 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post