SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    What did you photograph today?
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you photograph today? Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Earlier this week actually. Just returned from driving a circle that included NE Wyoming, across S Montana, and in the NE gate of Yellowstone at Cooke City.

The first few pictures are from the Little Bighorn. These were taken Tuesday of this week, just one day after Memorial Day, hence the flags on the graves of the veterans buried there. I didn't realize that the Little Bighorn Cemetery contained the remains of veterans up through the Vietnam War.

Beautiful spring day at a place where it was "a good day to die."

Last Stand Hill

One pic of the sculpture at the American Indian Memorial, added just 10 years ago.

Yellowstone. Sunlit buffalo in Lamar Valley

The nursery

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the LBH area. The history is amazing.

Posts: 2128 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Beautiful country ... a nice place to visit, but too cold in the long winter months for me!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Rotty, I didn't get your email. Thanks!

Great photos all!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Hey! I've got one of that wire sculpture, too!
DSC_1504 by davidecasteel, on Flickr

It was taken in 2009 on a tour of National and State Parks.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldfireguy:
I love the LBH area.

I despise it. I lived in Hardin and worked at the Crow Agency hospital for a summer about ten years ago. I hated every single second of it. Miserable people and miserable country.

quote:
The history is amazing.

This I'll give you. It's one redeeming quality.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Duck Doctor
Picture of reconair
posted Hide Post
Mars from my backyard observatory.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: reconair,

US Army, Retired
NRA Golden Eagle Life Member

‘‘Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? ... If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?’’

— Patrick Henry

Posts: 576 | Location: Near Lake Anna, Virginia | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reconair:
Mars from my backyard observatory.
Nice catch!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Couple shots of the Robins. Very near leaving for their first flight.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Bear Rocks. Monongahela National Forest - Dolly Sods Wilderness area.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by oldfireguy:
I love the LBH area.

I despise it. I lived in Hardin and worked at the Crow Agency hospital for a summer about ten years ago. I hated every single second of it. Miserable people and miserable country.

quote:
The history is amazing.

This I'll give you. It's one redeeming quality.

I guess I can understand the frustration of working with IHS, and there's no doubt that reservation Indians are the worst of what the welfare state brings. I don't understand "miserable country" though. I think the northern Great Plains where it meets the Rockies is some of the most beautiful country...in the country; especially given that you apparently only stayed a summer.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
A few shots with the new Nikon D5300 and 40mm lens.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
took this, and a bunch others, while strolling thru Hollywood Cemetery Mothers day

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The journey is
the destination.
Picture of newcatwalt
posted Hide Post
An "Odd Couple" who's company I've really grown to enjoy.

-------------------------------------------
Life is tough... it's tougher if you're stupid.

Posts: 982 | Location: Las Vegas / Henderson, NV | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Quite a few heros of the confederacy at hollywood cemetery. Not to mention three presidents and a prominent author, Douglas Southhall Freeman whose prose literally brings R.E.Lee to life! Lord rest them all
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
took this, and a bunch others, while strolling thru Hollywood Cemetery Mothers day

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of triage1998
posted Hide Post
A new friend joined the family yesterday Cool

Kevin Nightingale
Nightingale Leather
Maker of Quality Handmade Holsters

https://nightingaleleather.com/

Posts: 1019 | Location: Medina, Ohio | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
The city is finally getting ready to tear down "Defenestration" today. It's the abandoned hotel that started as a temporary art installation in 1997, but ended up lasting until now.

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triage1998:
A new friend joined the family yesterday Cool

The DW is set up very nice sir. Sights and long trigger just does it!

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post