SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Ed Brown Government 1911
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ed Brown Government 1911 Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I recently acquired this stainless Ed Brown 1911 from their website ...

Very nice. Quietly elegant.

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I almost missed the American Flag treatment to the slide serrations when I first saw it online.

I noticed that right out of the gate. I like it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all. This is my first Ed Brown after reading about them for many years now. It has lived-up to the billing, for sure.

Posts: 6690 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Beautiful pistol as well as functional for EDC. Personal preference would be to find a nice set of stocks from Esmeralda Sheehan to dress it up a bit more. Wink

https://esmeralda.cc/collections/all

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ I like it!

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Ed Brown makes an excellent 1911. I had this one customized and Larry Davidson carved up the starburst cocobolo grips for it. Though currently in the very capable hands of another member here, I had many an enjoyable range trips with it. Very accurate, well built and comfortable in-hand. Enjoy yours as I've no doubt you will, and would caution you as they have a way of multiplying! You definitely picked up a beauty..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Oh that is NICE!

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
It was an excellent 1911. One I'll definitely miss. I just don't shoot anymore and finally letting go of the holdouts.

Enjoy yours, she will serve you well for many years to come!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That thing is a beauty, and everything I like on a 1911, and nothing I don't. Normally I am not really into fancy designs, but that American Flag built into the slide serrations is understated and elegant...I'm digging it! You've got a keeper there...enjoy it!

Posts: 8420 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you and I agree - normally, I don’t like any sort of special slide serration treatments. They really made this design work.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza