Ed Brown Government 1911

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/6870053754

June 01, 2019, 02:01 PM
ensigmatic
Ed Brown Government 1911
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I recently acquired this stainless Ed Brown 1911 from their website ...

Very nice. Quietly elegant.

quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
I almost missed the American Flag treatment to the slide serrations when I first saw it online.

I noticed that right out of the gate. I like it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
June 01, 2019, 05:17 PM
TheFrontRange
Thanks, all. This is my first Ed Brown after reading about them for many years now. It has lived-up to the billing, for sure.
June 04, 2019, 01:02 PM
pulicords
Beautiful pistol as well as functional for EDC. Personal preference would be to find a nice set of stocks from Esmeralda Sheehan to dress it up a bit more. Wink

https://esmeralda.cc/collections/all

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
June 04, 2019, 11:51 PM
TheFrontRange
^^ I like it!
June 12, 2019, 09:10 AM
just1tym
Ed Brown makes an excellent 1911. I had this one customized and Larry Davidson carved up the starburst cocobolo grips for it. Though currently in the very capable hands of another member here, I had many an enjoyable range trips with it. Very accurate, well built and comfortable in-hand. Enjoy yours as I've no doubt you will, and would caution you as they have a way of multiplying! You definitely picked up a beauty..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.
June 12, 2019, 10:28 AM
TheFrontRange
^^ Oh that is NICE!
June 12, 2019, 06:21 PM
just1tym
It was an excellent 1911. One I'll definitely miss. I just don't shoot anymore and finally letting go of the holdouts.

Enjoy yours, she will serve you well for many years to come!

Regards, Will G.
June 15, 2019, 03:43 PM
92fstech
That thing is a beauty, and everything I like on a 1911, and nothing I don't. Normally I am not really into fancy designs, but that American Flag built into the slide serrations is understated and elegant...I'm digging it! You've got a keeper there...enjoy it!
June 15, 2019, 11:15 PM
TheFrontRange
^^ Thank you and I agree - normally, I don’t like any sort of special slide serration treatments. They really made this design work.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza