SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    Replaced My Ruger MK3 with an Upgrade...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replaced My Ruger MK3 with an Upgrade... Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
Yep, that's my crotch. Don't get too excited.

I'm waiting on a Dead Air Mask .22 suppressor, and my Mark III wasn't threaded. I decided to upgrade to a Volquartsen Black Mamba:

This thing is SLICK, especially after I adjusted the trigger. The upper/lower fit has zero movement. The machining is also super clean.

I'm waiting on a Vortex Venom red dot for it. Once the suppressor is approved, I'll replace the compensator with it. It should be a nice package and the scourge of all the DAMN gophers in my yard.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17236 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very cool! How's it shoot? Does that compensator actually do anything in .22lr? I'm a big fan of the mk-series guns...I'm still convinced that Ruger incorporated some black magic into the design to make them run as well as they do. That Volquartsen is definitely the Cadillac, and should make an awesome supressor host...I'll be interested to hear how you think it shoots compared to your mkIII!

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
After I got it home yesterday it started pouring rain and now snow. We have a winter storm warning. The gun is still calling for me from inside the safe. Frown

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17236 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good opportunity to do some testing in inclement weather conditions Wink!

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is slick!

Please let us know if you think there’s a marked increase in accuracy.

Your report could cost me. Big Grin

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not in a shoot it out the back door kind of area? I don't think I'd have the kind of self control you're describing. I'd have at least had 50 through it to see how it felt.
Plans for G10 panels? I used those Hogue on my 1911s til I tried my first VZs. Now I have several sets in a drawer. Same with Berettas.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2728 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
posted Hide Post
I got to put a bunch of rounds down range yesterday and got the Venom sighted in. This thing shoots VERY smoothly. The relationship with my neighbors to the rear is tenuous, so I'd rather not test it with the noise. Once the suppressor is approved, all bets are off. Razz

I don't have anything other than bulk Federal .22LR, so I'm not sure how good of a measurement of accuracy I was getting, but I was holding less than fist-sized groups at 25 yards with this stuff. Had one failure to fire and one stove pipe, both likely ammo related. I need to get some higher grade .22 ammo to really test this thing out. Then I'll go back out to see how tightly I can dial it in.

Overall, super satisfied! Now I just have to wait for the ATF's stamp of approval. Frown

So far, I dig the Hogue grips. I wouldn't be opposed to some G10 panels in the future, but I'll try these out a bit more first.