SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Thank you eTripper! Done with an iPhone believe it or not.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
This one is my favorite. It was my Grandfathers.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Jeff, Your VC is gorgeous!

The Girard Perregaux (smaller one) in this pic was my Grandfather's. The Elgin was my Dad's.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ awesome Rogue.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

The Girard Perregaux (smaller one) in this pic was my Grandfather's. The Elgin was my Dad's.

a couple of nice rolex's in the mix.

Posts: 2207 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
This one is my favorite. It was my Grandfathers.

A VC will someday adorn my wrist. I love my 2 tone sub and it has been my grail watch for a long time but now after having owned it and loved it for several years I have a new watch quest. I'll never get rid of my Submariner and I'll probably buy an Explorer II, a Daytona or a Sea Dweller Deep Sea before I get my VC but hopefully by the time I retire I'll wear a VC to a trial or at least grand jury some day. I'd take just about any VC before just about any Pattek Phillipe any day and twice on Sunday. Gorgeous watch!

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airbubba:
...a couple of nice rolex's in the mix....

Yeah, a little history there. I purchased the Explorer II when I received a milestone (for me anyways) promotion in 1997. The Milgauss was acquired when I took a new position in 2009. A big career shift for me. And, last December (hasn't made it to a collection snapshot yet) I completed my MBA. So here's my Zenith El Primero! My first Chronograph ever.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: r0gue,

Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post

Sorry for the crappie pics

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1137 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Sweet DOXAs. Apropo for a Miami guy!

Engraving is
scratching
on purpose
Picture of mm6mm6
posted Hide Post
Nice to see some more Doxa love!

Posts: 985 | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

Very nice grouping!

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
Really like old watches too.

The Elgin pocket watch was given to my father by his grandfather for his confirmation day(Lutheran)back in the mid-20s. The upper left rose gold on a leather strap(not original)was a gift from my mom to my father during the '40s. The others I picked up over the years(no longer have the GMT).

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mm6mm6:
Nice to see some more Doxa love!

Thanks and same to you. Think I've seen your user name on the Doxa Forum before. Ray

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1137 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JD83:
Really like old watches too....

My favorite vintage (from a wearable perspective, as obviously my family watches are more precious to me) is my Hamilton Super-Compressor 600! Circa 1960ish.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That Vacheron Constantine is a nice one. You don't see those every day.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm primarily a Seiko guy with a few Citizens for good measure.

-------------------------

Sigs: more than a few

Posts: 1605 | Location: Philly | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Love the 4:00 crown on Seiko divers. I'm sure I'll have an O.M. mod again one day.

Picture of xring04
posted Hide Post
Nato straps are my new addiction.

I've ordered more. Nato all the divers!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xring04,

On the Right.

Posts: 1197 | Location: NE Fl. | Registered: August 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Marathon Rescue Diver, Nasa Qualified

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post